News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

It is clear Dana and the UFC see Jones vs. Stipe as the most profitable option and they will do whatever to make it happen. People in here saying nobody cares, but they’re names the casual audience recognizes and that’s who they’re targeting. Wish they would drop the sports entertainment approach but it’s not going to happen.
Casuals recognize Jones, but Stipe is a stretch

Casuals recognize Jones, but Stipe is a stretch
He had some rather high profile fights with Cormier and Ngannou. Also heavyweight champion for like 5 years, which of course will give him more recognition. Not saying he’s a star or anything, but certainly more well known than Aspinall or any other heavyweight.

I like when Dana says something really stupid and then immediately follows it up with the flimsy justification of "It makes sense" as if him using that phrase makes whatever stupid thing that preceded it inherently axiomatic rather than colossally retarded.

Like one day we're going to get to the point of him sitting down at a presser and going "Well, uh, Volk and Topuria want to fight for the UFC title in a Power Slap contest and they've, uh, both asked for it... so it just makes sense" and he'll just expect the entire fanbase to go:

<mma4><mma4><mma4>

Dana being loyal for a change and gets heavily panned for it on Sherdog. More news at 6.

Who asked him to be loyal to the biggest recipient of Dana White Privilege? Thinking matters.

Jones getting that Dana white Privilege.

It is clear Dana and the UFC see Jones vs. Stipe as the most profitable option and they will do whatever to make it happen. People in here saying nobody cares, but they’re names the casual audience recognizes and that’s who they’re targeting. Wish they would drop the sports entertainment approach but it’s not going to happen.
This , and I agree, it is a big fight they can make and hype. Yes they are old and all but casuals don't care or even know probably.

He had some rather high profile fights with Cormier and Ngannou. Also heavyweight champion for like 5 years, which of course will give him more recognition. Not saying he’s a star or anything, but certainly more well known than Aspinall or any other heavyweight.

More reason to use Aspinal if anything.

Aspinal is their future and he's an exciting fighter. Certainly giving the UK a heavyweight champ is going to be big money for them.

There is no upside to Stipe. Cash in on one PPV and people are going to buy it to see Jones fight more so than Stipe anyway.

Maybe they think Jones might beat Aspinal and then retire after leaving them with no one unblemished.

Calling it now, after the clear #1 HW on the roster is treated like shit (again) he eventually leaves the UFC (again) and then UFC shill accounts here discredit him and say he was never that good (again).

Same fucking formula / Francis all over again. Have fun fighting for the elderly belt Jon/Stipe, because that's all it is. At least this way it is beyond obvious to any non-shill account that TKO Holdings is rigged.

Calling it now, after the clear #1 HW on the roster is treated like shit (again) he eventually leaves the UFC (again) and then UFC shill accounts here discredit him and say he was never that good (again).

Same fucking formula / Francis all over again. Have fun fighting for the elderly belt Jon/Stipe, because that's all it is. At least this way it is beyond obvious to any non-shill account that TKO Holdings is rigged.
Actually Tom vs Frank would be quite nice.
Hey PFL, you reading?

As much of a “superfight” or “legacy fight” as UFC/Jones/Stipe want it to be, removing and sheltering these cherished fighters from any and all danger and challenge of the HW division of fighters after such an extended period of time away from the sport, drains a lot of the intended importance and greatness of it (for me). I look forward to seeing it but the belt really is being held hostage and shoehorned into this as a marketing ploy.

Last edited:
Gane vs Blaydes for the Interim Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Nothing wrong with being old (I’m old), but these are 2 aging HOFers that are agreeing to meet in the middle on their geriatric terms. Just be honest about it and let’s not pretend they are still at the top of the food chain. If neither Stipe nor Jones have any intention on fighting the interim champ, that belt is not a real champion belt.

Last edited:
Aspinall should play Jones’ game and handpick his next opponent as Interim Champ. Stay active and fight someone you’re most likely to beat, even if it’s Gane and his 3rd f’n title fight.

Last edited:
Dana can go suck donkey dick, that fight can suck it too.

Pay Aspinall like a champion at least, like they say they do to interim champs. PPV points and all that jazz. Crappy situation. Won't feel the same until there's just one champ though.

”Why not let him defend the interim title?”

Stupidest thing I read this week.. And I’ve read a ton of stupid shit.

Fucking lame

Poor Aspinall, and he was just on a soapbox in the UK media about how bad the politics in boxing are compared to MMA.

Back