DC
Jones
Anderson
Aldo
DJ
Cejudo
Hendo
Nog

If Jones had a clean history he'd be at number 1, I'd move him up if he moved up in weight and beat a few heavyweights. GSP beat all his opposition and captured belts across two divisions, DC had the highest level of success in two divisions. Fedor constantly fought bigger opposition and had one of the longest mma streaks in history in the most dangerous division. After the top 5 it kind of gets messy, it's all subjective. There's no one in MMA that is the definitive GOAT unlike some other sports. If Fedor hadn't tarnished his legacy by the rather embarrassing losses later in his career he'd be as good as a choice as any.
I don't hold the losses against him, he clearly needs the money.

Fedor
GSP
Bones Jones
Shogun
BJ
Anderson
Cro Cop
Machida
DC
Hendo

GSP
Jones *
Fedor
MM
Andy *
Henderson
DC
Aldo
Couture
Cruz

Hm: Edgar, Hughes
* I feel these fighters would be great regardless but the PED issue still casts a cloud. My order would still be the same.

Last edited:
1) Jones*
2) GSP (tied)
3) Fedor (tied)
4) Aldo
5) Silva *
6) D.C.
7) Khabib
8) MM
9) Big Nog
10) Hughes

... Hon mentions: Cruz, Hendo, Cejudo, Holloway, Wand

* popped for PEDS, confirmed cheats but 'everyone could be cheating' - depends on how much you weigh that up. If you assume everyone is cheating then this ranking stands, if not, then you'd drop these down or off the list

true GOAT cannot be drug cheat, so all drug cheats are disqualified automatically. also because we cannot know who was and was not a drug cheat pre-USADA, only USADA tested fighters should be considered for GOAT contention. if u disagree, go watch WWE

with those criteria in mind, here is the real list:

1. Cejudo
2. DC
3. Nunes
4. Conor
5. Holloway
6. DJ
7. Valentina
8. Khabib / Tony Ferg
9. Stipe
10. Woodley

honorable mention: Cowboy Cerrone

thanks for coming to my TED talk, don't @ me brö

1)GSP
2)Fedor
3)Silva
4)Jones
5)Aldo
6)Big Nog
7)Cormier
8)Henderson
9)Hughes
10)Penn

Jones
GSP
Fedor
Anderson
Aldo
MM
Hughes
DC
Penn
Hendo

Why is Jones always the big bad cheater and not the GOAT while Silva is some innocent man who did steroids only because he got injured? Silva is as big a cheater as Jones but doesn't even get half as much flak as Jones. Nobody questions his MW GOAT status but when it comes to Jones, all his accomplishments are null and void. Biggest double standard on sherdog imo.

In a way you are right, it just seems that JJ is a constant remorseless cheater, whilst others do it randomly, often when they are older or injured ... a bit like they do it out of “desperation” whilst he just blatantly doesn’t care and is allowed to get away with it. Just my impression/feeling.

GSP
Fedor
Silva
Jones
DC
Big Nog
Aldo
Hendo
Shields
Khabib
(that is in no particular order, but the last three guys "could" be three other guys) Vitor, Saku, Crocop, Hughes, among a few others have a decent claim to be in the last three spots.

More than 10...

GSP
Couture
DC

Mighty Mouse
Mcgregor
Fedor
Rousey

Sakuraba
Rickson
Royce
Cro Cop
Aldo
Hughes

Fedor
Nog
CroCop
Sakuraba
Mousasi
GSP
Aldo
Hendo
Khabib
Gomi

1-Jon Jones
2-Anderson Silva
3-Georges St-Pierre
4-Fedor Emelianenko
5-Demetrious Johnson
6-José Aldo
7-Daniel Cormier
8-Frank Shamrock
9-Henry Cejudo
10-Ronda Rousey

1-Jon Jones
2-Georges St-Pierre
3-Fedor Emelianenko
4-Anderson Silva
5-José Aldo
6-Khabib
7-Daniel Cormier
8-Demetrious Johnson
9-Henry Cejudo
10-Dan Henderson

1. Fedor
2. GSP (goes up to 2 for winning MW belt even though it was against Bisping)
3. Jones
4. Anderson
5. Aldo
6. DC
7. Khabib
8. Nog
9. Hendo
10. Sakuraba
HONORABLE MENTION:
MM is honorable mention for title defenses alone but 125 was just too shallow to propel him to top 10. BJ and Tony are honorable mentions as well. Tony top 10 GOAT with one more strong win I would say. Weidman with greatest strength of schedule in MMA history. Werdum and Cain as all-time HWs.

Most of these lists are pretty much dead on IMO and I was pretty surprised and impressed to see only 4 people put a guy with 4 career top 5 wins and zero title defences in a GOAT conversation which is absurd IMO.

GSP
Fedor
DC
Aldo
Hughes
Cruz
Nog
Hendo
Shogun
DJ

My personal top 10 list would be the following:

Fedor Emilanenko
Jon Jones
Georges St.Pierre
Anderson Silva
Frank Shamrock
Jose Aldo
Daniel Cormier
Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria
Kazushi Sakuraba
Igor Vovchanchyon
Outside of Frank, great list.

1-Jon Jones
2-MM
3-GSP
4-Weidman
5-Machida
6-AS
7-Holloway

8 through 16 would be Shogun,Shad,Rampage,Joe B,Aldo, Gus, DC, Werdum and Hendo. Really hard to put any of those guys above the other. Aldo was probably higher last time I made this sort of list but hey last time would be before Max lost to Dustin and Aldo lost to Volk. Both those events hurt Aldo's stature in this discussion IMO. Probably had Holloway higher as well.

7 time defending Matt Hughes doesn't even make your Top 16. smh

7 time defending Matt Hughes doesn't even make your Top 16. smh

Not even close. Borderline top 5 or 6 at 170. He just fought in such a mediocre era, beat baby GSP once. Shields, Hendricks, Fitch, Woodley heck maybe Marty soon all are higher IMO.

1- GSP (Jones will be #1 by his career ends probably)
2- Jones
3- Anderson
4- Fedor
5- DJ or DC

Back