Whay age did you learn most "friends" arent ride till you die?

Around 14/15yo scavengers drop mask and starts try get inside your exes

That's the line between true friends and people you can have fun with but are one word away from teh jab

When I joined the military and left town I tried my best to stay in contact with my friends. It didn't take long to realize that I was the only one making efforts to stay in touch. After a while I just stopped reaching out. Out of sight out of mind I guess.

I learned when I got back from my last tour in Iraq and came home. Tons of friends showed up for a big coming home party and wanted to see me. After the novelty of about a month wore off I couldn’t get any of them to even hang out, not even go to bars. What bothered me about it was many of them were, they would make plans and hang out and I was just kinda forgotten, I was 23 at the time so life wasn’t that crazy with responsibilities. They just had lives while I had been gone for a few years, and when the dust quickly settled, they had their regular lives that I just wasn’t part of. It sucked because I was recently divorced, severely depressed, and incredibly lonely. To the point I was going to movies and restaurants by myself just to get out of my house. I felt like a ghost for a while.

I kind of learned it over time through a few hard experiences. I found most people are all talk and no action. I’ve only been friends with one person who I truly believed would have my back in any situation and we are still friends to this day.

From as far as I can remember my dad was always telling me never to fully trust anyone, and while I had stuck with it for the most part, there were instances in my life where I slipped up. First was in college when I joined an Asian Canadian/American community type of thing, always talking about fighting racism and stereotypes and whatnaught, then when things was getting cool, there was news of Vietnam talking about China should return Spralty islands in the East China sea, and the cans immediately pulled a 180 and started going full neo-nazi on me, saying VN people are dogs, people who keep bothering China and "deserve to be exterminated", inferior sub-species, only the ones who had "Chinese blood" were intelligent, tall, and superior, "real" Vietnamese ethnic people are all 80 IQ subhumans are nothing but like n**gers but small cocks (odd considering they are yellow as well and it ain't like there's much deviation...). Odd is all are western born and raised but seemed to have big support for CCP.

The whole deal felt like a liver shot to me, talked about kumbaya unity, and equality, then pull that bullshit on me. Part of the reason I fell in with them was because of some discrimination from other groups back then (as cringy as that may sound on Sherdog), and this was supposed to be the place where that wasn't there. I ended up trying to prove it was all bs and went out to nail as many Chinese chicks as possible, mainly because it was all they were obsessed with but were too timid and shy to approach and get. Something about taking their "crown jewel" and making sure they saw me and knew what happened, I wanted to see what their excuse was that a "yellow n**ger" was able to accomplish what they couldn't. I guess in a way it was lesson in that It made me realize that in life its not about people's race, ethnicity, genetic makeup, skin, etc. there are people in life who get things, and people who will always be 2nd place and lower, as humans we do what we do to rise up, and flourish... and I just had to go out and forge that path for myself. It also taught me it wasn't hard to nail pussy as I thought it was. I will admit though it wasn't a good place for me, it was a pretty toxic time having been fueled too much by the opinions of lesser lame people with incel-like tendencies, looking back I shouldn't have let it impact my time that much.

They were I guess... a bit pissed at me after that, wouldn't even talk to me anymore, badmouthed the chicks I was dating, gave me dirty looks whenever we saw each other on campus or around the fast food places in the area. That was the biggest betrayal I guess to me, I was 19 at the time. Made me really see race / ethnic groups as bullshit and someone's always there to try to take advantage. Told my dad later on, and he told me that's what you get for trusting commies (lol), then told me more war stories of the war which I've been told almost every day from when I was a kid. I figured people who experienced discrimination would try to not let it happen to others and make something of it, but I guess some people take the low road and try to push others down to prop themselves up. oh well.

The other I guess was more recently (3-4 years ago) when I realized my MMA gym wasn't my second family I thought it was, and gym loyalty is overrated talk for someone who just wants to maintain memberships and coast through life. Turns out a couple of my close teammates who I thought were my bros 4 life from this (we competed together and MMA/combat sports was all we "lived for") were more about loyalty to the gym than I thought, and kinda stopped talking to me when I left. I do still have a few close friends from that gym and we still talk daily.

"Don't trust commies" is actually fantastic advice, your pops knows his shit. Communists themselves don't even trust other Communists.

