What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I really am leaning more towards an Adirondack, light, compact, accurate as hell, reliable....

Sometimes it's tempting to just order up a NULA but I've never really got to play with one long term, just a few rounds at a range. So I'm not really so sure I'm getting much more than I'd get from a kimber.

I've seen you mention them a lot and have looked. It's like 2 oz lighter, probably more accurate(maybe couple-few tenths at 100), maybe slightly smoother action.

Honestly the Kimber would get my vote. I honestly really like the look of the entire rifle. Plus you could get a .30 cal Ascent and 6.5 Adirondack for almost the same price as the nula.

So got my 20 rounders. They look tiny. I couldn't believe the box they came in. Was thinking there was no way they sent the right ones.

r8fLdI8.jpg

I really like the way it looks with the spr with bipod though.

Ov9t9Ix.jpg

Pjl6avV.jpg

Got all the ammo I plan on testing.

aI7tb8B.jpg

Trying these targets out I saw on amazon. Just messing around with them in my backyard with my pellet gun and I like them so far. I like the blue vs the traditional red.

jWG4LGk.jpg

So got my 20 rounders. They look tiny. I couldn't believe the box they came in. Was thinking there was no way they sent the right ones.

Haha yeah, when I bought that 7 round .50 Beowulf mag (20 round .223/5.56) I was shocked at how small the bag containing it was.

I've seen you mention them a lot and have looked. It's like 2 oz lighter, probably more accurate(maybe couple-few tenths at 100), maybe slightly smoother action.

Honestly the Kimber would get my vote. I honestly really like the look of the entire rifle. Plus you could get a .30 cal Ascent and 6.5 Adirondack for almost the same price as the nula.

Yeah man, those NULA rifles seem nice and I could afford one if I really wanted but like you said, I could get 2 kimbers for that price. Or I could get a kimber, a scope and have enough left over to hire a supercub to drop me off for a week on kodiak or afognak.

I really like the kimbers, I think they are incredibly well thought out, nearly perfect rifles for their intended purpose. I have a mountain ascent and a few montanas and they are flat out awesome.

Another thing I may have mentioned before, there's a guy who makes titanium bolt handles and trigger guards for kimbers for a pretty reasonable price, that will drop another 2-3oz off the package. I know it's sort of splitting hairs at that point but you could get an Adirondack down to ~4.5lbs before you scoped it, put a lightweight leupold on it in talley lightweight ultra lows and have a ~ 5.25lb that's accurate as hell.

People around here get on my ass about counting ounces but when I fly in for sheep or goat hunts, they generally have very VERY strict rules about the 50lb weight limit going into bush planes so those ounces I save turn into pounds saved and those pounds saved turn into me carrying more food and 16 year old scotch with me when I fly in.

Speaking of saving weight, the other day my wife was horrified to watch me open a box from kifaru and instantly pull out my havalon and start slicing off straps and pieces of webbing and using a lighter to seal the ends of the cut webbing. She was pissed but I literally took 3/4 a pound off my empty pack weight.

Yeah man, those NULA rifles seem nice and I could afford one if I really wanted but like you said, I could get 2 kimbers for that price. Or I could get a kimber, a scope and have enough left over to hire a supercub to drop me off for a week on kodiak or afognak.

I really like the kimbers, I think they are incredibly well thought out, nearly perfect rifles for their intended purpose. I have a mountain ascent and a few montanas and they are flat out awesome.

Another thing I may have mentioned before, there's a guy who makes titanium bolt handles and trigger guards for kimbers for a pretty reasonable price, that will drop another 2-3oz off the package. I know it's sort of splitting hairs at that point but you could get an Adirondack down to ~4.5lbs before you scoped it, put a lightweight leupold on it in talley lightweight ultra lows and have a ~ 5.25lb that's accurate as hell.

People around here get on my ass about counting ounces but when I fly in for sheep or goat hunts, they generally have very VERY strict rules about the 50lb weight limit going into bush planes so those ounces I save turn into pounds saved and those pounds saved turn into me carrying more food and 16 year old scotch with me when I fly in.

I think if you can save something like a 1/4-1/2 lb in a rifle you would absolutely notice the difference. Is there any room to do some light fluting/dimpling on the barrel with those?

