What's Your Next Purchase? V5

So I bought both ^ from Lanbo's armory yesterday at 1pm. Order shipped at 1am, not an order ready to be processed thing, it already departed and it heading my way. Impressively quick.

So I bought both ^ from Lanbo's armory yesterday at 1pm. Order shipped at 1am, not an order ready to be processed thing, it already departed and it heading my way. Impressively quick.

Gotten some decent firearms deals through Lanbo's.

@Gregolian

A while back we were talking about bino harnesses, I just found out the vortex guide harness/pack is made by Alaska guide creations (a company I reccomend). I just thought that was cool.

I just got to Jackson hole after 8 days of scouting In the montana unlimited sheep units with my buddy, used tons of new gear: kifaru, Kuiu, scarpa, Leica. So I have some reviewing to do before heading back to Alaska.

I bought this yesterday: 41QoJSCIV9L.jpg

It's going to be my EDC. SpyderCo PM2

Also bought this, just because. Ka-Bar BK3 Becker Tac Tool
51CRsgr7wQL._SL1024_.jpg

Turners Outdoorsman had a huge anniversary sale at their Lake Forest store. They had a Kimber Custom II for 529 but only had 20 of them.

Went after work and they had sold out of so much stuff. I got a bunch of ammo but didnt get to pick up a Kimber... Sad times.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KJMK4W2/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_post_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Awesome tactical backpack, with an average 4.6/5 rating... for only $40.

This is a hellova deal.

41YyXA5nK8L._SY400_.jpg

Turners Outdoorsman had a huge anniversary sale at their Lake Forest store. They had a Kimber Custom II for 529 but only had 20 of them.

Went after work and they had sold out of so much stuff. I got a bunch of ammo but didnt get to pick up a Kimber... Sad times.
Aren't Kimbers more like safe queens nowadays? I know at least 5-10 years ago they were the top of the line production 1911s on the market that weren't from custom companies like Nighthawk, Ed Brown, or Wesson but I thought more recently QC for them has been hit or miss and they've become safe queens.

Aren't Kimbers more like safe queens nowadays? I know at least 5-10 years ago they were the top of the line production 1911s on the market that weren't from custom companies like Nighthawk, Ed Brown, or Wesson but I thought more recently QC for them has been hit or miss and they've become safe queens.
For that price I was willing to take the risk

Their ultralight hunting rifles are the shit. I mean IMO there's nothing that even comes close unless you go custom. Barrett has their new rifle out but it's a 2 position push feed gun vs. kimbers 3 position safety controlled round feed. I actually shot my kimber today and was making 3 shot groups into ragged holes at 200yds.

I'm finally feeling recovered from the trip to the Montana unlimited area, that place is brutal, you're either climbing and sucking wind or descending and wishing your knees were 10 years younger or that you didn't do sports when you were younger lol. We saw at least 20 full size male grizzly bears a few moose, elk, deer and tons of sheep but only a few good rams. It was an awesome chance for me to shake out some new gear mainly a pack a a Kuiu clothing system.

We had bears in camp 4 nights of this trip, even though we weren't hunting (scouting for my buddies upcoming hunt) I was sleeping with my rifle next to me with a round chambered in it.

That area is insane. It's just flat out massive and there's no easy terrain, we did about 75 miles of hiking and around 30k vertical feet of climbing that week.

Anyways....scored a weatherby pa-08 12g pump shotty for like 250 dollars, my shotguns get all F'd up because of the amount of rain we get, how much they get carried around and they also do double duty for bird hunting and beer protection so I'm not dropping big bucks on hunting shotguns anymore. This one looks good to go, should be durable, all synthetic. Let's just see if it can survive up here, I know functionally it can, I'm just worried it will rust itself like a fucking cunt.

Also grabbed 100rds of buffalo bore 147g+p hardcast because I want to just carry a g19 around most of the time rather than a 44mag or a 454. Im just trying to get lighter and more efficient wherever I can. The g19 with an extra mag (31 rounds) weighs less and is easier to make follow up shots than my 44mag with 6 rounds. Both have their place though.

There's a local bear hunting guide who dropped a charging grizzly with a 9mm and buffalo bore 147g+p hardcasts, new ammonia crazy, if 10-15 years ago somebody told me a 9mm "could" be adequate for bears I'd laugh.

It's amazing how penetrative those hardcasts are, they really cut through shit. Hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada I've run across more than my share of black bears. Nothing like what you guys deal with in Alaska but it's still the entire reason I sent my XD45 in for that Rowland conversion. I carry nothing but 250 grain hardcast rounds when I get out there.

... it's still the entire reason I sent my XD45 in for that Rowland conversion. I carry nothing but 250 grain hardcast rounds when I get out there.

Are you talking 460 Rowland? How's the recoil on that?

