• Anderson Silva

• Chris Weidman

• BJ Penn

• Tony Ferguson

• Chuck Liddell

• Tyron Woodley

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Penn got up and actually beat the fuck out of the fatty that cheap shotted him, while having him mounted.
A.Silva- was the undeniable goat during his peak to losing to Jake Paul at the end.
Penn going from LW Goat to getting KO’d by a fatty outside a bar is a close 2nd.

A focused motivated all in on training bj pen would be able to fight in three weight classes and hold the belts. It’s Why people think so much of him who seen his career. His record is nothing to the fighter he was and could have been.

Anderson had the excuse of the broken leg

I voted Tony, because he went from a great winning streak to losing extremely bad.
I should have voted BJ Penn.
But still, BJ lost to Nick, Rory, Frankie, Yair and Ryan Hall... all legit fighters, some bigger than him and Hall with a very good submission game. Two decisions vs Siver and Guida.
Until the leg breaking, Chris lost only to top competition.
Silva was also just objectively old when he actually started losing and even though he lost a boxing match to Paul he was about 10 years older than Woodley was and didn’t get finished either.

Tyron's pretty bad though. Seemed as much mental as it was physical
He was my vote as well. In the space of a couple years he went from being talked about as the guy to potentially surpass GSP at WW to getting knocked out cold by Jake Paul.

Reactions: HHJ
BJ was beating up middlewights. Imagine khabib kicking Izzy's ass, that's exactly what BJ was doing.

Before his loss against edgar, he had the most dominant light weight championship run I have ever seen. The guy was untouchable.

He went from that, too a punching bag

Anthony rumble johnson & stephan bonnar
<DCrying>
Stephan literally saved the UFC with one of the most epic fights i ever saw.
and rumble had p4p one of the greatest resurgences ...He went from a good fighter
to a MONSTER not a better fighter BUT A MONSTER ! who tf does that. imagine izzy bulking up to heavy weight
and knocking mofos out like francis.

so To REMEMBER them from how they started their Peaks,
to seeing their last days was super depressing...

Stephan just by saving the UFC should of had a solidified spot in the ufc head quarters, getting a 7 figure payday
annually... seeing him drugged up, house being burned to the ground,
i think he lost his gym too, was super sad

we should be getting this NOW
1701166782417.png1701166736052.png
rumble should be boxing or doing crossover big fights with the ufc or PFL.
He should be facing Francis or jones for a 7 figure bag. or imagine anthony vs alex for the
205 belt.... what if izzy moved up izzy vs anthony rumble.....Man....

<RomeroSalute><2>

Last edited:
Man, BJ Penn went from the ranks of Fedor, GSP, and Anderson…

To getting KOd by street bums.

It’s just insane. Dude was one of the most feared fighters in his prime.

BJ FK’d his opponents up and licked their blood off his gloves…

BJ and Tyron for sure.

Anderson was still mostly competitive during his downfall. He didn't have any really embarrassing losses.

Weidman's fall was really bad, but he wasn't being talked about as a potential GOAT candidate in the same way Tyron and BJ were. The same goes for Liddell and Tony. Tony, I actually don't think is as shocking either. Even during Tony's long win streak, he was still getting hurt often in fights and almost losing. Some of prime Tony's best wins came about simply by outlasting his opponents and getting a finish after he had been losing already. In comparison, Tyron was totally dominant in pretty much all of his fights.

I voted Tyron, simply because he's the one guy on the list who at one point was being talked about as the GOAT welterweight by countless people. People on here were making threads constantly about how he was better than GSP. Then one day he lost... then he continued to lose, and suddenly no one even mentions him as a GOAT contender. With the rest of these guys, even after their downfall, people still hold the prime versions of them in high regard. People acknowledge that Anderson is still the GOAT middleweight despite his downfall. People acknowledge that BJ is still one of the best ever despite what happened after. People acknowledge that prime Tony was a handful for anyone to deal with. But pretty much no one talks about Tyron anymore when talking about the best.

I think this probably goes to Silva, went from being GOAT contender to unable to beat anyone.

Penn had a pretty brutal down fall too.

Ferguson (although not done yet), Liddell, Weidman, Woodley, and I’m sure I’m missing some others.

Who do you think had the worst downfall from grace in mma?
Lol at no Conor.

BJ was beating up middlewights. Imagine khabib kicking Izzy's ass, that's exactly what BJ was doing.

Before his loss against edgar, he had the most dominant light weight championship run I have ever seen. The guy was untouchable.

He went from that, too a punching bag
By the time of the UFC LW title run as well BJ was very significantly shop worn, he'd been an elite MMA fighter since 2001.

Size wise as well BJ wasnt your typical modern fighter who goes from heavy cutting in one class to being normal sized or very slightly small in a higher class, he really was far smaller than people like Hughes and GSP not to mention Machida.

BJ's big mistake for me was not signing for Pride when he left the UFC, spending some of his prime years fighting much larger guys in relatively unimportant matches when he could have been in the Pride LW division at its peak.

Sup Mr Fox, how's things going with you sir?
Funny u ask, I just got covid for the first time a few days ago :( Basically just a flu tho, but have a bit of cabin fever atm

And u? How's chief Lemur these days?

Funny u ask, I just got covid for the first time a few days ago :( Basically just a flu tho, but have a bit of cabin fever atm

And u? How's chief Lemur these days?
Fuckin Covid huh?
That sucks brother.
I know someone that has that right now too.
Hope you feel better, and get out of the house it'll help your mental state sir.

Me and the wife been busy with the house, had a 100 year old clay drain pipe break in my yard.
Apparently over a hundred years this happens
I don't know exactly wtf that is but it smelled like 1oo dumps lol
IMG_20231113_124938.jpg

Thats a 6 inch pipe, and this piece is called a house trap.
They don't even make these anymore.

So it was used before houses had the bent pipe under the sinks called traps.

There's a level of water that sits in there and prevents sewer gases from going back in the house.
Thats all done in the house nowadays.
IMG_20231128_103502_01.jpg

Cost us a bit to fix it but what a fuckin nightmare.

Out of the guys from that list, I voted for BJ Penn, but had Renan Barao been in there it would have been him.
It's crazy what happened to him, "the Baron" went from FW GOAT who had just dethroned the previous FW King in Urijah Faber twice in WEC
He and José Aldo were the reason that team Nova Uniao became such a massive deal

He was the kind of "total package" guy that looked like he was going to reign for a long time. BJJ BB with

He then lost to TJ, and the first fight was a huge upset at the time, a massive one
Barao was a -1000 favorite, and Dillashaw a +650 underdog. Then b00m
T.J. Dillashaw TKO's Renan Barao at UFC 173 .gif | MMA NationT.J. Dillashaw TKO's Renan Barao at UFC 173 .gif | MMA Nation
&
UFC on Fox 16: TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao IIUFC on Fox 16: TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II

after the Dillashaw loss, Barao went 2-10 in his next 12, while struggling to make weight the whole time.

And unlike Chuck or Anderson who kept fighting solid competition during their downfalls, Barao lost to some dudes at the tail end that I didn't even know existed

But hey, Barao also won some grappling bouts in 2023, at this event apparently, but the video is 11 hours long and the order of the bouts isn't even listed on the IBJJF official website

Good for him, but if anyone finds out when Barao's match happens, please let us know

Earlier this year, he also talked about how he and Charles Oliveira had agreed to have a no-gi grappling match at a BJJ Stars event, but so far nothing, and it's been 4 months since the announcement...

Wait what? Who did Penn ever beat at MW that would be good enough to qualify as a Khabib/Izzy situation?

Back