Which fighter got you into the sport? And why?

Mirko Cro Cop.

I was K1 and Cro Cop fan long before I started watching MMA.

Fedor and crocop. Fedor for his ability to show no emotion and win when he looked like he was in trouble. Also crocop.. Would doesn't like LHK's and who the hell comes out to Duran Duran? Lol

200px-Golddust.jpg

i was only a boy

but i knew if there were people like that in this world, i had to learn to defend myself...

jk

bruce, marco ruas, and fedor.

74197143_display_image.jpg

Last edited:

Interesting thing about that fight. Wandy was the favorite and Hendo had the moniker Right Hand Dan (among his other 50 nicknames ie hollywood, hendo, dangerous, decision etc). First time I can recall him putting anyone out like that with his left.

Cro Cop and Fedor got me watching but I knew I was hooked the first UFC I rented when Silva destroyed Franklyn and took the MW title

When Rich's face got pushed inward from Silva's kneed and then seeing is nose in the shape of a C I knew I would be a fan for a long long time.

MMA_Legend_Fedor_Emelianenko_Web.jpg

I had a pre-conceived notion that all MMA fighters were untalented, street thug skinheads covered in tattoos.

I somehow stumbled upon a Fedor highlight and was mesmerized. He was everything MMA wasn't in my mind. Humble, stoic, average looking and just had a weird charisma to him that hasn't been matched. After that, I inevitability came across Cro Cop and was hooked.

Fedor and Cro Cop will forever by my #1 and #2.

Cro Cop. A friend of mine showed me one of his HL and it blew my mind because I didn't even know that Pride and the UFC existed. I didn't really go further than watching very casually delayed fights and HL on youtube for two years until I saw my first "real time" event. It was UFC 99 and it was of course because of Cro Cop.

The first UFC fight I remember watching was Tito vs Tanner, I had never seen anything like that before. It got me into MMA and made me a Tito fan for life.

Tito Ortiz, back then when he fought guy metzger.. I had to download it from Bearshare, cause there was no UFC/MMA coverage in germany.. then later youtube.. But yea Tito got me into MMA

Nice to see I'm not alone in here.

Crocop and Fedor at Pride 26.
crocop_display_image.jpg

fedor_emelianenko_getting_rocked_by_kazuyuki_fujita_at_pride.26_.jpg

Also saw a long limbed black guy i'd never seen get tapped very easily.
Anderson Silva, boy did shit change for him!

220px-Jackie_Chan_Fist.JPG

These Two Legends Got Me Into Martial Arts

As For Mixed Martial Arts
anderson_silva_.jpg

1297317222134_ORIGINAL.jpg

wand.jpg

Last edited:
UFC3 was the first I ever saw and I loved it. Gracie, Kimo, Shamrock, Jennum, Howard, Payne, Yarborough. I was amazed to see such different men, with different styles going at it with very few rules.

After that I didn't really follow it until years later, and fighters like Arlovski, Matt Hughes, Cro-Cop, Rich Franklin were the ones I really loved watching.

Royce Gracie, Mark Coleman, Tank Abbott, and Ken Shamrock introduced me to MMA. It was Fedor who turned me into a long time fan of the sport.

when Rampage slammed Arona I started watching MMA every since and Rampage ofcourse was my fav fighter.

Chuck and Randy were some of my first fights to watch, (rampage too). Really thought it was a cool sport then saw Machida fight and I was hooked.

Back