who has shared the cage/ring with the most talent?

Beat me to it and with a more complete line-up as well. Probably the least talented fighter to have such a complete resume. Usually you have to be the top-dog to get to fight the other top-dogs, but Hunt did it with a 13-14-record.

Nah. He has a 13-14 record because he fought these guys, and most of them were on PEDs while Hunt never failed a drug test.

Nobody makes it through that list unscathed.

I'd give it to Hendo. He fought so many legendary fighters in multiple orgs and multiple weight classes.

I’ve always thought Jon vs DC 1 was the highest level fight in UFC history.

He has a 13-14 record because he fought these guys...

Obviously, but most fighters don't get to fight the top-names over and over again, if they aren't at the very top. Mark Hunt got to fight that much talent without ever looking like a contender himself (except possibly very early on in Pride).

Obviously, but most fighters don't get to fight the top-names over and over again, if they aren't at the very top. Mark Hunt got to fight that much talent without ever looking like a contender himself (except possibly very early on in Pride).

Yeah..I guess in-ring charisma had a lot to do with it. He was never interested in drama and simply loved fighting. If he won, he often won in spectacular underdog fashion. He's kind of like Nate Diaz in that sense.

At some point Hunt was getting 750k per fight, which is a lot even for a champion (which he never was).

Travis Fulton, just based on volume alone. I mean he has had 300 fights lol.

Rafael dos Anjos fought 1) Usman, 2) Khabib, 3) Covington, 4) Cerrone, 5) Pettis, 6) Diaz, 7) Edwards, 8) Benson, 9) Ferguson, 10) Lawler, 11) Alvarez, 12) Stephens, and most importantly 13) Kevin “Holes” Lee

I think Chael edges out Hendo by having fought Jones. Hendo is comfortably at #2.

Last edited:
Sonnen fought Fedor, Silva and Jones. Machida, Rampage, Wandy, Ortiz, Rua, Bisping, Maia, Stann, Marquardt, Okami, Dan & Jason Miller, Filho, Griffin, Oleynik, Horn, Prangley, Sobral & Gono. He is the only one that fought Fedor, Silva and Jones, I think. Though Hendo did grapple Jones in a cage and fought Silva and Fedor.

Last edited:
Sharing the cage? Bruce Buffer, probably.

Definitely Chael

Silva x2
Jones
Machida
Rampage
Tito
Wand
Shogun
Bisping
Maia
Forrest

Couture, Arlovski, JDS, Hendo, Hunt, Vitor, Jeremy Horn, Cerrone, Mir etc..

Definitely Chael

Silva x2
Jones
Machida
Rampage
Tito
Wand
Shogun
Bisping
Maia
Forrest

I’ve gotta go with Henderson.

If we don’t count when they fought (and perhaps even if we do) Chael has the best top three of anyone, for sure, in Fedor, Jones and Anderson.

But Henderson has Fedor, Anderson and Cormier, which is worse than Jones obviously but not oceans worse.

He also has, in common with Chael, Wanderei, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Bisping, Babalu and Gono.

So let’s compare the rest....

Chael:

Forrest
Tito
Maia
Marquardt
Okami
Olenyk
Filho
Stann
Horn

Hendo:

Big Nog
Vitor
Mousasi
Franklin
Little Nog
Arona
Shields
Bustamante
Lombard
Yvel
Newton
Renzo
Nakamura, etc.

Henderson’s uncommon opponents (sans Jones) are a clear notch above in quantity and quality. I also think, to the extent that it matters for this exercise, that Chael got the weaker version of almost all their common opponents, piling up a bunch of big names in his post-UFC career based on his late career marketability. For example, Hendo faced Wanderlei, Rampage and even Bisping as champions, and he caught Fedor and Machida much closer to their primes.

Back