Which fighter should be crowned the beloved son of sherdog?

Who's the Most Beloved, Active Fighter on the Dawg?

• Total voters
Shogun.

His legions are more mature these days.

But Shogun

Fedor and Max. Both are sons of Sherdog.

I think Charles and KZ probably have the best fan to hater ratio

I mean really, how could you hate those guys?

Lyoto, Steven Thompson, Holloway and Rampage are all good picks imo.

I'm 100% on board with Khamzat. And I'm a fan of Fedor, Gaethje, etc.

But it's gotta be Robbie Lawler. Does anyone actually hate the guy? Even if people support his opponents, I never see anything but respect for Lawler. He's the only fighter in MMA that has no detractors here
It’s gotta be Ruthless. I can’t recall not only never reading a bad thing about him but I’m having a hard time even coming up with a reason somebody wouldn’t like him.

Chuck. He was the face of the UFC when it really blew up. Chuck fights were an event and people actually looked forward to and made plans to watch. Those days are long gone. Honorable mention to Randy, Forrest, and even Bonnar.

Also the fact everyone I listed is not your list shows how long you have actually been watching. BJ, Franklin, Hughes, Tanner, Sherk, GSP, Anderson F'n Silva? I could go on for days, but you get my point, do some research junior. Regardless of any argument that anyone has Chuck was the first Superstar of the sport.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the most universally loved fighter on the UFC roster at sherdog is our beloved Charles Oliveira..

View attachment 910296

10 years of grinding, climbed from the depths of the favelas, stays true to his community, 100% real deal, no cringey persona , no gimics.. most submissions, super exciting fights.. coolest guy who also looks like a frog..

Need I say more?

I've included a list of other popular fighters, so can we get a poll please?

Holloway
Volkanovski
Jose Aldo
Ngannou
Gane
Korean Zombie
Dustin Porier
RDA
Justin Gaethje
Adesanya
Jorge Masdival
Khamzat
Robert Whittaker
Glover
Jan
Jiri
Stipe
Mousasi
Lawler
Lol no one gave a shit about Charles until he got the title. He was damn near can level for a few years there.

In my opinion, the most universally loved fighter on the UFC roster at sherdog is our beloved Charles Oliveira..

View attachment 910296

10 years of grinding, climbed from the depths of the favelas, stays true to his community, 100% real deal, no cringey persona , no gimics.. most submissions, super exciting fights.. coolest guy who also looks like a frog..

Need I say more?

I've included a list of other popular fighters, so can we get a poll please?

Holloway
Volkanovski
Jose Aldo
Ngannou
Gane
Korean Zombie
Dustin Porier
RDA
Justin Gaethje
Adesanya
Jorge Masdival
Khamzat
Robert Whittaker
Glover
Jan
Jiri
Stipe
Mousasi
Lawler
I responded Khamzat because the worse this guy gets is skepticism. He is still too new to have developed haters and many many posters are on the hype train.
Even fighters are on the hype train. The respect and fear that Khamzat commands is un paralleled IMO.

If I do anything other than cup holloway's balls, sherdog comes at me, so I'll say Holloway.
I am not sure. His last fight was not his best and you had a bunch of he was never that good posters that crawled out from under their rock.

It should be Frankie Edgar. There is no reason to dislike the guy. He's still fighting at the top level, and perhaps tarnishing his legacy just because he loves to compete, at 40. We should all be cheering him on as he exits the sport violently. Dude could have been the GOAT in at least 2 weight divisions and won and defended the belt as one of the smallest guys in the LW division. Dude is harder than a coffin nail and doesn't get the respect for the insane all around skill he has.

It should be Frankie Edgar. There is no reason to dislike the guy. He's still fighting at the top level, and perhaps tarnishing his legacy just because he loves to compete, at 40. We should all be cheering him on as he exits the sport violently. Dude could have been the GOAT in at least 2 weight divisions and won and defended the belt as one of the smallest guys in the LW division. Dude is harder than a coffin nail and doesn't get the respect for the insane all around skill he has.

man i forgot Frankie, great post, hes easily oen of the p4p best fighters in man history in my book. Seems like a great guy too.

Fedor, He's the literal definition of Great, same with Sherdog. they're the perfect couple.

Wand, Randy, GSP, Fedor.

Wanderlei used to be one of the perfect answers, but a massive chunk of Sherdog turned against him during his rivalry with Chael Sonnen...
Wand didn't even do anything really scandalous, but his awkward pro-wrestling black-and-white promos were not received well by the newer fans, who started to rebel against the status quo and ask:
"and what the heck did that Wandy guy ever do for us? He's overrated as fuck, Chris Leben sent him back to Japan where the competition is easier, proof that Silva was actually never any good"

Seriously, poor Wand might be the dude who got the most hate for the smallest offense...

When it comes to inactive fighters, James "the Colossus" Thompson used to be a superhero on Sherdog, as way back he was one of the only fighters who actually interacted with his fanbase.
He did a few shout-outs to the JT WARWAGON© in Cage Rage interviews, talking about having to go back and watch more DVDs to become stronger, etc

That was before it became normal for fighters to talk with their fans, so it was welcomed.

I sure hope he's doing fine these days
WAR JT

Back