• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is a more complete striker: Overeem or Conor McGregor?

I'd say Conor is more talented with his hands but Overeem is a more complete striker hands down.

I dont recall him throwing many kicks at all in his recent fights. Conor has better kicks as well imo. He won K1 about 6 years ago, because of an easy draw, so he can't live off that reputation forever. He is a much more passive striker in mma.
Fuck you man. He just dropped Arlovski with a flying front kick in his last fight. He landed huuuuge body kicks on Nelson.

Seriously OP, didn't you made the same thread a couple of weeks ago? Overeem is the more complete striker and it shouldn't even be up for discussion (yes, not even on a mma discussion board). The only people who really believe that Conor is a more complete striker then Overeem don't know Overeem or are suckling on Conors balls.

Conor has some flash kicks that he doesn't do damage with. And in the Diaz fight he threw a couple of legkicks (against a guy known for not checking them) and all of a sudden people are thinking his the best leg kicker in the UFC. OP, Connor insane kicks, get out of here.

You need good boxing for his slip of the jab followed up by the counter which koed him. Don't try to sound smart, because you clearly don't know shit about boxing lmao.

An inside slip? Yeah, you need years and years of boxing to be able to achieve something like that, idiot.

Overeem of course, his round kicks to different levels are all better than Conor's, he has some nice boxing too, not the best, but still very good. Econoreem is in the top 4 strikers in mma.

Out of a purely technical standpoint McGregor has better hands but Overeems kicks and knees are way better.

Overeem is far more complete. You won't see Reem throwing insane boxing combinations, but he's a great counter puncher and his fight IQ is very high. Until he gasses, lol.

Anyway, Overeem can win fights without throwing a single punch and he can win fights without throwing a single kick. They aren't in the same league.

Conor has better hands, Reem has better kicks.

I would say Conor is better overall though as he can fight going forward and is the best counter puncher in MMA.

An inside slip? Yeah, you need years and years of boxing to be able to achieve something like that, idiot.
Yeah you actually do need a long time to do it so well. Such an ignorant imbecile lmao.

Conor has better hands, Reem has better kicks.

I would say Conor is better overall though as he can fight going forward and is the best counter puncher in MMA.
You would though

Overeem is far more complete. You won't see Reem throwing insane boxing combinations, but he's a great counter puncher and his fight IQ is very high. Until he gasses, lol.

Anyway, Overeem can win fights without throwing a single punch and he can win fights without throwing a single kick. They aren't in the same league.

If hes far more complete why he did he knocked out by the likes of travis, bigfoot and rothwell?

That's kickboxing. There's a reason why Badr Hari does kickboxing. Overeem's boxing skill is not that great. Get over it.
Yeah I forgot that better striking is only boxing lol.

I've also forgotten that a man with only a left hand is a great boxer. A man with zero right hand, barely throws any hooks, uppercuts etc.

Conor gets hit a whole lot for a "great" boxer.

Yeah you actually do need a long time to do it so well. Such an ignorant imbecile lmao.

Has a boxer for an AV, still doesn't know shit about boxing. What else is new on sherdog?

You shouldn't even have to ask this. Overeem probably has the best knees in MMA and his kicks are right up there as well, his hands are his weakest area standing and he might still have the best hands at HW.

Overeem's boxing excellent? You must be high. Overeem is more well rounded than Conor but his boxing skills are much better than Overeem.

Are you saying Overeem's boxing isn't excellent? He just whooped Arlovski and JDS who are two of the best strikers at HW especially with their hands and they both got taken out with punches. Who has Conor beat that has striking on that level other than Aldo?

Conor has better boxing, Reem better overall striking.

Back