Who here is afraid of their father?

My dad was not a good man, but later on he did try really hard to become one and for the most part succeeded before he died.

I think he could've beaten me in a fistfight until 65 or so. He loved to fight in his younger days.
Who would win in a fight, you vs dad both at fighting prime age

Im not talking some asshole who beat you, or whatever. I Am talking a good man, who you actually respect.

My dad, who is probably 5 inches shorter than me and I have a 100 pounds on? He kicked my ass the one time we fought. As in, he actually beat my ass into the ground.
My dad also has taken every single rifle I have bought, shot them, and went "meh, ive shot better" after hitting targets at 700+ yards on the first shot.

I am, to this day, deathly afraid of that man. But he is also my dad, who I know would move mountains for me, and given the choice would end entire family lines.

But god dammit, that man still scares the hell out of me.

Best part: He looks like your average midwestern small farm grandpa.
Oh, well, nevermind

<{ByeHomer}>

At our best?

My dad would kick my ass. Every time. I wont even pretend, even in his 80s that man is pure farmer. The fact that I even once pretended I could go at it with him is laughable now.

Edit: If you know where I am, you can find pictures of my dad online. He never looks like much, but you can tell he will fuck you up.

I respect the shit out of my real father, I have learned so much from him and I am definitely a better parent and more patient father and husband because of the example he set. I don't fear him. I simply have no reason to. He never hit me, never had to, but still did a great job of instilling values and respect.

My biological father can go fuck himself.
He wasn't dead yet last time I checked and neither was his cunt 2nd wife.
I don't fear him. But for different reasons. I would have jumped at the chance to fight him any time from about age 14 on but we were mostly estranged by then and I have not seen the man or spoken to him since around 2006 or so.

My dad would win for sure.

Dude was a prison guard in Vietnam, had to keep hundreds of dudes in line with only a stick. Also moved around a lot as a kid so he always had to fight. Plus he had a younger brother so he had to fight anyone that picked on him.

Even older, he was quick to throw hands. I never saw him actually fight but I did see him step to guys and say let's go, only to have the other guy back down.

VS me, who has a few months of TKD and a few months of BJJ training.

My father is dead. When he was alive he never put his hands on me but also was a pushover to my mom. He never gave me a reason to be afraid of him. He was about the same size as I am today. I don't know who would win in a fight between us in our primes but I am definitely stronger when it comes to dealing with women in relationships. I respect him when it comes to being a dad but I definitely do not respect the degree to which he was subservient to my mom. I would never date anyone who treated me the way my mom treated my dad.

my father is bipolar and has bizarre adult temper tantrums. as a young child, my mom would lock us in the bathroom while he was having one of his tantrums.

in the back of my head, i've always been worried about him shooting up a family gathering. yes, i'm afraid of him.

my dad loves and just wants the best for me, him and my mom sacrificed a lot for me and my brother and they achieved a lot in their lives. i am just scared of letting them down.

My dad was a marine wounded in Vietnam. I would have beat the piss out of him in his prime.

I fear my father, he has quite a temper and he pulled a knife at me once. So I fear his temper, but I can kick his ass no problem.

I'd be terrified if my dad walked in the room right now.

He's been dead for 15 years, so it would mean the zombie apocalypse has begun, and I'm not prepared.

I don't live with him anymore, he has a new family and I think that his wife and daughter, plus the fact that he retired early, really mellowed him out.

In his prime? Physically? An absolute monster.
Mentally? His career revolved around him being a huge schemer.

I'm not scared of him because I'm his son, we get on well, rarely see eachother and I'm not a threat to him. If I had to deal with him, however? I wouldn't have a chance, unless I took him out completely and hop on the next boat to Calais.

Back