Who Hits Harder: Gaethje or Poirier?

Don’t make false statements kiddo.
Cute, kid.
Charles lost to Cowboy in August 2011.
It has been over 10 years since. Bring up something relevant, or I accept you have no argument..

Justin hits harder, faster, is more fluent and doesn't load up.
Dustin has much more tools though..

I think Gaethje but I'm not lining up to be hit by either of these fuckers

Gaethje. He's more accurate, throws more punches and has more knockout victories. I think Gaethje is a worse matchup for Olives because of his chin+KO power+TDD.

nwV2efD.png

tumblr_pphy03rsrt1rofocqo1_500.gifv

DecisiveMealyGerbil-max-1mb.gif

As someone who likes Porier, he should retire soon..

Get out while he's still fresh, seems like he's doing alright money wise..

If he keeps going into the torture chamber with those elite lightweights, it's going to take away from his quality of life..

Justin on fight night weighs the same as a lot of FWs, meanwhile Doostin is one of the biggest weight cutters at LW, so the weight might play a role and give the edge to Doostin.

P4P I think Gaethje hits harder, though. Guys seem to react differently to his punches whereas Doostin kind of smoothly piles on before they go down. But I don't know, could just be close.

A few shots from Justin usually change the course of a fight. I think this happened with Khabib as well. Where he usually uses a more grinding methodical approach i think he felt threatened by Justin and wanted him out of there. Charles just has so many weapons, like baiting him to the ground while hurt. This will be like a masters exam for Trevor to gameplan. It will be interesting. I see it being 50/50

That has to be the strangest referee stoppage ever. Somehow misses Justin tapping about SIX times in TWO separate sequences, but also recognizes that Justin has gone out immediately. Of course, he shouldn't have let it get to that point in the first place! :)

Pure power it's Gaethje, but Dustin is more accurate and probably the overall better boxer.
I guess we won't know that for sure though until they rematch.

As someone who likes Porier, he should retire soon..

Get out while he's still fresh, seems like he's doing alright money wise..

If he keeps going into the torture chamber with those elite lightweights, it's going to take away from his quality of life..
Why would a guy retire in his early 30s when he's making a TON of money and is beating everyone in the division except for the two most dominant grapplers, one of which is already retired, and the other one he's only fought once and could get a rematch against? Also, he didn't even get hit that much in his last fight, and he took the shots that landed well. Certainly better than the other guy took his shots.

Why would a guy retire in his early 30s when he's making a TON of money and is beating everyone in the division except for the two most dominant grapplers, one of which is already retired, and the other one he's only fought once and could get a rematch against? Also, he didn't even get hit that much in his last fight, and he took the shots that landed well. Certainly better than the other guy took his shots.

I see your point, especially if he can wing a 4th Conor fight.

Justin by a hair when it comes to punching power, he's clearly the more powerful kicker, especially with leg kicks

probably Gaethje but not by a wide margin, Olive oil showed real good durability and heart in that Dustin fight so i would say the determining factor wouldn't be Justin's power but his ability to not get subbed

Cute, kid.
Charles lost to Cowboy in August 2011.
It has been over 10 years since. Bring up something relevant, or I accept you have no argument..
What argument? I’m disputing your claim they only had a single common opponent. It would be a different story if you said only one common opponent recently (which still isn’t true), but you didn’t. Just accept you’re wrong.

Probably Justin, but I think Porter is much better when he has people hurt at swarming

Gaethje. But Poirier is more technical. DoBronx being more technical than Porier but slightly less power.
More technical because he throws a pretty left hook or because he throws more variety? He definitely isn't a better tactician or more defensively sound than Poirier, so I just wanted to know how you came to that conclusion.

More technical because he throws a pretty left hook or because he throws more variety? He definitely isn't a better tactician or more defensively sound than Poirier, so I just wanted to know how you came to that conclusion.

I think Poirier is more technical because he throws more variety and isn't a wild/throw caution to the wind striker.

Gaethje is less technical, but more power and tends to just bite his mouthpiece, dip his head down and swang/bang/throw caution to the wind.

Back