Which Champion was the least skilled.

Montana,
Esparza,
Bork
Bisping

- He was never one of the 5 best active fighters in his division at any point in his career.

- He never earned a title shot. He was only given one as a late notice injury replacement.

- He was gifted a bunch of hometown decisions. The one against Hamill was particularly egregious. During the part of the post-fight interview in the octagon where they show highlights of the winner's performance, look what they had to show because Bisping literally had no highlights during that fight.

- In between rounds of the fight with Anderson Silva, Bisping couldn't get up from his stool and his cornermen refused to exit the octagon after 60 seconds. The referee spent a ridiculously long time trying to get Bisping's corner to leave before they finally did. If the fight hadn't been in the UK, it would have been correctly scored a TKO retirement on stool.

Screenshot-20211209-071053.png

- He is only fighter in UFC history to have been knocked down by 10+ fighters and taken down by 10+ fighters.

- He was constantly getting turned into highlights for his opponents.

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

henderson-bisping-gif.gif

hendo-power-hand-shot-comp.gif

JauntyDentalAfricanclawedfrog-size_restricted.gif

Rockhold-taps-Bisping.jpg

Vitor-KO-Bisping.gif

giphy.gif

Wandy-trips-Bisping.gif

EducatedUnselfishAndalusianhorse-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso4_250.gifv

tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso2_250.gifv

<{dayum}>

I'd say that chick who won the Ultimate Fighter and never fought afterward, but we never got to see her defend at all. She was mad annoying too and wrote more book of excuses that the Brazilians.

Carla for the win. Wrestling is good but she has absolutely nothing else.

Excluding the HW's for the big divisions got to go with Serra, Tanner, Menne, Tito, Hughes?Frank Shamrock's TDD was pretty bad too. Bustamante left the UFC without losing and was always competitive against the best in the world at the time.

Coming back from adversity is a mark of a great fighter. Not everyone can do that and most crumble from adversity which Oliviera used to do. Overeem and as skilled as he was he never could come back after getting hurt.
Silvia was pretty well rounded. Relied on his standup but good takedown defense. Monson couldn't get him down

Coming back from adversity is a mark of a great fighter. Not everyone can do that and most crumble from adversity which Oliviera used to do. Overeem and as skilled as he was he never could come back after getting hurt.
Yup once Reem was hurt that was it

Ngannou is one of if not the least skilled (at least recently), but that is not the same as easiest to beat.

Rose shut down Carla's wrestling. It should've been a draw at best for Carla.

Carla is the worst champion in women's mma history
Yes, it should have been a 49-49 draw, but Rose has the skills and the size to murder Carla. She should have tried to, instead of leaving it to the judges.
it should;ve been a double dq with fines and suspensions

it should;ve been a double dq with fines and suspensions
sure! Instead, the judges make the most erroneous call, changing the titleholder. Then we get complete blowouts like Carla vs Weili

Least skilled? I'd have to say Lesnar for men. He had his roided up wrestling and hit hard like any HW, but other than that, nothing. 5-3-1 record for a champ is shit.

Cody Garbrandt would be a close second for me. He looked brilliant at times early in his career, but most of the time just shit the bed after the Dom fight. 12-5 record and 1-5 over his last 6.

I don't consider Dave Menne due to how young the sport was at the time.
5-3-1 and you're actually a former champ with 2 title defenses says more about the competition than the champ

Unpopular opinion. Conor if he stayed at 155 when he won belt against Alvarez.
Disagree. As much as I dislike the guy, he has the tools to give most fighters a problem.

Dave Menne? Some TUF winner in WMMA when a particular division was introduced, maybe (I can't even name them)? Julianna Pena? Matt Serra?

Personally, Forrest Griffin kinda stands out. Not to say that he wasn't talented, but the guy didn't really stand out for anything other than his size and durability. He didn't have particularly impressive standup skills and power, his wrestling wasn't exactly stellar, and although he could certainly submit guys, he wasn't a BJJ wizard either. He was given a title shot after beating a version of Shogun that was the equivalent of a deflated balloon, then won a controversial decision over Rampage to win the title. Failed to defend it, then lost in the most embarrassing way to Anderson Silva.

Back