I think if you can save something like a 1/4-1/2 lb in a rifle you would absolutely notice the difference. Is there any room to do some light fluting/dimpling on the barrel with those?

I'd imagine so. The mountains scent has fluting on the barrel, bolt handle and bolt body.

p_100024721_7.jpg

Just impulse purchased this for $370, but comes the the $100 gift card so it was essentially $270.

I need to stop spending money. But now I have a $250 gift card to scopelist and $100 to Brownells. I'll probably get an MRO from scopelist and scalarworks leap mount from Brownells.

I shot a caribou today about 7 miles out of town. Drove my 4x4 out on the dirt road, spotted them about a mile out, sort of snuck closer, got the sights on a decent bull and that was that.

Drove the Honda up, butchered it and loaded it up and drove back to town. I ended up giving it all away as to stay in line with the native culture here, I guess I didn't give it all away but I really just kept the backstraps.

The shot was 234 yards, nice and easy. The havalon piranta made short work of the animal.

Bolt carrier group is all I need.
PSA has their premium BCG on sale for $70 (down from $150) with free shipping but the deal ends tomorrow at noon.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/palm...remium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html

The Nickel Boron one is only $20 more but it also runs out soon.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...on-bcg-with-carpenter-158-bolt-516446450.html

This gold "titanium" monstrosity is on sale on AIM Surplus with free shipping.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product....tride+9310+MPI+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=723

I shot a caribou today about 7 miles out of town. Drove my 4x4 out on the dirt road, spotted them about a mile out, sort of snuck closer, got the sights on a decent bull and that was that.

Drove the Honda up, butchered it and loaded it up and drove back to town. I ended up giving it all away as to stay in line with the native culture here, I guess I didn't give it all away but I really just kept the backstraps.

The shot was 234 yards, nice and easy. The havalon piranta made short work of the animal.

I need a recommendation for some gloves that will be warm in 30-50 degrees. Something light and thin enough that I could still write with but will hold up to some daily use using hand tools(shouldn't be too destructive). Also that won't compromise them if a light amount of water got on them.

Thought about just grabbing something from Arc'teryx and calling it a day but I figured I'd ask you first.

I need a recommendation for some gloves that will be warm in 30-50 degrees. Something light and thin enough that I could still write with but will hold up to some daily use using hand tools(shouldn't be too destructive). Also that won't compromise them if a light amount of water got on them.

Thought about just grabbing something from Arc'teryx and calling it a day but I figured I'd ask you first.

Check out stuff from Kuiu, first lite and Sitka. All of them make some thin durable gloves that are meant to be used hard.

I personally like the Kuiu guide gloves they are basically a leather work glove but made for mountain hunting. They also have the new attack glove which looks good.

Both Sitka and first lite also make a similar glove that will be durable but still allow you to work outside. I live in gloves like that when I'm fishing and hunting and pretty much doing anything outside. Also, all those companies sort of have a glove "system" which is basically seerste layers depending on what you want or need.

For example, I use the Kuiu guide gloves when I'm out hunting and just need hand protection, if it gets colder I throw on a peloton liner glove (also kuiu) for the warmth.

Check out stuff from Kuiu, first lite and Sitka. All of them make some thin durable gloves that are meant to be used hard.

I personally like the Kuiu guide gloves they are basically a leather work glove but made for mountain hunting. They also have the new attack glove which looks good.

Both Sitka and first lite also make a similar glove that will be durable but still allow you to work outside. I live in gloves like that when I'm fishing and hunting and pretty much doing anything outside. Also, all those companies sort of have a glove "system" which is basically seerste layers depending on what you want or need.

For example, I use the Kuiu guide gloves when I'm out hunting and just need hand protection, if it gets colder I throw on a peloton liner glove (also kuiu) for the warmth.

How's the dexterity of the guide?

I wish they had the Attack glove in stock in L, looks slightly more what I'm looking for. Fucking May till it's back in.

AttackGlove_VC_FR_1425x1825.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

UPS out for delivery my ass. Fucking 3rd day there has been a delay on my scope. That box better not look like a beaver and raccoon fought over it with the loser getting violently raped on top of it.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

UPS out for delivery my ass. Fucking 3rd day there has been a delay on my scope. That box better not look like a beaver and raccoon fought over it with the loser getting violently raped on top of it.
The winner used the scope as a dildo on the loser.

Back