Who currently is the most famous living person?

Who's your pick?

• Total voters
Barack Obama has to be high up there as well. It's hard to say who is the #1 most well-known person in the world .

In terms of most of the world knowing who they are, easily Putin or Trump.

In terms of most of the world knowing who they are, easily Putin or Trump.
what does "know who they are" mean? Like , know where they were born, or what country they were leaders of? I bet more people recognize the face of Arnold Schwarzeneger than Vladimir Putin.

It's the soccer guy. MAGAts can't accept the fact Trump isn't god to everyone on Earth.
Actually the soccer guy has never once been the most Googled person globally for a year. He has half as many as Tay-tay so far this year, LOL.
  • The most searched person on Google of all time: Trump (his election in Nov 2016 hit an all-time high of 153M searches that month)
As silly as that metric is. Perhaps the most telling metric we might find, if anyone had done it, would be to feed a supercomputer every news headline & article from every major and minor news outlet across the world. Determine which name was mentioned the most.

I can save you the suspense. Over the past decade, and presently, that name is going to be Trump.

Grass fairy shitholers can't accept what they know in their hearts; that the whole world, including their backwater swamps, never takes it eyes off Rome or its Caesars.

Actually the soccer guy has never once been the most Googled person globally for a year. He has half as many as Tay-tay so far this year, LOL.

As silly as that metric is. Perhaps the most telling metric we might find, if anyone had done it, would be to feed a supercomputer every news headline & article from every major and minor news outlet across the world. Determine which name was mentioned the most.

I can save you the suspense. Over the past decade, and presently, that name is going to be Trump.

Grass fairy shitholers can't accept what they know in their hearts; that the whole world, including their backwater swamps, never takes it eyes off Rome or its Caesars.
Of course American presidents place very high in that metric as american politics is very newsworthy.

But common people in Africa, Asia and Latin America don't need to google Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, they watch them playing.

It's funny how americans in general are oblivious to how prevalent football is worldwide.

And this right here demonstrates precisely why I mocked the follower count methodology.

According to this Rihanna and Katy Perry are more famous than Taylor Swift. C'mon.
People outside of fatfuckistan at least knows who Rihanna is. Not so much Taylor Swift.

Not only that go over social media, forums, etc

Not to mention that him and Putin have been around the earth for double the amount of time as any other candidate the obvious answer is obvious.

Swift by a landslide. Between her sold out concerts, dating Kelce, etc. Do you think there's a bunch of tweens all around the world who know who Trump, Putin, or Musk are?
Yes, and it's almost only tweens who would know Taylor Swift. If you just went around to random countries with a picture of these people and asked randos who it is, how many people over 35 do you think would be able to identify Taylor Swift? I'd be surprised if it was 1 in 50.

Putin would get very few who could identify him by photo, a good number would know the name, and a middle number could say who is.

Musk would do a little better from the photo, still not that many, a bit higher would know the name, the lowest would be who he is.

Trump would easily get the most in all 3 categories.

Americans think an American is the most famous living person, shocker. Most Americans can't even point to America on a map.

But to be fair there are more famous Americans than famous Non-Americans overall. Probably the most famous people in the past 100 years is Michael Jackson and Muhammad Ali. Both were American. So it's not a stretch to think an American is the most famous person.

But to be fair there are more famous Americans than famous Non-Americans overall. Probably the most famous people in the past 100 years is Michael Jackson and Muhammad Ali. Both were American. So it's not a stretch to think an American is the most famous person.

I agree with everything, even the last sentence, but it's just funny how so many people think Trump is the most famous guy alive based on google searches lol. I've been to many countries through my life, and i've never met anyone who didn't know Ronaldo, Eminem, and even Beckham (though that's probably not the case in recent years), and yet i've spoken to many people in these countries who've said "Who is Trump?". Most people don't know, or just don't care to know about some random American president. There was an F1 event in the Vegas a little while back, and these celebs showed up, and some of them didn't even get recognized by the Europeans there.

Pelé > Ali.

Michael Jackson is GOAT famous person though, I don't think anybody comes close to reach MJ's height at the top of his Thriller/Bad run.

Back