Which fighter looked the most invincible at their peak/prime?

Which fighter looked the most invincible at their peak/prime?

• Total voters
The answer is Sakuraba because even his defeats are victories. This is how you know you are the GOAT.

3 votes for Jon Jones.. lol

wow
It's cause Jon did have a couple close fights I think. People remember seeing moments where it looked possible to beat Jon. Obviously he's on this list for a good reason but I would agree others on this list had more of that aura

This is not about who the best fighter is, but who had the biggest aura of invincibility at their peak.

Feel free to suggest more names.

jon-jones-stripped-of-title-second-time-ufc-f918764f-ac18-4a92-93fb-1e7bc5e38178.jpg

20140801_084436_anderson-silva.jpg

affliction_banned_preview_d.jpg

4665.jpg

rgri2i0qjymseejnwmk8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2Fgeorges-st-pierre-2017-ufc-return-michael-bisping-fight-dana-white-0.jpg

demetrious-johnson-diet.jpg

1811752-26_junior_dos_santos3.jpg

Junior Dos Santos doesn't belong in this discussion.

I was one of the geniuses that thought the Machida era would last a lot longer than it did. What he did to Rashad really left a mark on me as a fan; I picked Machida to win that fight, but not like he did. Add that before that, he arguably hadn't lost a round in his entire career. But then Shogun came and did what he did and made me feel like a moron.

Aldo, Anderson, GSP, Fedor, and Jones.

it has to be silva. his only mistake was showboating but if he was to take weidman seriously at that time, his winning streak would have continued.
Why do people think this? Did they not watch his head getting dribbled off the mat in the first round? He had the thousand yard stare in his corner afterwards and got his eyes rolled back numerous times. He got FUCKED UP in that 1st round. He wasn't "showboating". He was desperately trying to avoid being taken down again and trying to bait Weidman into striking with him out of frustration/anger. It was actually working right up until it failed spectacularly.

Don't really understand those picking Anderson... he always looked like he was one good wrestler away from a loss.

Same thing for Kahbib, every wrestler eventually faces someone they can't take down at will.

GSP is my pick, as there seemed to be no valid gameplan or style to beat him. His grappling was better than everyone in the division, and his striking was on par or better as well, on top to that his team and his athleticism were 2nd to none.

Jon Jones made shogun and machida look like cans.
Really no one could stop him until usada after which jones became more of a point fighter

both guys out of their primes. jones began looking normal when he fought santos, and reyes, a fight he lost. then he ran to heavyweight because he was getting slow and the upcoming light heavyweights would have beat him. he still has a lot to prove at heavyweight. will lose to aspinall if they fight.

How is JDS on here but not Cain lol. Cain at his peak was frightening.

Also a guy who probably won't get a mention is Brock Lesnar I remember after he destroyed frank at ufc 100 I thought this dude was trouble for anyone

Fedor looked great against cans in Pride.
Not so much against Matt Mitreone, Bigfoot Silva, or Ryan Bader.

there are only two in MMA history that looked invincible and instilled primal fear into opponents while they were in their prime and they are Cro Cop and Wanderlei Silva. No one else has instilled fear at those levels. Many come close. You might think some fighters today do it. But if you were around, you know. Only Cro Cop and wanderlei.

Anderson Silva wasn't just beating guys, he was toying with them.

Back