Which Edmund is worse? Conor's or Ronda's?

Conor's boxing coach said thay he wished Floyd would use his slick counter boxing skills instead of walking forward and throwing nothing for the first 3 rounds...because Conor wasn't ready for the easy walk straight boxing style, but was ready for Floyd's slick counter punching boxing.

That's the equivelent of saying, "I wish Maia had Conor's back because he trained for that, we weren't ready for his kickboxing tho"...yes thats how fucking stupid his statement was.

Sorry but not even fucking edmund would say something as stupid as this.

Any boxer that floyd faced, would of loved if floyd fought them that way....Pacquiao would've loved it.

So yeah, Conor has shit coaches.
They also said they thought Floyd would come out in a Philly shell defense. Even though Floyd never uses a Philly shell against south paws. Shows how little research they did

Kav seems legit to me. Never understood issue with him sherdog has. Nice guy too.

Other guy is opposite in every way by all appearances.

so would anyone care to explain what exactly it is that kavanaugh does wrong?

everyone here loves shitting on him, yet i haven't seen a single solid argument as to why he sucks.

from what ive seen of him he's a yes man and doesn't seem too knowledgeable in high level fighting. I havent seen him being honest in the corner about rounds being lost or the fighter not following the plan etc. he's the type who will tell a fighter they did well on rounds they clearly got dominated in. and he makes excuses after every loss

from what ive seen of him he's a yes man and doesn't seem too knowledgeable in high level fighting. I havent seen him being honest in the corner about rounds being lost or the fighter not following the plan etc. he's the type who will tell a fighter they did well on rounds they clearly got dominated in. and he makes excuses after every loss
Just curious, are there any examples in recent MMA when coach outright told some major MMA fighter between rounds , that they are doing it all wrong.

/
Maybe thats the way Conor does best - positive reinforcement and he breaks down if you come down on him. He seems real thin skinned. Who knows.

I really don't get the Kavanagh hate. It seems just Conor hate by proxy.

i've seen him tell conor what his opponent would do in the next round and which combinations to throw. it's what the corner should be telling you.

as for being honest with your fighters, the coach knows best what works for his fighters. some guys need to get slapped, some guys need to get encouraged. i guess conor works better when he's told he's doing well.

Best mma coach of all time! At least for Conor if you look at his success and all the monies he's made for Conor in and outside of the cage.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Kav seems intelligent, articulate, mostly talks sense in interviews and in the cage, is polite, has several good up and coming fighters and has made the journey with Conor from day 1 as a nobody in a suburb of Dublin to 9-2 in the UFC, 2 world championships and by far the most fame/money of any athlete in the history of MMA.

I’d say a brilliant coach, at least for Conor and so far (he might have difficulties managing his preparation now that he is too full of fame/money/ego).

PS: Ed on the other hand took an unbeatable arm barring machine in Ronda and convinced her to be the next Tyson, whilst seemingly grooming her as a wannabe lover/father figure as well as feeding her already evident dilusions, giving ridiculous advice and doing all sorts of shady financial deals with her earnings ... worse of the worse.

Last edited:
People seem to forget this. Conor isn't a can. Just not the top dog in the LW division.

No he's not, and he lost to one guy already so he can certainly lose again at LW. Yes it was vs Khabib who is the current top LW, but guys like Lee and Ferguson are very tough match ups as well.

LW has always been a division without a clear best LW at anytime. The only time he had a top LW was when the division was brought back and BJ was defending his belt, till he ran into Edgar. I think this will continue, I dont think Khabib gets by everyone and same goes for the rest. I really don't know what it will take for a LW to be on the level of a GSP/Jones/Anderson

John Kavanaugh is such a better coach than Edmund. No comparision. Edmund ruins careers. Ask Travis Browne how his career is doing under Edmund. Kavanaugh has developed multiple talented fighters.
Multiple talented fighters? Like who?

I dont even blame Kavanaugh... Conor started chasing money instead of hes legacy thats on Conor

Legacy? An MMA legacy is meaningless in the long run when Marc Coleman, a true legend, needs a fucking GoFundMe for his hip replacement (doesn't help America's healthcare system is fucking joke) and fighters don't get organized and stop being treated as contracters.

so would anyone care to explain what exactly it is that kavanaugh does wrong?

everyone here loves shitting on him, yet i haven't seen a single solid argument as to why he sucks.

Your dream is to blow conrad and Kav at the same time.

This is hard... <Lmaoo>

You've got Tarverdyan who, in addition to being an inept coach, is a complete slime outside of the cage. He's committed identity fraud, attempted to commit bankruptcy fraud, is most likely a tax-evader and money-launderer, and every fighter he's ever coached has declined rapidly and permanently.

On the other hand, Kavanagh is the biggest cornball goof in the history of MMA coaching. Painfully unfunny and dorky. Despite his cluelessness he does seem to have some fragment of coaching ability and a lot of guys look up to him, despite the fact he publicly stated he didn't know what gameplanning was until August of 2016.

C'mon. He may now be too indulgent with Conor, but Kavanaugh is a smart, good coach.

Take the Diaz fights. I think Conor probably also lost the 2nd, but truth is they made good adjustments and did much better in the rematch. The victory over Alvarez seemed to me to be well planned also.

Back