• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When’s the last time Rogan has called a UFC champion “amateurish” like he did with Khabib?

Funny from a guy who doesn't even understand the difference between training and not. Conor did train for A fight, Chad did not.
That was my point in saying conor fought mendes on short notice. i included the short notice part for that very reason. re read the original post. i might make more sense now that i have made a couple attempts to make it more clear

Khabib was fighting for the title vs someone nobody wanted to see. Everyone is thinking about Ferguson or Mcgregor, including Rogan. He was speaking to that when he was calling the fight for obvious reasons. Nobody is thinking gee I wonder how TJ will stack up vs so and so when he is in there with Cody. This is expected

Khabib has never faced a top contender either. Those questions are out there. Even conor faced short notice mendes. Khabib went through Johnosn (1-5 in his last 6 and just lost to Elkins at 145), Barboza (tailor made striker and not a title contender), and now raging Al to get the title. Regardless of where you think Khabib will end up after testing himself vs the best, its hasn't been done yet. It's not 2014 (RDA then wasnt a top contender and he;s on a 2 fight losing streak at LW now) and Barboza isn't at the top level and tailor made style wise. Khabib has new tests ahead of him and everyone with a functioning brain is thinking about it

You are speaking with revisionist glasses on it seems. Referring to the last part.

MJ was 5-2 with one loss by controversial split decision. Easily could have been 6-1 going into his fight with Khabib. He was top 5 for a reason.

Barboza was 4-1 with his only loss being to Ferguson, who is Khabibs toughest match up in my opinion. Also just outside the top 5 for a reason.

Raging Al is elite but not much I can do to defend that one. Short notice is about all I can say. Isn't a top 5 guy at the moment and doesn't fight often enough to prove he is.

Nobody is impressed that Edgar or Grant tkod Maynard anymore but at the time that they did it it really meant something. Same goes for Khabib beating the opposition he has.

My point is looking back nothing will be as impressive especially when getting dominated or embaressed so badly that you never come back from it occurs but at the time it meant something. Alot of people picked MJ and Barboza to beat Khabib.

Edit. This is in response to you saying #6 ranked RDA wasn't a top contender after beating top 5 ranked prime Cowboy Cerrone. This is one of several fights claiming the winner has a strong case for a title shot.

"A fight between two top fighters that could arguably set either up for a title shot is on the undercard, and it’s even stranger that Donald Cerrone will get on to the main card. ‘Cowboy’ lost a lopsided decision to dos Anjos, and it would seem his name alone is what puts his bout with Edson Barboza on the main card."
http://www.lowkickmma.com/rafael_do...kes_place_on_prelims_of_ufc_on_fox_11_301836/

MMA rankings of 2014.

Lightweight
  1. Anthony Pettis
  2. Benson Henderson(just lost to Pettis)
  3. Gilbert Melendez(just lost to Pettis)
  4. Eddie Alvarez(bellator)
  5. Michael Chandler(bellator)
  6. Josh Thomson
  7. T.J. Grant(injured)
  8. Nate Diaz(holding out for a money fight)
  9. Rafael dos Anjos
  10. Khabib Nurmagomedov
This was the rankings when they fought. MMA rankings not UFC rankings.

Last edited:
You are speaking with revisionist glasses on it seems. Referring to the last part.

MJ was 5-2 with one loss by controversial split decision. Easily could have been 6-1 going into his fight with Khabib. He was top 5 for a reason.

Barboza was 4-1 with his only loss being to Ferguson, who is Khabibs toughest match up in my opinion. Also just outside the top 5 for a reason.

Raging Al is elite but not much I can do to defend that one. Short notice is about all I can say. Isn't a top 5 guy at the moment and doesn't fight often enough to prove he is.

Nobody is impressed that Edgar or Grant tkod Maynard anymore but at the time that they did it it really meant something. Same goes for Khabib beating the opposition he has.

My point is looking back nothing will be as impressive especially when getting dominated or embaressed so badly that you never come back from it occurs but at the time it meant something. Alot of people picked MJ and Barboza to beat Khabib.

Edit. This is in response to you saying #6 ranked RDA wasn't a top contender after beating top 5 ranked prime Cowboy Cerrone. This is one of several fights claiming the winner has a strong case for a title shot.

"A fight between two top fighters that could arguably set either up for a title shot is on the undercard, and it’s even stranger that Donald Cerrone will get on to the main card. ‘Cowboy’ lost a lopsided decision to dos Anjos, and it would seem his name alone is what puts his bout with Edson Barboza on the main card."
http://www.lowkickmma.com/rafael_do...kes_place_on_prelims_of_ufc_on_fox_11_301836/

MMA rankings of 2014.

Lightweight
  1. Anthony Pettis
  2. Benson Henderson(just lost to Pettis)
  3. Gilbert Melendez(just lost to Pettis)
  4. Eddie Alvarez(bellator)
  5. Michael Chandler(bellator)
  6. Josh Thomson
  7. T.J. Grant(injured)
  8. Nate Diaz(holding out for a money fight)
  9. Rafael dos Anjos
  10. Khabib Nurmagomedov
This was the rankings when they fought. MMA rankings not UFC rankings.
The RDA thing is a head scratcher. Yes he was ranked 9 in 2014. A lot changes in 4 years. He is now on a 2 fight losing streak at LW and left the division. Why would you cherry pick some magical point in time in between to decide beating RDA in 2014 was a spectacular win? sherdoggers aren't fight promoters. Look at that list. The division has had a complete turnover. Many of those guys were about to hit the down side of their career. You can see that in many divisions. Anderson was the GOAT with the belt in 2013. Weidman beat him twice, defended the belt two more times, and has since lost to 3 different MW's, none of which are the current champ. Everyone is going batshit crazy over a win in 2014 with Khabib vs a guy who was ranked 9 at the time and today is on a 2 fight losing streak in the division. Yes RDA went on a run but a lot happens in 4 years

Again we are talking about Khabib as a title contender today As Khabib entered the cage on Saturday one of his two most recent wins was vs MJ. and he was 1-5 in his last 6. That is looking at where Johnson stands today. You accuse me having revisionist glasses but I am talking about his most recent fights and you are then arguing about his past. It's a bizarre sense of bias/delusion.

There is a reason promoters set up the fights they do. Barboza is a good and exciting fighter. He's also a good stepping stone to build contenders and hype. Thats what promoters do. It is zero surprise they are feeding him to Kevin Lee who is young, talented, and can hype a fight. Lee is going to wreck him imo. We just saw this with Donald "I don't know the name of the guy I'm headlining against" Cerrrone. Yeah cowboy, that should concern you. In similar fashion Barboza is a guy you can use to build hype off of. Yes Barboza is good but he's not at the title contender level. He can probably be competitive with guys like Alvarez, Poirier, Gaethje, but he will have his hands full. Guys like Conor, Lee, Ferguson, and Khabib are on a different level. Also anyone who looks at the rankings and doesn't acknowledge that Barboza is the highest ranked and best style match up for Khabib is out of their mind. It's not an accident Khabib faced Johnson and Barboza That doesn't mean Khabib isn't legit or take away from his domination, but he is stepping up to a level he's never fought at before vs Conor, Ferguson, Lee, or Max

While Stipe was owning Ngannou on the canvas Joe said something to the effect that Francis was clueless in how to defend or work torwards getting back to his feet... he wasn’t wrong either, the big guys ground game was atrocious

The RDA thing is a head scratcher. Yes he was ranked 9 in 2014. A lot changes in 4 years. He is now on a 2 fight losing streak at LW and left the division. Why would you cherry pick some magical point in time in between to decide beating RDA in 2014 was a spectacular win? sherdoggers aren't fight promoters. Look at that list. The division has had a complete turnover. Many of those guys were about to hit the down side of their career. You can see that in many divisions. Anderson was the GOAT with the belt in 2013. Weidman beat him twice, defended the belt two more times, and has since lost to 3 different MW's, none of which are the current champ. Everyone is going batshit crazy over a win in 2014 with Khabib vs a guy who was ranked 9 at the time and today is on a 2 fight losing streak in the division. Yes RDA went on a run but a lot happens in 4 years

Again we are talking about Khabib as a title contender today As Khabib entered the cage on Saturday one of his two most recent wins was vs MJ. and he was 1-5 in his last 6. That is looking at where Johnson stands today. You accuse me having revisionist glasses but I am talking about his most recent fights and you are then arguing about his past. It's a bizarre sense of bias/delusion.

There is a reason promoters set up the fights they do. Barboza is a good and exciting fighter. He's also a good stepping stone to build contenders and hype. Thats what promoters do. It is zero surprise they are feeding him to Kevin Lee who is young, talented, and can hype a fight. Lee is going to wreck him imo. We just saw this with Donald "I don't know the name of the guy I'm headlining against" Cerrrone. Yeah cowboy, that should concern you. In similar fashion Barboza is a guy you can use to build hype off of. Yes Barboza is good but he's not at the title contender level. He can probably be competitive with guys like Alvarez, Poirier, Gaethje, but he will have his hands full. Guys like Conor, Lee, Ferguson, and Khabib are on a different level. Also anyone who looks at the rankings and doesn't acknowledge that Barboza is the highest ranked and best style match up for Khabib is out of their mind. It's not an accident Khabib faced Johnson and Barboza That doesn't mean Khabib isn't legit or take away from his domination, but he is stepping up to a level he's never fought at before vs Conor, Ferguson, Lee, or Max

Good job on completely missing my point even though I spelled out what and where my point was.

Also good job at not adressing all the parts where you were incorrect in that novel of yours.

You aren't here to exchange information or view points. You are here to convince everyone else of your opinion.

Rogan had previously praised Khabib as a superhuman destroyer who steamrolls all opponents.(listen to the commentary in the Barboza fight. You'd think Barboza was being attacked by a grizzly). He just swung hard in the other direction when Khabib looked human.
That’s how I know Rogan is gonna leave his wife in couple years tops.

All of them are better than him, yes. Although I think Alvarez is also over rated

That's the point though, RDA clearly isn't a top LW today. He wasn't a top contender in 2014. Khabibs delusional nut huggers (not to be mixed up with fans) somehow ignore RDA's ranking at the time they fought, or where RDA stands in the division today, and then use a time in the middle leading up to USADA where RDA went on a winning streak to calibrate Khabibs win. Its bizzare. Out of the 3 time periods you could choose, time of fight, the present, or in between, they all magically look to the middle. Its just delusion. Cherry picking to build the story you want to hear
Khabib did fight a reborn RDA tho, the RDA that just smashed Cerrone. The only fighters that beat Cerrone were champions (and Nate Diaz) and RDA did it when Cerrone was real hot. The main reason the title fight with Pettis was such a shock was because Khabib made everyone think RDA was not elite, owing to the way that he manhandled him.

Dude is fried, what he says should be laughed at and ignored.

<{hfved}>

Good job on completely missing my point even though I spelled out what and where my point was.

Also good job at not adressing all the parts where you were incorrect in that novel of yours.

You aren't here to exchange information or view points. You are here to convince everyone else of your opinion.
your point seemed to be stated in the first sentence, that i was using revisionist glasses. You then notified me that looking at Johnsons most recent record of 1-5 is looking passed some of his older fights.... um ok lol

the reason you have been so vague is because no reasonable person can look at how precisely i picked apart the flaws in your post and try to counter it with a straight face. thats why you came up with a content free nuh uh. I addressed your post and you can't handle it. Take it like a big boy

your point seemed to be stated in the first sentence, that i was using revisionist glasses. You then notified me that looking at Johnsons most recent record of 1-5 is looking passed some of his older fights.... um ok lol

the reason you have been so vague is because no reasonable person can look at how precisely i picked apart the flaws in your post and try to counter it with a straight face. thats why you came up with a content free nuh uh. I addressed your post and you can't handle it. Take it like a big boy

You are either trolling or just a simple person. Both are a great reason to stop responding to you.

