Which Style of Exercise is Best for Humans?

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Taking human physiology into account, which style of exercise makes the most sense for human beings to be doing?

Calisthenics, bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman training...etc...

I'm no expert but I would have to assume that calisthenics is the most natural thing for us to do...

Just pause and think about how unspecific your question is.

That's some free advice.

Based on nothing, I'd say callisthenics. Being able to move a big log or rock is great when those occasions arrive, but being able to freely manoeuvre your body around is always useful.

I always heard that it is sprinting for as long as you can. I hear is most explosive thing you can do without putting too much stress on yourself, and not doing too much unnatural movement.

Last edited:
You think that by training with barbells that hinders your ability to "move your body freely"?

Walking is probably the best, followed by resistance training. These mimic the natural demands on a human body (hunting/foraging then carrying the kill/berries back to camp).

A lot of walking, a bit of sprinting, then carrying (aka resistance training).

Despite being accused of not being an evolved training program Hominid 5x5 has worked for me.

Taking human physiology into account, which style of exercise makes the most sense for human beings to be doing?

I'm no expert but I would have to assume that calisthenics is the most natural thing for us to do...

Yeah, I've been trying different things for my pet human, too.

There is no such thing as the best. It is extremely context driven.

It depends on your environment for the most part. Humans adapt their bodies based on what their environment requires.

One thing that is consistent though is endurance, both muscles and lungs. It has to be a healthy combination of running, HIT training, calisthenics and probably powerlifting.

I would say do what wrestlers do for strength and conditioning and you're good to go. And if you have a partner, just wrestle all day, boom, problem solved.

Wrestlers are some of the strongest (functional) and most conditioned athletes in the world.

Weighted hip thrusts if you want to be a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me.

giphy.webp

Kettlebells, pullups, Sprinting/jumping

All you need.

most natural? well go out in nature hunt and forage for your food and avoid getting eaten, can't get more "natural" than that

Back