When You Hear this Phrase, What's the First Thing You Think of?

Her life is a mess. The only women I've ever heard say that were the ones who's lives were a total disaster. Women with good careers complain about different things.

"I'm a strong, career-minded, independent woman"
women who say this are usually insecure or using that saying to justify why they dont have a man as a way to cope.

mean she doesnt know, she just has to repeat some sort of mantra to obtain some pride in her life

Her life is a mess. The only women I've ever heard say that were the ones who's lives were a total disaster. Women with good careers complain about different things.
yeah if you are a strong independent person you dont need to constantly tell people that, its a way of coping.

A former lesbian who divorced twice working at an AT&T third party call center applying for a manger position.

There can't be any independence for as long as you're living in society.we all depend on each other in various ways.

Come to think of it, i haven't met a single guy who claimed to be independent. Does this make them 'weak' lol?

This whole she's strong independent woman is adolescent behavior.

People don't realize how much the job sector has changed in the past 200 years. If you look today there are a lot of desk jobs and customer service. Go back in time to the late 19th century and you'll see that there are no sewage systems, no skyscrapers, no subways, very little infrastructure. Someone had to build that shit and i doubt any woman would volunteer to go down in a coal mine and get blasted or crushed underneath. Or shovelling coal till exhaustion. Or carrying your bodyweight in the middle of july from dusk till dawn (remember job ethics are sort of new) on a construction site. Most jobs then were not only physically demanding but the employers too were. Nowadays everything is automated. You have heavy machinery. The same task 200 years ago requires you put way less human power to accomplish it. Most cities are already built and it's mostly maintaining nowadays. And also employers have to respect ethics which were unheard of before. Let's be honest. Do you see a chick shovel and pickaxe from 6 AM to 6 PM? Because that's how a lot of jobs were centuries ago. It's all about context

You can't claim women were not allowed to work. The very nature of the jobs then made it impossible for them to work. It's not men
Yeah I think this goes hand in hand with the finding that in nordic countries renowned for their gender parity, women end up being even more represented in "traditionally feminine" fields like nursing and social work than in countries where the patriarchy is supposedly limiting their options.

when-an-unstoppable-force-meets-an-immovable-object-the-manager-48062287.png
<TheWire1>

I feel like the probability of that being true decreases with everytime you have to say it..

"No man will date me b/c I'm a complete bitch so I work 80 hours a week in a career that involves women's pant suits. I drink a lot of cheap chardonnay on nights and weekends as I cry myself to sleep watching reruns of Sex In The City"

Back