• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is a more complete striker: Overeem or Conor McGregor?

Pure striking? AO easily but he gets blown a kiss and falls over.

Badri Hari is known more for his hands than his kicks, