Who else doesn’t think DC deserves the HW title shot?

He’s a QUESTIONABLE LHW champ because he got his ass kicked TWICE by a LHW. And it was NEVER CLOSE. He LOST the title to this man and only regained it by a TECHNICALITY.

Yeah JJ got busted but who isn’t using these days? I think he should at least beat JJ first or move to HW to win a few fights just like every one else. GSP never lost the WW belt before earning the MW title shot.

dc isn't these days.
it not edc fault that jon jones is a lyingcheating scum bag.

It’s not like the division is filled with contenders right now. There currently isn’t any really. Good timing for DC to move. It gives both divisions time to produce some legit challengers

He’s a QUESTIONABLE LHW champ because he got his ass kicked TWICE by a LHW. And it was NEVER CLOSE. He LOST the title to this man and only regained it by a TECHNICALITY.

Yeah JJ got busted but who isn’t using these days? I think he should at least beat JJ first or move to HW to win a few fights just like every one else. GSP never lost the WW belt before earning the MW title shot.

TS, I suspect that you do not know how significant a properly regimented PED program can be. We do not know if Jones can even compete in the UFC without PEDS. I suspect Jones may look more like post USADA Belfort, Hendricks, Machida or Weidman and less like the PED induced wrecking machine he has been in the past.

because pussy jones wont fight miocic. mma maths dont work.

i do think everyone should have to earn it

but ufc needs $ and this sells
at least dc was sf hw champ...

Division is just weak

and yet people complain about Fedor fighting "cans" LOL

This fight is huge... 205 and former Heavyweight GP winner vs the most storied guy in that division. Plus. Other than Blaydes… then guy has cleaned out the top-tier.

If Jones could keep his shit together, it would've been him fighting at HW. Instead, the guy who has actually fought at Heavyweight (and never lost) gets the shot. Makes sense to me.

Guy with Trump in his avatar and Sonnen in his sig is trolling.

4fb65c50b61abbc833091fae32666979.jpg

Champs should always be allowed to challenge other champs, that goes without saying.

This is DC’s opportunity to step outside of Bones’s shadow.

He deserves the chance.

You make absolutely no sense, whats your point in saying Cormier got beat by a LHW? He got beat by the best LHW fighter on the planet. Jones is better than every single HW on the UFC roster so what does Cormier have to be ashamed of for losing to Jones?

And no Comier didn't get his ass kicked, he simply lost and not because he was dominated.

Cormier went Undefeated at HW before he stepped down to LHW to challenge Jones, hell I have no doubt Cormier would have already been the HW champ already if he didn't move down to LHW.

He's the Strikeforce HW tournament champion AND the LHW champ.

He can have a shot at the HW belt whenever he damn chooses.

AND I'm a huge Jones fan.
You can be a fan of both without hating on DC.

Cormier on steroids easily beats a clean Jones. No doubt. So wtf you talking about. We never got to see who's the better fighter because Jones was afraid to fight clean lol

He might not be on a winning streak but he has done enough in his career to make it fair for him to get a chance. I remember when he moved down to LHW for that asshole Velasquez who then pretty much never fought again. I'll always wonder how his career would have went down if he did not move down there. This match with Stipe is the closest we'll get to finding out.

Both divisions are lacking any real contenders atm so It isn't a big deal to me. Besides DC had a good track record against other top HW's

Bones is a habitual cheater, eye poked every guy he's ever fought, probably juiced during every fight too, got popped twice after USADA. You see that recent photo of him with a fan, looks deflated, for fucks sake even the little girl had bigger legs than him. DC shouldn't have to wait for anything. Who knows when Jones might fight again and how long it will take for him to get into fighting shape. Should the entire UFC wait for him...? The UFC learned a hard lesson from Connor, playing the waiting game fucked up two of their divisions and guys were sitting around having to fight for bullshit interim titles while he was out there playing grab ass in the park getting ready to making his final cash out with Mayweather. Took him like 3 years to get stripped, thank my god that the UFC stripped Bones immediately rather than waiting for the trial and shit.

The only way for Bones to redeem himself is to go on the Renato Laranja show.

Another one of those this fight makes no sense but i'm not going to say what does make a lot more sense threads.You're probably crying about the potential Wiedman/Whittaker match up too.So,let's hear what makes so much more sense..

Back