Are you talking 460 Rowland? How's the recoil on that?

I am, the recoil is significant even with the necessary compensator. The recoil feels similar to 454 Casull (big fat thump), just a bit lighter. The nice thing is even with the slightly longer chamber you can still fire .45 ACP through the gun, and with the rowland conversion's compensator the recoil is decreased by a considerable amount. This is on a 4 inch barrel by the way, not the 5.

This is the conversion kit from 460rowland.com by the way, not a homebrew thing. I will say this: my XD went on a hell of an odyssey to get the conversion done, and ended up having to be sent back to Rowland to be fixed because of some shit that was stuck in the muzzle. It works fine now.

I'm convinced that everybody on armslist is a troll or a Nigerian scammer.

I'm trying to dump a Daniel defense m4v3 because it never gets used (not because I'm desperate for money), I'm offering it for a really reasonable price and people keep making me ridiculous offers. One guy wanted to trade a ruger American rifle (worth like 300 bucks) and 400 dollars for it.....nope. One guy wanted to trade me for an xdm....nope. One guy asked if I'd take 650.00 for it.....nope.

And then the scammers: always asking my "best price", saying they are in Texas (even though I advertised it in Albuquerque" and talking about sending me cashiers checks and saying all sorts of strange shit and even giving me copies of FFLs which are probably fake.

Whatever lol.

I'm convinced that everybody on armslist is a troll or a Nigerian scammer.

I'm trying to dump a Daniel defense m4v3 because it never gets used (not because I'm desperate for money), I'm offering it for a really reasonable price and people keep making me ridiculous offers. One guy wanted to trade a ruger American rifle (worth like 300 bucks) and 400 dollars for it.....nope. One guy wanted to trade me for an xdm....nope. One guy asked if I'd take 650.00 for it.....nope.

And then the scammers: always asking my "best price", saying they are in Texas (even though I advertised it in Albuquerque" and talking about sending me cashiers checks and saying all sorts of strange shit and even giving me copies of FFLs which are probably fake.

Whatever lol.

Tell them you'll send it after the cashier's check clears.

Maybe just try gunbroker?

Trade it for something at a store?

Their ultralight hunting rifles are the shit. I mean IMO there's nothing that even comes close unless you go custom. Barrett has their new rifle out but it's a 2 position push feed gun vs. kimbers 3 position safety controlled round feed. I actually shot my kimber today and was making 3 shot groups into ragged holes at 200yds.

I'm finally feeling recovered from the trip to the Montana unlimited area, that place is brutal, you're either climbing and sucking wind or descending and wishing your knees were 10 years younger or that you didn't do sports when you were younger lol. We saw at least 20 full size male grizzly bears a few moose, elk, deer and tons of sheep but only a few good rams. It was an awesome chance for me to shake out some new gear mainly a pack a a Kuiu clothing system.

We had bears in camp 4 nights of this trip, even though we weren't hunting (scouting for my buddies upcoming hunt) I was sleeping with my rifle next to me with a round chambered in it.

That area is insane. It's just flat out massive and there's no easy terrain, we did about 75 miles of hiking and around 30k vertical feet of climbing that week.

Anyways....scored a weatherby pa-08 12g pump shotty for like 250 dollars, my shotguns get all F'd up because of the amount of rain we get, how much they get carried around and they also do double duty for bird hunting and beer protection so I'm not dropping big bucks on hunting shotguns anymore. This one looks good to go, should be durable, all synthetic. Let's just see if it can survive up here, I know functionally it can, I'm just worried it will rust itself like a fucking cunt.

Also grabbed 100rds of buffalo bore 147g+p hardcast because I want to just carry a g19 around most of the time rather than a 44mag or a 454. Im just trying to get lighter and more efficient wherever I can. The g19 with an extra mag (31 rounds) weighs less and is easier to make follow up shots than my 44mag with 6 rounds. Both have their place though.

There's a local bear hunting guide who dropped a charging grizzly with a 9mm and buffalo bore 147g+p hardcasts, new ammonia crazy, if 10-15 years ago somebody told me a 9mm "could" be adequate for bears I'd laugh.

Wonder how that compares to this stuff

https://underwoodammo.com/shop/9mm-luger-p-115-grain-xtreme-penetrator-2/

Tell them you'll send it after the cashier's check clears.

Maybe just try gunbroker?

Trade it for something at a store?

I wanted to trade it for something in a store but I don't have a local drivers license here so they won't deal with me.

<Prem973>

Pretty stupid. As long as you have a legit id I don't see the problem.

Yeah I'm not hauling that thing up to Alaska, I'm taking waaaay too much shit up there as it is.

I think the issue is they can't sell a gun to me as an out of state resident since I'm down here in NM with an AK I'd.

Back