White House to pass federal "skills" based hiring instead of "degree based"

What was that??? You want to bitch about nepotism leading to disaster????

Obamacare Website Costs Exceed $2 Billion, Study Finds
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...re-website-costs-exceed-2-billion-study-finds

Exec at HealthCare.gov contractor went to school with first lady, donated to Obama campaign
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex...ool-with-first-lady-donated-to-obama-campaign
or
https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20131108/NEWS/801243397

As I mentioned, most federal jobs have questionaires about experience doing different tasks, which ensure most vacancies get filled by people who are already federal employees. Apparently to Democrats experience matters a lot if someone wants a job making $50,000 a year for the federal government, but not if someone wants a job making $50,000 a month for an energy company.

As a small business owner I can say I've never cared that much about diplomas when I had to hire people. 1-2 conversations with them and trying to judge their skill and character is what has always been the most important to me.

As a small business owner I can say I've never cared that much about diplomas when I had to hire people. 1-2 conversations with them and trying to judge their skill and character is what has always been the most important to me.

As a medium business owner I can say that
End of the day you can get a job done or not

No piece of paper is gonna help with that

LOL. This beautiful country is completely fucked.
Agreed

but not by a hiring system based on actual performance and skills instead of nonsensical Barriers to entry

it’s being ruined by Marxists with zero real world life experience who hate America and what it stands for and are trying to turn it into the ussr

Hilarious, does Dementia Dons wife have any skills that would keep her here?

I expect jokes

As a medium business owner I can say that
End of the day you can get a job done or not

I used to own a small business... I didn’t have time to post on sherdog

No piece of paper is gonna help with that

Trump to sign executive order to transform the now federal degree-based hiring into skill-based.

I'm not sure what to think of this one. What will be the ramifications of this? I don't know if it's a positive thing or negative

In practical terms, this means more nepotism.

So as a guy that use to work for the federal government and currently is contracted out to them rather frequently, this is a GREAT idea. There's too many knowledgable and qualified people in certain areas that are passed up due to not having a degree. There's alot of OVERQUALIFIED people in positions too since on paper the job requires a degree but in practice has zero applicability.

Guess who's comin' back! He's got the passion, the drive, and the WILL to overcome his lack of proper education and licensure.

original-2543-1455902006-3.png

Our new Surgeon General is here!

Federal hiring is a joke, probably designed that way to make sure those who are already federal employees (and thus probably paying union dues) fill vacancies. I've applied for federal jobs. Most have questionairres where on 1 to 5 scale, you rank how much experience you have doing something. Only those with high scores get interviews. Which is laughable, because someone could have 20 years experience doing a bunch of tasks but still be a poorly performing worker.
So much this. I can't tell you how many guys/girls I've worked with who were "experienced" but not any good. Or they were good but have refused to catch up with the times with certain things like technology, affecting everyone else around them.

Age is just a number, doesn't mean you've done anything valuable with those years.

Yes, we all can't wait for civil engineers for the federal government to be replaced by HS degree-having snake oil salesmen selected by the moron-in-chief. There couldn't be any ramifications for gutting what little remaining expertise and institutional knowledge is left in government.
That's not what would happen with this, as the civil engineering would still necessitate a PE or at least an EIT/FE.

most non-supervisory federal jobs can be done without a degree and with OJT. I'm pretty high up in the federal system and living proof you dont need one. i will definitely need one going the next step up as it's very competitive and everyone i will be competing against will have minimum an MBA and +20 years military experience.

a lot of those with degrees are doing jobs that are outside of their degree anyways. if anything, the degree requirements is used to weed people out.

Back