Who had a tougher UFC run? GSP or Whittaker

I blame Edmund tbh. He got much worse when he moved there. Browne too.
he was at reign but they closed down and i thought he went to kings. pretty sure he sucked while he was at kings. then he went to glendale and that was a place for losers

Maybe ranking wise they are better but I think both would beat Conor. I didn't have any doubts about GSP and Bisping.
gsp has also always been a true goat. he completely wrecked his divisionand for years people asked him to move up to fight silva. its like conor moving from featherweight to lightweight

Romero alone is a tougher opponent than any of the toughest opponents that GSP has faced in his career at WW. He's got top notch wrestling, devastating KO power, super explosive.

Romero is more dangerous at MW than Hughes, BJ Penn, Hendricks, Condit, etc., at WW.

You mean when you cherry pick names and leave out others?

There's a reason GSP is regarded as GOAT by most MMA publications and ranking sites.

There will always be naysayers and doubters, but when confronted with facts, they're brought down

Well, here's a fact that can't be brought down.

When it was time for them to fight each other, GSP ran for his fkn life

Sorry, but your goat is a duck

How many current/former champs does Rob have wins over?

Romero alone is a tougher opponent than any of the toughest opponents that GSP has faced in his career at WW. He's got top notch wrestling, devastating KO power, super explosive.

Romero is more dangerous at MW than Hughes, BJ Penn, Hendricks, Condit, etc., at WW.

And yet he couldn't beat a WW reject with a torn knee? He is very overrated around here.

gsp has also always been a true goat. he completely wrecked his divisionand for years people asked him to move up to fight silva. its like conor moving from featherweight to lightweight
No it's not. Conor went up against RDA. RDA pulled out 2 weeks before so he fought Nate on short notice. then he lost but it was the highest selling pvp ever so they did it again and that was even higher. Then he fought Eddie Alvarez right away and won't th title. GSP waited 4 years to find a fight then needed 9 months to prepare for it.

Very true. He couldn't finish Dan Hardy who was like a Joe Lauzon at WW.

TS has a point. As good as GSP is he never had to deal with true explosiveness like Whittaker has.

You mean to tell me that high level middle weights punch harder than Welterweights and are more dangerous than Welterweights?

GSP has fought

Matt Hughes
BJ Penn
Koscheck
Diaz
Condit Hendricks

Good compeition.

Whitiker has fought

Wonderboy
Uriah Hall
Derek Brunson
Jacare
Yoel
And soon to be Rockhold.

All of those guys are big black and scary!!! I say Rob had a tougher run.

GSP only fought one guy in his life that doesn’t have a Wikipedia page, Whittaker fought 8

GSP WINS!

Obviously Whittaker. Everyone on his list destroys everyone on GSP's.

Wonderboy, Jacare, Yoel and Rockhold beat Hughes, Penn, Koscheck, Diaz, Condit and Hendricks with ease.

Hall is a little more average, but he should beat them all too. If we're talking P4P, Whittaker's opposition is still better [With the exception of Hughes].

Timing is everything. At the time of his wins... GSP stands alone for now.

Not to say Whittaker wont surpass that ... to defend his belt he'll have to

Let’s not forget Serra made gsp tap to strikes.
Let's not forget bobby whitaker got triangle choked by a 10-12 journeyman in 3 minutes hoon kim
let's not forget whitaker lost a decision to court journeyman mcgee
let;s not forget whittaker got knocked the fuck out by a welterweight in wonderboy
lets not forget he got beat up by another journeyman jesse juarez

You know when you try to discredit a fighter, it works both ways right? I'll take tapping to serra in a championship fight over losing to the fleet of garbage whitaker has lost to. #Justsayin

if youre going to use a fighters lowest point to define their career fine, but bobby whitaker loses this battle by a country mile if thats the criteria.

Imagine Jake Ellenburger 2 years from now fills in for GSP and gets the WW strap from Woodley with a left hook Larry. Then Conor decides to come out of retirement and get his 3rd belt. That is what GSP did to MW

??? Im sorry didnt realise Eddy Alvarez was such a dominant champion.

The only 2 division champion who fought a harder fight was Penn when he beat Hughes.

I dont see how people think Bisping was a lesser champion than Eddie and Big Tim. Or how Andy gets praise with his win over Forrest Griffin and critisize GSP for his win over Bisping.

Seems like GSP hurt a lot of butts on here.

GSP had to get through Hughes nuff said

hi-res-76dbf95e4847603ee28847f9995235ab_crop_exact.jpg
robert-whittaker-ufc-213.jpeg

GSP has the better body of work but indont think he ever fought three guys back to back as good as Yoel, Jacare, then Rockhold.

But GSP has Hughes, Penn, Condit, Serra, Sherk, Hendricks, Fitch, Kos, Alves, Shields and Bisping. Thats a pretty fucking great resume.

Some of those guys are still fighting or continued on after he beat them for too long and looked bad, but that shouldnt take away from the fact theybwere beasts when he beat them.

So Romero who has never held a title is a tougher opponent than 4 former champions???

Yes, he is bigger than all of them, but that is why we have weight classes.

Feel stupid for having posted in this troll thread.

Back