When you see a guy go limp

After this camera angle was released, this fight should immediately be moved to a no contest. Plus, this is just a headlock! How the fuck does he stop a fight for this?
You think that Herb lifting Robbie's arm and seeing it fall right back down is evidence Robbie was awake? In the moment, Herb saw Robbie's arm go limp and him and Ben drop a few inches. That looks like Robbie passing out. Then he lifts Robbie's arm and Robbie doesn't even hold it up for half a second. Maybe he needed to support his own weight, but as a seasoned fighter he should know that looks like he was out and kept the arm up long enough to signal he was okay. Even if it led to a worse position, the onus was on him to show he was not out.

I have seen a ton of people KTFO who woke up after they fell to the canvas like a corpse and swear up and down they were never out. If you watch enough fights, you will see that happen plenty of times. The idea that nobody can be out briefly and then wake up quickly once the ref stops the other guy from attacking doesn't map to reality. It happens all the time.

Honest question - have you seen this from chokes? Doesnt it take a sec for the air and/or blood to circulate?

Losing your life via choke doesn't happen as abruptly as the movies would have you believe.

A couple of extra seconds would have cost him his consciousness, though.
I am not basing this off of movies. In hypoxia, time is brain. Every second wasted trying to figure out if a guy who looks like he is out is actually out is more neuronal death, and that doesn't come back.

He either was out or was in too much pain to respond .. either way he wasn’t getting out of that choke

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Honest question - have you seen this from chokes? Doesnt it take a sec for the air and/or blood to circulate?
The blood instantly resumes circulation once the blockage is ended. The heart never stopped pumping and the blood is more or less a closed circuit. Once a blockage is gone, the flow immediately resumes. The amount of time to regain consciousness can vary and I am not sure what the fastest recovery I have ever seen was.

The blood instantly resumes circulation once the blockage is ended. The heart never stopped pumping and the blood is more or less a closed circuit. Once a blockage is gone, the flow immediately resumes. The amount of time to regain consciousness can vary and I am not sure what the fastest recovery I have ever seen was.

It was a headlock

It looked like that to TV audience, but Herb was right there, he should have been absolutely sure he was out before stopping it.

He was talking constantly to Robbie. All that wss needed was a thumbs up assuming he wasn't actually out

It was a headlock
Maybe. The camera angle can't give us a definitive answer there. He could have been awake, but he looked out and the ref's primary job is to protect fighter health and safety. The call might have been incorrect, but it was not wrong.

Unfortunate situation. I'm still not sure what actually happened. My guess is Robbie went out momentarily, but perhaps when his hand dropped it allowed some blood flow to the brain and he regained consciousness.

Maybe. The camera angle can't give us a definitive answer there. He could have been awake, but he looked out and the ref's primary job is to protect fighter health and safety. The call might have been incorrect, but it was not wrong.

Its tough for the ref, no doubt

We need a rematch

Hope askren heals fast

Back