When you see a guy go limp

refs go off if a fighter is intelligently defending himself. its not intelligent to go limp and block the choke with your neck.

they should run it back, but its not bens fault both robbie and herb fucked up

I agree and though he was out but it still solidifies the fact that I think Herb Dean is one of the WORST refs in the sport. I dont understand how people keep defending him.

It looked like that to TV audience, but Herb was right there, he should have been absolutely sure he was out before stopping it.
You want refs taking their time stopping fights when someone has already appeared to go limp? How many people would get seriously injured, if not killed, under that standard? Herb's judgment can lead to early stoppages, but if he were to wait to be absolutely sure a choked fighter is out, that would lead to very high rates of serious brain injury.

If he was limp how was he holding himself up? If he went out his whole body would have went limp, not just 1 arm. Oh, and don't tell me Ben was holding up him, because that's bullshit.
Ben was holding him up

Let me guess you think Macida is holding himself up here too:
5OcLk8Z.gif

You want refs taking their time stopping fights when someone has already appeared to go limp? How many people would get seriously injured, if not killed, under that standard? Herb's judgment can lead to early stoppages, but if he were to wait to be absolutely sure a choked fighter is out, that would lead to very high rates of serious brain injury.

If this philosophy was in practice, we would have all kinds of subs stopped before a tap. It's a dangerous sport and a loss is a big deal. Herb or any ref needs to be 100% sure.

Fighter safety first. He could of given a thumbs up as previous fighters have done.

The lack of protest made me think he was heading in the choked out direction anyway.

Fighter safety first. He could of given a thumbs up as previous fighters have done.

The lack of protest made me think he was heading in the choked out direction anyway.
Completely different kind of choke. How in the hell is he going to give a thumbs up when he is supporting himself? He's not laying on his back. Terrible comparison; Herb jumped the gun

When getting chocked, you stop, simple as that.

Who went limp..i didnt see anyone go limp..who puts there palm down when there limp and posts carrying his body weight up..

Who responds to being touched when there out..

Robbie was fine..herb panicked and made the wrong call it happens..but askren did not have a choke in

If he was out he would of fell over from askrens weight and his arm being without tension

So if it keeps going ben has to let go because his arm gets tired...robbie gets to continue

When someone is out they dont pop up an instant later and ask why it was stopped

If this philosophy was in practice, we would have all kinds of subs stopped before a tap. It's a dangerous sport and a loss is a big deal. Herb or any ref needs to be 100% sure.
Loss of a fight is preferable to loss of a life. Stop being a "just bleed" fan

Herb lifted the arm. It didn’t drop. You can’t hold your arm up if you’re unconscious. Herb should have let the evidence speak for itself. It was right there. He initiated it. He failed. He did.

So if it keeps going ben has to let go because his arm gets tired...robbie gets to continue

When someone is out they dont pop up an instant later and ask why it was stopped
I have seen a ton of people KTFO who woke up after they fell to the canvas like a corpse and swear up and down they were never out. If you watch enough fights, you will see that happen plenty of times. The idea that nobody can be out briefly and then wake up quickly once the ref stops the other guy from attacking doesn't map to reality. It happens all the time.

Loss of a fight is preferable to loss of a life. Stop being a "just bleed" fan

Losing your life via choke doesn't happen as abruptly as the movies would have you believe.

A couple of extra seconds would have cost him his consciousness, though.

Back