Which fighter got you into the sport? And why?

Whose nutz were your first home? :D

2949519487_16e50ae271.jpg

Chuck Norris inspired me to learn karate back in the 60's when I was a kid and after that I tried several other disciplines after seeing Bruce Lee's fighting style.

Cro Cop, Fedor, Wand and Chuck. first time i saw these guys fight. (wand/mirko 2) (fedor/mirko) (chuck/tito) and (chuck/wand)

Fedor Emelianenko. It was the first time that I saw ground and pound administered in such a devastating fashion. Also, the way he use to transition from striking to grappling seemed so incredibly fluid, it blew my mind. That, coupled with his unemotional demeanor, kept me intrigued about him and the sport in general.

Cerrone for his fight with McCullough at WEC 36, before that I only had a vague idea of what mma was, and I've tried to learn as much as possible ever since. Always a fan of Cowboy win or lose!

Junie Browning TUF 8. He really displays what this great sport is all about

Ken Shamrock. Liked him more than Gracie in the first few UFC's. Then I really liked Frye.

Tito Ortiz, back then when he fought guy metzger.. I had to download it from Bearshare, cause there was no UFC/MMA coverage in germany.. then later youtube.. But yea Tito got me into MMA

wanderlei_silva.jpg

He remains my top 3 favorites of all time.

Remco Pardoel, when I watched UFC 2 and he destroyed Orlando Weit. Big fat dude vs muscular kick boxer and it was a brutal elbow stoppage.

Wouldn't say I was on his nuts, but that was when I fell in love with UFC.

Randy, Chuck and Forrest. I'm a TUF noob. I was surprised at how normal and relatable they were

Ken Shamrock got me into MMA when he was in the WWF.
Wanderlei Silva kept me into MMA after I watched Wanderlei vs Hendo 1.

Hendo vs Wanderlei @ Pride 33

i remember watching it @ a friends house seeing wandy for the first time and thinking dam that is one scary dude (when he was doing the wrist rolls) and that the smaller american dude had no chance

when hendo KOed Wandy and the pride victory theme song hit, it was magical

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

wanderlei vs crocop..i'll never be that excited for a fight again

Back