Who deserves titleshot more-> O'Malley or Chito Vera?

They outta run it back but I have Chito ahead in recent wins.

Let’s compare their wins on their current streak.

Yan > Cruz
Paiva < Font
Almeida < Edgar
Mountinho < Grant

So O’Malley has the best win overall but Chito has the better resume overall. Now add in Chito has a win over O’Malley head to head. Also O’Malley’s best win being highly controversial if that makes a difference to you. All that adds up to Chito having the better claim in my eyes. But UFC probably gives it to Sean.

<mma4>

Vera deserves it more. O'Malley is going to get it first. Its really about how much attention you can draw to yourself these days, and O'Malley is doing just that. It is what it is. I called Dana to voice my displeasure about this reality and he did not call me back yet.
This is the answer. Plus the Vera rematch would be better for the title. So they are holding out for that match making for when one of them is the champion.

the next TS will probably go to Chito. He's on a better win streak, including a massive KO over Cruz. O'Malley's best win is a controversial split decision.
And Sterling is a stylistic nightmare for O'Malley. If Chito defeats Sterling, then O'Malley's chances of becoming champion increase.

Last edited:
Chito is coming off a KO of a division hero, O'sterine is coming off a gift decision.

UFC didn't book O'Malley vs Yan to not give O'Malley the shot with a win. He's about to enter the Top 5 and there isn't really a clear next anyway.

Yan got robbed but he really wouldn't be in this position if he didn't do an illegal knee than fighting out of character losing rematch. Fight was competitive enough for 2 judges to give to O'malley( I don't agree but I wasn't judge) Vera will get his eventual shot and if it happens to be against O'Malley he has better style matchup against him then Aljo anyways. Could work out best in the end just waiting out regardless.

EDIT: O'Malley has shown to be similar to McGregor. Cleans the clocks of opponents with no chin but if opponent has grit he doesn't have that same power shot when fight goes more than a round.

Deserve’s got nothing to do with it. - William Munny
What he said. - Dana White

Dana said winner of O'Malley/Yan gets titleshot but, given how controversial his "win" was, who gets it now?

O'Malley just beat the #1 guy, but only in the minds of 2 judges and a minority of everyone else.

Chito has a win of O'Malley and is on a 4 fight win streak that got him into the top 5 rankings.

Sean's probably going to be ranked higher now but they're both up there.

Another question I have that I'd like to see some opinions on: who has a better shot at beating Sterling?
I'd kinda like to see Chito get it out of those 2. Yan is a bigger win than Cruz imo, but Chito has the head-to-head win over Sean, plus his win over Cruz wasn't controversial.

A deal was made, Sean vs Yan was for a title shot. Sean won, he gets it. Sean will make them way more money.
You teenage ladies need to stop hating on Sean. He performed way better than most people would have imaged against an absolute killer. He belongs, and he's exciting.
Yeah we can argue the validity of the decision until we're blue in the face, but on paper it belongs to Sean. And given the UFC is firmly behind promoting him, I think we have to expect they're absolutely following through with their claim that the "winner" of Yan vs O'malley was next in line. We may not like it, but it is what it is. It is indeed a W on sean's record on every official record keeping. So unless Sean decides he dosen't want it next people need to just prepare for O'malley vs Sterling. Because you know sterling wants it. Where it's a very winnable fight for him stylisitically, and sean also is bringing the most possible eyes/buys with him. So it's a bigger pay day guarantee assuming he's getting points.

how would he do against Aljo though?

Yan took him down for 3 rounds, imagine what Sterling would to O'Malley with his offensive grappling.

And a few days ago everyone was saying Yan was going to absolutely butcher Suga, too. Look how that worked out.

And a few days ago everyone was saying Yan was going to absolutely butcher Suga, too. Look how that worked out.

I wasn't saying that.

I was scared for Yan because of the reach/height disparity.

I've known what a talent O'Malley is from the start.

He's not prospect Jon Jones though.

His legs and his heart (metaphorically and literally) aren't championship level though he's fantastic in other areas (you don't need to be championship level at everything to win the title once).

Probably Vera. It was clear he won his last fight.

A deal was made, Sean vs Yan was for a title shot. Sean won, he gets it. Sean will make them way more money.
You teenage ladies need to stop hating on Sean. He performed way better than most people would have imaged against an absolute killer. He belongs, and he's exciting.

A deal? <Lmaoo> Didn't Dana say in the post fights presser and interview he's looking to get Aljo vs Cejudo done next.

Chito finished his last fight (no weird split decision that went in his favour) and finished Suga with a very rare leg kick finish.

I think Vera should get it personally. But from business point of view it is definitely worth having on O’Malley put into a title shot quick before any high ranked wrestler gets his hands on him (make that money quick)

KO’s are way better than bullishit decisions! When was the last time you watched a bullshit decisions compilation vid?

Knocking out a 37 year old who's been sidelined for years due to injuries isn't as impressive as having a hard fought decision with one of the divisions best. You have a boxing avatar, quit asking stupid questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back