Who does Conor fight next?

It seems like Nate at WW is the plan.

Title shot, which he will win. #conorbless

McGregor needs a win badly. With Oliviera - Gaethje already in the planning stage, I would like to see him fight Chandler. Both need a win, and both are action fighters.

I'd like to see him against someone ranked in the #8-#15 range. That way we can determine if he's truly done or if Dustin just has his number. If Conor picks up a win, even against a low level opponent, if makes the next fight against a higher ranked fighter bigger. If Conor loses three in a row it's gonna hurt his drawing ability regardless of his antics.

If I were Conor, my first bout would be against my substance abuse problems.

Nate Diaz
Masvidal

(i dont see him making cutting weight for lightweight)

0_UFC-197-On-Sale-Press-Conference.jpg

If I'm handling Conor I get him a tune-up fight. The UFC can put a good spin on any matchup. Diego Sanchez would work or someone similar. A name but not ranked well. He needs a win, his confidence back, and the post fight microphone to sell his next fight.

I'm having a hard time recalling if Conors last two fights were at 155 or 170. Of course Conor has a life altering injury he may not return from but let's just imagine. Here are my ideas:

A. Tony Ferguson at 155: As far as I know Tony is not booked up right now. He is a semi name by UFC standards as well as former (interim) champ. He also may be considered damaged goods or a layup, Ala Donald Ceronne
B. Diaz 3 at 170: I still don't know of either fighter still cuts to 155. Rubber match with lots of money on the line

He doesn't deserve to fight champ on his way back. I don't see him fighting a top contender based off his brand and his injury. I also don't see him fighting a no name up and Comer like Sean Brady
Tony tweeted something recently that implied he already has a fight in the works. Gregor Gillespie called out Tony and he almost never calls anybody out, that would be an interesting matchup.

Not sure about RDA's injury status but Conor vs. RDA was supposed to happen years ago. Maybe it's finally time?

If Conor fights somebody unranked I like the idea of fighting Bobby Green.

Dan Hooker also seems like a good fight and winnable for Conor.

Ferguson or Chandler. I don't think the UFC will match Conor with either fighter though, too risky for their cash cow that's already lost a considerable amount of star power.

I don´t see Conor making LW anymore.
IF (and this is a BIG if) he returns, he should fight a 10-15 WW, maybe Neal or Jinliang, and IF he wins then feed him a top 10 like Chiesa or Magny.
Also, I don´t see a future for him at WW, as his KO power did not translated from FW to LW, and at WW it will be nil. Bigger dudes will walk through him.
is this a joke aimed at his alleged recent muscle gains? I saw some goofy article about him gaining 34 lbs of muscle in 6 months, which is impossible even with steroids. Conor is an averaged sized LW.

He’s only taking money fights:

Tree times his size Nate Diaz
Doostin the pea-head
Neocon Jorge even

He’s gonna be slow and stuck in the mud with his newfound girth. I’m sure his cardio will be fookin unbelievable

I hear you on the alcohol part. I got into it with my ex last night after taking a vicodin and drinking a bunch of whiskey. I didn't even remember it until I woke up this morning and looked at my phone and realized I said a bunch of mean, uncalled for shit. It was horrible and wish I could take it back, but I think it's past that point and it was over some dumbshit. I genuinely care for her and it is eating me inside, especially since I was the one who escalated it. Alcohol is a bitch.
Sorry to hear that man. Hope you sort it out with her.

Back