Btw GSP holds both the lineal WW and MW belts without beating a single ranked opponent. See what I did there? Take it easy, your troll account is safe for now.

Khabib did fight a reborn RDA tho, the RDA that just smashed Cerrone. The only fighters that beat Cerrone were champions (and Nate Diaz) and RDA did it when Cerrone was real hot. The main reason the title fight with Pettis was such a shock was because Khabib made everyone think RDA was not elite, owing to the way that he manhandled him.
We are talking about Khabib as a contender today. Khabib has never faced a top contender. Thats just true. RDA is on a 2 fight losing streak at LW. He's not a top contender TODAY

Was RDA a top contender in 2014? no, he was ranked 9. He just finished being gifted a decision vs Evan Dunham. Yes cowboy is a good win and yes RDA's title run was epic. He was smashing. That said, Cowboy is a very good fighter that creeps in the title picture every so often. He wasn't a top contender then or now.

People have such a difficult time understanding how a sport like MMA moves along. Guys like GSP, Aldo, MM, etc sitting on top for years is extremely rare. Guys usually go on a single run and either capture the belt breifly or miss and their career plateaus before fading. Yes there are exceptions but just look at LW and the rankings that were posted. Gil, made a run, missed, faded. Cowboy, same. Alvarez made a run, lost, and now he's battling to remain a contender with underwhelming results. Thomson, similar to Gil. Pettis, same thing. Went on a run, lost, and is fading. Benson did the same thing. Goes on a run, fades. With rare exception you see guys climb up and down a steep slope in 4-6 years. This is sports

Talking about a win vs a fighter in 2014 as an example of how they have faced top competition in relation to today is just silly. I just described the same thing in MW a couple posts ago. Should we do another division? In 2 years time we will be talking about how its over for Ferguson and others. That's how sports work. If you want to talk about Ferguson vs Lee or RDA, ok. If you want to talk about Ferguson in 2014, LOL. In 2 Years you want to talk about a 34 year old Ferguson as if he's still 32, you're likely way off

Last edited:
You are either trolling or just a simple person. Both are a great reason to stop responding to you.

Btw GSP holds both the lineal WW and MW belts without beating a single ranked opponent. See what I did there? Take it easy, your troll account is safe for now.
this is two posts in a row where you haven't even attempted to make a point and just proclaimed something. Ok trump, youre great because youre the greatest. keep being great. you know how we all know youre great? not becaue you said or did anything great but because you made the claim

Good for GSP. He's not fighting actual contenders for a reason. You seem to understand that. If i were to argue about his 2014 performances as a justification for how he would do vs Woodley or Romero today, it seems like you would take issue. What do you think the delusional group of Khabib fans are doing?

Why are fans of Russian fighters so fucking insecure?

this is two posts in a row where you haven't even attempted to make a point and just proclaimed something. Ok trump, youre great because youre the greatest. keep being great. you know how we all know youre great? not becaue you said or did anything great but because you made the claim

Good for GSP. He's not fighting actual contenders for a reason. You seem to understand that. If i were to argue about his 2014 performances as a justification for how he would do vs Woodley or Romero today, it seems like you would take issue. What do you think the delusional group of Khabib fans are doing?

You can stop now. You gave yourself away with your first reply.

You can stop now. You gave yourself away with your first reply.
3 zero content posts in a row. I told you to take it like a big boy. If your accusation of revisionist glasses and then talking about older michael johnson fights wasn't a crystal clear example of owning yourself, i don't know what is

3 zero content posts in a row. I told you to take it like a big boy. If your accusation of revisionist glasses and then talking about older michael johnson fights wasn't a crystal clear example of owning yourself, i don't know what is

You have some solid skill, but you've been made.

Back