When you get the cold or flu are your symptoms harsh or just mild?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My brother rarely gets sick but when he does he can deal with it, he just gets a runny nose and a slight sore throat but doesn't get the body aches,I on the other hand I get a super bad sore throat and aching muscles where I can barely move also with a fever and im knocked out in bed.

I got the flu two days ago because some idiot Cambodian guy was coughing in the buffet, there are some idiots who like to go to crowded places sick thinking that in order to get rid of the illness they must transfer it to someone else.

These idiots tick me off.

Luckily I dont have to work tonight or tomorrow so I have a chance to recover but I was stuck in bed the whole day, anyone know any good remedies for the flu? I'm using this Cepacol stuff it helps with the rawness from the sore throat.

right now im just gargling with warm salt water and drinking warm lemon and honey water, I don't have much appetite at all.

Is Sambucol good?
98057-blister_600x.jpg

I only get sick once every few years but when i do, hold on to your fucking hat.

Colds are typically pretty mild for me but I caught the flu a few years ago and it had me laying in puddles of sweat for 3-4 days and I lost 15lbs during that time. But even while I was back on my feet I still kept losing weight and I ended up being like 30lbs lighter than before the flu after a month or so.

I only get sick once every few years but when i do, hold on to your fucking hat.
yeah same here, when I get sick is always the WORST one. For me the worst is the aching body and the raw painful sore throat when you swallow it feels horrible, but this Cepacol helps.

Colds are typically pretty mild for me but I caught the flu a few years ago and it had me laying in puddles of sweat for 3-4 days and I lost 15lbs during that time. But even while I was back on my feet I still kept losing weight and I ended up being like 30lbs lighter than before the flu after a month or so.
When I get flu I lose weight because I dont want to eat, you will lose appetite, right now I just force myself to eat some crackers, and ill eat some jello, and apple sauce.

I just take in a lot of warm fluids a dash of salt some lime and honey and try and piss out all the virus.

When I get flu I lose weight because I dont want to eat, you will lose appetite, right now I just force myself to eat some crackers, and ill eat some jello, and apple sauce.

I just take in a lot of warm fluids a dash of salt some lime and honey and try and piss out all the virus.

I pretty much just drink orange juice but I haven't been sick for extended periods where I'd grow weary of electrolyte balances.

I pretty much just drink orange juice but I haven't been sick for extended periods where I'd grow weary of electrolyte balances.

yeah I need to get my electrolytes in or else ill start feeling light headed Ill sweat and piss a lot when I start getting better getting rid of that virus.

I usually start sweating a lot when im getting better its like the virus is leaving the body, the first few days I dont sweat but when I start getting better ill be sweating badly at night and after that ill be better

but then ill get a horrible cough, someone told me to take NAC it will remove the phlegm from your chest.

yeah same here, when I get sick is always the WORST one. For me the worst is the aching body and the raw painful sore throat when you swallow it feels horrible, but this Cepacol helps.
Yeah the body aches plus the bad fever sucks ass. This past winter was the first time I’ve been really sick since having kids.

Yeah the body aches plus the bad fever sucks ass. This past winter was the first time
you probably have a strong immune system, thats why you only caught the harshest virus.

Most people will just catch the mild ones but people with stronger immune systems fight off those weaker ones easy but when they do get sick they get the worst ones.

The best cocktail I’ve used as a preventative has been vitamin D + zinc + probiotics.

The best cocktail I’ve used as a preventative has been vitamin D + zinc + probiotics.
yeah they say Zinc and probiotics taken regularly like every other day or at least 3 times a week helps prevent colds and flu.

Used to never get sick. When I did the symptoms were so negligible that it didn’t bother me. When my daughter was born I got strep throat twice, RSV, winter vomiting bug, a bacterial infection called klebsiella I believe, the flu, and to top it all off mono which almost killed me. This happened within the span of 6 months. Fucking daycare man.

There is no cold or flu I can catch that can put my body in a worse state than what I chose to put it through.

Back