Where would Kevin Randleman stack up on modern HW div?

Big fan of Randleman but he wouldn't farewell. Weak chin, slow and lethargic most of the time.

Randle being top5 or top 10 in the HW division, you pride fans are delusional as shit. Trying to pump him up just so Fedor can look good huh. I know yall fuckers agenda, its obvious. The same guy that got choke out by Roger Gracie and got beat up by his crappy striking. lol

Looks like he's about to fly in that second pic lol.

He would do pretty well.

Blaydes is ranked number 2 and has pretty much the same skill set as Kevin.
I think Kevin would do well, and I like Blaydes, but I don't think they are at all alike. Blaydes is huge, very strong, a legit HW, and a good wrestler. Kevin is/was/would be much smaller, faster, more explosive, and more explosive/dynamic wrestling game, etc. I think DC is a better comparison to Kevin than Blaydes.

I think Kevin would do well, and I like Blaydes, but I don't think they are at all alike. Blaydes is huge, very strong, a legit HW, and a good wrestler. Kevin is/was/would be much smaller, faster, more explosive, and more explosive/dynamic wrestling game, etc. I think DC is a better comparison to Kevin than Blaydes.
imo Randle was quite different from DC, much more explosive, very different footwork, boxing stance, ground control..

if I understand the rules of this little exercise we are assuming that Juiced Randleman = Unjuiced Randleman and that he has the same skill set as in his prime.

based on that, maybe top 10 but not a challenger. I will admit my memory is hazy (his prime was like 15+ years ago) but his stand up was only dangerous for the first couple of minutes of the fight. then he was tired and arm punching.

maybe his wrestling is better than I remember it. the thing is that most modern MMA fighters can do basic take down defense and then get back up. I don't recall Randleman having the endurance to keep doing that for very long.

he was definitely a scary looking fighter. when he rushed out of his corner in the first round I fould him legit frightening

To those saying Randleman wouldn't be ranked at HW:

Do you really think he'd fare worse than someone like Junior Albini, Lewis or Aburakhimov? He's not becoming champ, and I see no way he beats top legit HWs like JDS, Stipe and DC outside of a quick KO, but jeeeeeeez. Also, didn't Rampage say the hardest punches he felt were Randleman's?

Can you shed any light on why he never wrestled freestyle after college? I think he could be made world/Olympic teams. His style was better suited to freestyle which is saying a lot considering he could be potentially been one of the greatest NCAA wrestlers ever.
He was easily one of the best collegiate wrestlers ever.... I think he was just done with wrestling and wanted to be able to support his family financially.... fighting was easy money for kev and he’d fight anybody anytime... outside of the ring I swear to god on my sons life he was one of the nicest most gentle human beings you could be around... a really funny dude and had a heart the size of his thigh lol!!!!

He was easily one of the best collegiate wrestlers ever.... I think he was just done with wrestling and wanted to be able to support his family financially.... fighting was easy money for kev and he’d fight anybody anytime... outside of the ring I swear to god on my sons life he was one of the nicest most gentle human beings you could be around... a really funny dude and had a heart the size of his thigh lol!!!!
indeed, from his interviews, he was one of the classiest guys in the game...

I’ve known him since I was about 10 years old... my uncles and cousins wrestled with him at Ohio State... always saw him growing up and as I got older we became really close....have some really great crazy stories that I could share( all good fun, crazy fun, but good fun lol) but I’ll keep those between Pappi and I.... fucking miss the hell outta that man

You knew Randleman?
Absolutely, I’m from Florida, but was raised in Columbus.... kev and I lived 12 minutes from each other... I saw him( before he moved to Vegas) weekly... and I wasn’t some club buddy or some nut flea fan boy of his... I slept at his house,knew his kids and wife and those sort of things... he considered my dad like a dad to him, kev was loved by my whole family

indeed, from his interviews, he was one of the classiest guys in the game...
And a family man... he fucking loved his friends and family...that man would give you the last dollar in his pocket... World lost a good dude when he passed

And a family man... he fucking loved his friends and family...that man would give you the last dollar in his pocket... World lost a good dude when he passed
I believe it..I was actually a Hammer House hater back in the days...Wrestlers were not really my thing...but I somehow hespected Randle...

I believe it..I was actually a Hammer House hater back in the days...Wrestlers were not really my thing...but I somehow hespected Randle...
How could you not like some short big ass black dude with dyed hair, fighting guys usuall a lot bigger than him and always leaving it all out there... always!!! Dude could make anyone a fan, that’s for sure...

How could you not like some short big ass black dude with dyed hair, fighting guys usuall a lot bigger than him and always leaving it all out there... always!!! Dude could make anyone a fan, that’s for sure...
"We were from the same breed...I hespected this man."

saku bless.jpg

Juiced Kevin Randleman would suplex every single one through the ground aside from DC. He had actually very real wrestling and KO power in his pinkies. Dude was just a force of nature.

We'll never know what post USADA Randleman would fight like because I'm pretty sure he had an IV drip of testosterone hooked up 24/7.
What you don't understand is the breakfast in Japan was part of the reason for PRIDE fighters superior strength and endurance; they didn't eat ballpark franks stuffed with cheese and sausage like Americans do, they ate real food that helped them realize their full potential. If you don't believe me compare PRIDE's HW roster physique to UFC's dumpy, muffin-topped crew of diaper wearing has-beens

@Bang Bang this guy has never heard of Saitama breakfast <Lmaoo>

Too many people on here posting on this thread that probably never even watched any of Randleman's fights.The dude was a beast he would easily be in the top 7 in the HW division today. The UFC HW division hasn't gotten any better since the days of Tim Sylvia being the belt holder.

Top 5? top 10? None?

Assuming he passes usada and looks the same
Randleman would be too small. I think he would be decent at LHW. His speed and explosiveness would give some of the dudes in the top 10 a run for their money.

Ya'll must have forgot
5818.jpg

Back