What's your most prized possession?

20210130-185521.jpg

My ESP Eclipse guitar, paid $2k for it second hand and i love it.
Hell ya, brother! I've wanted an ESP since I was a teenager listening to heavy metal. One of these days, I'm going to buy an ESP M-ii Deluxe or an Eclipse (or both). Most of the ones I've seen that are available second hand are in Japan. Almost pulled the trigger on an M-ii a month ago, but I ran into another one of my dream guitars from my youth on reverb.com and had to buy it first: '99 EBMM Axis hardtail.

Outsides of old photos. I have a carpenter chest my pawpaw used. Second to that, I have stones I collected from all over the world. Coliseum and Palentine hill, pyramids in Belize and several unique coast spots all over. Don't really care about material things but those mean something

Les paul goldtop
Dang, I'm getting my guitar fix from this thread. That's definitely a bucket list guitar for anyone. While not even in the same stratosphere as your Gibson, I had an Epiphone "LEs pAuL cUStoM" in the 90's that played great for the quality of it (Korean). The fretboard and neck radius is just more comfortable than my Fenders (Squiers. I was a poor). I regret selling that one. It played well.

Hell ya, brother! I've wanted an ESP since I was a teenager listening to heavy metal. One of these days, I'm going to buy an ESP M-ii Deluxe or an Eclipse (or both). Most of the ones I've seen that are available second hand are in Japan. Almost pulled the trigger on an M-ii a month ago, but I ran into another one of my dream guitars from my youth on reverb.com and had to buy it first: '99 EBMM Axis hardtail.

Yeah mine is a E-II made in Japan, fuck it’s excellent to play, a real pleasure

Dang, I'm getting my guitar fix from this thread. That's definitely a bucket list guitar for anyone. While not even in the same stratosphere as your Gibson, I had an Epiphone "LEs pAuL cUStoM" in the 90's that played great for the quality of it (Korean). The fretboard and neck radius is just more comfortable than my Fenders (Squiers. I was a poor). I regret selling that one. It played well.

i love les pauls and strats like the rest of us. Im lucky enough to have usa made ones. The gold top is just so iconic imo which is why its the prize of this thread.

i did however find for my skill level( brown belt if you will ) and fit etc this prs feels like the best of both worlds and really improved my playing.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/SE...MI-qmQpczo-gIVwytMCh2CAAFLEAQYDiABEgLVnPD_BwE

Yeah mine is a E-II made in Japan, fuck it’s excellent to play, a real pleasure
There are so many awesome guitars made in Japan, especially all of those licensed Gibson guitars made over there in the 80's/90's. Great value. Japanese guitars are on the same level as current USA made guitars, IMO.

Does your E-II have EMGs or passive pickups?
i love les pauls and strats like the rest of us. Im lucky enough to have usa made ones. The gold top is just so iconic imo which is why its the prize of this thread.

i did however find for my skill level( brown belt if you will ) and fit etc this prs feels like the best of both worlds and really improved my playing.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/SE...MI-qmQpczo-gIVwytMCh2CAAFLEAQYDiABEgLVnPD_BwE

I've eyed PRS's before. Never handled one, but they're supposed to be a guitar player's guitar. My EBMM Axis is similar in it's a blend of Fender and Gibson.

BTW, what year is your Gibson?

My Gibson SG.
Any photos?

There are so many awesome guitars made in Japan, especially all of those licensed Gibson guitars made over there. Does your E-II have EMGs or passive pickups?

I've eyed PRS's before. Never handled one, but they're supposed to be a guitar player's guitar. My EBMM Axis is similar in it's a blend of Fender and Gibson.

Any photos?
I may have a photo from the day I opened the case to find the headstock snapped!

There are so many awesome guitars made in Japan, especially all of those licensed Gibson guitars made over there in the 80's/90's. Great value. Japanese guitars are on the same level as current USA made guitars, IMO.

Does your E-II have EMGs or passive pickups?

Any photos?

2019 “classic”

necks a bit too thin… odd on a les paul compared to my 2013 studio and pretty much every other les paul ive picked up.

but tone wise its special imo. Even has the push pull pots. So many options.

there are a ton of songs i can play on a lp or on a strat but not both. The prs solves that.

Back