I grew up in Miami, you learn how flakey people can be very quickly down here. I was about 11 or 12

I grew up in Miami, you learn how flakey people can be very quickly down here. I was about 11 or 12

As a New Yorker I get this. We always like to talk about how open and honest we are but it's mostly bullshit, town is full of snakes and I'm not even talking about the transplants. I found Vegas and LA to be similar, it's weird meeting people who are so obviously fake yet still pretending they aren't. It's like actually psychopathy, isn't it?

Like 30 or something I never hang with my "friends" anymore they are all taking too much drugs these days it really changes people like I used to be really close friends with couple of the guys but now I feel I dont know them anymore kinda sucks

As a New Yorker I get this. We always like to talk about how open and honest we are but it's mostly bullshit, town is full of snakes and I'm not even talking about the transplants. I found Vegas and LA to be similar, it's weird meeting people who are so obviously fake yet still pretending they aren't. It's like actually psychopathy, isn't it?

some type of social personality disorder. Down here people are like leeches

some type of social personality disorder. Down here people are like leeches

I've had guys openly trying to hit on my wife in front of me in Miami. I'm 6'6 and 250 and these dudes were half my size but brazen as hell. After she calmed me down from cracking skulls I almost had to admire their balls.

I learned about friends early on, I gave up on relying on anyone but myself by the age of 18. As time passes, the betrayal's just keep mounting. When I was 15, I got into some hot water with my temper, and ended up having to do some time in a juvenile facility. Anyway, I had THE hottest girl in my high school, when I first went up the road, she was sending me pictures and letters almost daily, and then they just dried up, and I was left to do my time wondering what happened. When I got out, I found out that 2 good friends, one being my very best friend, from 2 different sides of the tracks, both sabotoged my game and attempted to hook up with her while I was locked up. They both told her egregious lies about their friend, just to try and get a taste. One told her that I told him I was going to intentionally impregnate her when I was released, how freaking dirty! Then, at this same time I was locked up, my same "best friend" and some loser friends of his raided a huge guerilla crop I had going deep in the woods, and I was looking forward to that harvest when I was released. The thought of harvesting that crop got me through alot of days, and the 1 person I trusted to take care of it while I was away stole it from me so he and his crew could all get headaches from smoking leaves.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, yes, I did exact revenge, and I don't feel good about it. The friend who attempted to steal my girl, and was successful at stealing my crop got the worst of it. I had associates that were bad people, and he was a rich kid. i had these associates basically beat and harass him for most of his HS years. I think it may have had some long term consequences on him, he turned very emo and depressed, and totally ignored my attempts to reach out and apologize at an older age years later, another friend of mine told me the campaign I waged on him from about 95-99 had a devastating effect.

Last edited:
At 15, a good friend ripped me off for 80$ to go get weed and then tried telling me a heavy took the money from him and he didn't have it. After talking to said heavy, he told me the guy ripped me off and bought weed off him. Went back to said friend, raided his room in front of him for shit i could drop to other people for $. Never saw this dude again in the neighborhood and i'm not sure why either.
That same year, another friend told my gf i was cheating on her when i wasnt. He was legit the only person i just walked to, said whatsup and clocked out like i had just finished overtime. We had been friends since knee high to a grashopper too. Principal didn't even suspend me for it it was lovely.

I am still looking for some friends in real life. Until then I have my sherbro's and a Pilipino cam girl.

At 15, a good friend ripped me off for 80$ to go get weed and then tried telling me a heavy took the money from him and he didn't have it. After talking to said heavy, he told me the guy ripped me off and bought weed off him. Went back to said friend, raided his room in front of him for shit i could drop to other people for $. Never saw this dude again in the neighborhood and i'm not sure why either.
That same year, another friend told my gf i was cheating on her when i wasnt. He was legit the only person i just walked to, said whatsup and clocked out like i had just finished overtime. We had been friends since knee high to a grashopper too. Principal didn't even suspend me for it it was lovely.
This is some Brooklyn Jewish gangster shit right here

I moved across the country but still play video games and fantasy sports with my high school buddies. When I go back for vacation I’ll usually try to see them. But it’s prob like 10 or less people.

There is this big giant line between friends you make when you are still in school vs friends you make after.

Back