Which "100" series card was the best?

So are people just saying 100 based on on the nostalgia/excitement/names?

Because of you go strictly by the quality of the fights, UFC 300 by a mile. Bisping/Hendo was good, but it wasn't overly big names back then. Bisping was pretty much fresh off of TUF and fed to the wolves long before he was ready.

Lesnar/Mir wasn't great either. But I'm gonna guess a lot of people got into UFC because of Lesnar, so maybe that's why people liked it? Then the rest of the card was just dog shit.

GSP just laid on Alves for 5 rounds. Sure he's one of the best to ever do it, but he was boring as fuck after he got KOd. Nobody liked watching GSP fight if we're being real. Every time he fought, it was all but guaranteed he'd wrestlefuck someone for 5 rounds. Impressive but boring as fuck. Anyone sayin they liked that shit is lying.

Ufc 300 early prelims were better than ufc 100
Lesnar vs Mir rematch at 100 was huge. That was one of UFCs best rivalry and still holds true today. That fight delivered on all levels and Brock had a lot of people doubting his legitimacy in MMA.

GSP was must watch at that time, he had an entire country behind him. Everyone hates Bisping and we're thrilled to see him get KOd. An Hendo got KO of the year for that. This was also a time when UFCs weren't being streamed. You had to get together with 10 friends to huddle around the TV living room. UFCs first major milestone event and they weren't having fights every weekend back then.

It was insane at the time. But I agree, looking back on it now and it does seem underwhelming. That's why I specified for those who had watched it live. Everything needs context.

300 no question

That was one of the top 10 best cards of all time

300 and it's not close, kind of a ridiculous conversation tbh, but with all the weird disappointment and UFC hate, some are still letting us know blah, blah, blah. Be thankful for an exciting card.
Why is it ridiculous lol

Both cards were epic.

300 wins it for me because of how it was delivered. It was epic! And even better being a brazilian. I had my buddy Moicano winning, then we got Diego Lopes as a rising star and Poatan closing it as a King! I'm not sad about Bronx..he's still a badass and already proven himself, he'll still deliver some violence for us!

If I had 4 testicles, I’d expect people to look at me with a combination of shock, awe, and envy. ;)

But yeah, I wouldn’t disagree with anyone who put 300 over 100, it was ridiculously stacked from top to bottom, and delivered beyond my expectations. Def will be event of the year, for any promotion.

For me personally, not only was I a more passionate MMA fan in 2009 than I am now, but UFC 100 also had that star power in the main event that 300 lacked a bit. And not only was there a big name like Brock, but he and Mir hated each other. The UFC made a genius (and lucky) decision to not unify Nog’s interim belt with Couture’s title when Randy returned. They booked Nog-Mir and Lesnar-Couture, and set up an absolutely dynamite unification match for UFC 100’s main event.

Plus, no disrespect to Weili and Yan Xionan, but UFC 100 had muthafuckin GSP in the co-main. That’s serious star power.
Lesnar vs Mir rematch at 100 was huge. That was one of UFCs best rivalry and still holds true today. That fight delivered on all levels and Brock had a lot of people doubting his legitimacy in MMA.

GSP was must watch at that time, he had an entire country behind him. Everyone hates Bisping and we're thrilled to see him get KOd. An Hendo got KO of the year for that. This was also a time when UFCs weren't being streamed. You had to get together with 10 friends to huddle around the TV living room. UFCs first major milestone event and they weren't having fights every weekend back then.

It was insane at the time. But I agree, looking back on it now and it does seem underwhelming. That's why I specified for those who had watched it live. Everything needs context.
I streamed UFC 100, and streamed many fights before then too, I don’t think that part of watching UFC has really changed much in the past 15 years.

As someone who did watch it live. GSP was a big star at the time, but the fight itself was pretty lackluster.
The prelims were dissappointing as well outside of Jones they were pretty boring decisions and on the main card Jon Fitch is the epitome of snoozefest fight.

UFC 300 from Top-to-Bottom was by far better. It was a legitimate 8 hour card with all potentially fight night main events that you care about(Maybe outside of 1-2).

300 without a doubt.

1. Holloway/JG one of the best KOs in UFC's history
2. Jiri/Alex one of the best come back KO's I've seen.
3. Money Moicana/Turner
4. Diego Lopes putting away that snooze fester Sodiq

I'm not claiming 300 was the best overall UFC card, but out of the 100's, its definitely the best.

As someone who did watch it live. GSP was a big star at the time, but the fight itself was pretty lackluster.
The prelims were dissappointing as well outside of Jones they were pretty boring decisions and on the main card Jon Fitch is the epitome of snoozefest fight.

UFC 300 from Top-to-Bottom was by far better. It was a legitimate 8 hour card with all potentially fight night main events that you care about(Maybe outside of 1-2).
I agree with you on all those points. However, UFC 100 is alwayd cited as one of the best cards the UFC put on, and there is reason for that. Obviously the Lesnar/Hendo wins saved the night but the card was star studded for its time and had massive hype behind it. UFC 100 is always used as the benchmark for what the 100 series cards should be, and for good reason.

I streamed UFC 100, and streamed many fights before then too, I don’t think that part of watching UFC has really changed much in the past 15 years.
I remember streaming Forest/Rampage too which was before 100 if I remember correctly but it wasnt anything like it is today. Most people weren't streaming. But yeah, youre right.

200 was the worst for sure, I hate that stupida card so much.

I wasn't a fan by the time of UFC 100 sadly but it seems it was a legendary card.

UFC 300 delivered but I couldn't watch it fully cause I was doing some business.

Back