Where do you rank Fabricio Werdum among the greatest fighters of all-time?

Where do you rank Fabricio Werdum among the greatest fighters?

• Total voters
Hey now! We settled it :(

'Bitch' isn't a gendered insult.

Werdum proudly proclaimed he'd give Fedor a rematch moments after their fight. Then immediately claimed he had to take 8+ months off for surgery on an arm.

Yet, he fought Fedor the first time with a bad arm (supposedly), and couldn't fight him a second time with a bad arm. Actually upon Werdum's return he took a rematch against a fighter who he previously beat... Overeem.

Top 10-15 HW all times. That Cain loss was weird, Cain the Cardio Maschine gassed. Too weird. You can also put him fringe top 5 HW. More like between 7-15.

He made fedor tap, he made cain tap, and in his prime i honestly believe he is one of the very few/ only people that would make jon jones tap. He is a top 3 all time HW for me and just a really bad match for a lot of extremely extremely good fighters due to his jiu jitsu threat. Thats not to say his style isn't infallible, for example I think prime werdum would get murked by prime ngannou due to his inability to get the takedown.

Big juicy Werdum. I give him a top100 spot.

I’m a Werdum fan :)
I’m just sayin, people generally agree he’s top 5 HW, and there are 8 divisions. Hard for me to see how he could be top 20.
I think he has one of the greatest resumes of any fighter in any division. Right up there at the top with Hendo and Nog. I have all three of them in my top 10 P4P because they have beaten and fought everybody.

Trying to rank him amongst all the fighters ever is a complete waste of time. Just pulling a number out the ass. Top 10 HW for absolute certainty.

Top 40.

Disrespected Colby and Tony.

Picked on smaller men.

Stipe ended him.

And PED.

I was absolutely stunned by this fight. Werdum was a great fighter, but he showed incredibly low fight IQ against Stipe- all-out drunk man charging while swinging carelessly and allowing Stipe to easily pick a spot and knock him out.

Werdum actually got better in his mid-thirties because he improved his striking. Top 5-10 HWs for sure.

Ikr.. I am bewildered by his choice in this fight... he displayed many intelligent choices such as; tricking Hunt into a take down but kneed him in the face, training 6 weeks in Mexico for the Cain bout, tricking Fedor into falling into hid guard and submitting him etc

There is absolutely no question in my mind that these guys in prime are better than everyone else. I don't see anyone really that matches up well with them today.

I see Aspinall being too much for Nog on the feet but there are still questions about him so it's a tossup

Stipe was a terrible matchup for Nog.

Ngannou of course has a solid chance against anybody

Strikeforce DC would have given Nog fits

Top 10-15 HW all times. That Cain loss was weird, Cain the Cardio Maschine gassed. Too weird. You can also put him fringe top 5 HW. More like between 7-15.

The issue I would say is that besides the altitude Cain could not take breaks in that fight, against JDS he could have burst of activity then switch to cage clinching to get his breath back, whenever he did this vs Werdum he ended up in the thai clinch and he didnt want to take Werdum down so the only thing to do was break off and start throwing again.

Cain's striking was always pretty wild for me and I don't think its supprised that forced to go full pace against Werdum combined with the altitude and getting jabbed in the face he gassed after a few mins.

His wins over Fedor, Hunt and Cain are very impressive. After that it has been up and mostly down. The way he got caught vs Stipe was horrible for his legacy, that shouldn't happen at that level of competition.

The issue I would say is that besides the altitude Cain could not take breaks in that fight, against JDS he could have burst of activity then switch to cage clinching to get his breath back, whenever he did this vs Werdum he ended up in the thai clinch and he didnt want to take Werdum down so the only thing to do was break off and start throwing again.

Cain's striking was always pretty wild for me and I don't think its supprised that forced to go full pace against Werdum combined with the altitude and getting jabbed in the face he gassed after a few mins.

It's the altitude. He had the greatest hw Cardio ever before that. In Mexico he gassed out after 2. Look that last card in Mexico, it's hard fighting there. Werdum Was smart he came 1 month before to Mexico and said before that fight that Cain won't be able to adapt.

overall it's too hard, at HW, he's top 5, first man to beat Fedor, imo in terms of MMA BJJ, Werdum was the best I have ever seen, subbing Fedor and Nog was impressive, but not only that, he NEVER got subbed and his guard was almost impossible to pass, there was a reason why fighters were afraid to go to the ground with him

Back