Where do you rank Fabricio Werdum among the greatest fighters of all-time?

Where do you rank Fabricio Werdum among the greatest fighters?

• Total voters
Top 5/6 for heavyweight. Well he can’t be too 25 all time, If you take the 3 greatest from each weight class that’s 24. Heavyweight was always the shallowest division when it came to skills. Werdum had some amazing bjj but wrestling and striking were not his forte, especially striking. Considering lightweight and light heavyweight had so many great fighters in the past. I would say he sits somewhere in the top 30-40 range.

Is he in your top 10?

I don't know exactly I would put him but I'd say he could be in the top 20 of all-time.

485348163.jpg

Are we going to hold the ped against him in this list?

Nah i put Werdum.
Submited Big Nog
Ended Fedor's streak
Had arguably the 2nd best run in HW history in the UFC, only behind Miocic. He won 6 fights in a row at HW which at the time was a UFC record and won 2 world titles

To me he's quite clear the 3rd altough Big Nog is also a good shout for sure.

Wasn't he on ped though?

Werdum is not even a top 10 HW.

He had a lucky win against Cain, who was by then a shadow of his former self. Immediately afterward, Stipe exposed Werdum for the clown that he is.

GenerousGreatAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
#2 at HW behind Fedor. Top 15-20 all time.

Werdum is not even a top 10 HW.

He had a lucky win against Cain, who was by then a shadow of his former self. Then Stipe exposed Werdum for the clown that he is.

GenerousGreatAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

Shadow of himself… he was the reigning champion. GTFO with this bullshit.

Cain had just taken two years off for knee surgery. He was basically done at that point. Cain might be overrated too because he sucked ever since USADA started. It could be the injuries or the lack of EPO.

The point is not really about Cain so much as it is about the Stipe fight . Werdum looked like an amateur. Werdum would get KO'd 99% of the time against top heavyweights like Stipe, DC, or Ngannou.

PEDs so no thanks.

top 5 HW, with a cool style to boot: flying street fighter kicks, falling onto butt to play guard etc. one of a kind!

I tried to actually think about it but soo many great fighters

id picked what felt good

I was absolutely stunned by this fight. Werdum was a great fighter, but he showed incredibly low fight IQ against Stipe- all-out drunk man charging while swinging carelessly and allowing Stipe to easily pick a spot and knock him out.

Werdum actually got better in his mid-thirties because he improved his striking. Top 5-10 HWs for sure.

*18 months of ringrust.
*Numerous surgeries during that timeframe.
*Basically had to accept the fight or be stripped.

Too much was made of the altitude, which was a factor but not anywhere close to the fact he was still recovering from surgeries that didn't fix what they were supposed to fix.

heavyweight division got clowned on too hard for the last decade to put him any higher than top 20

Back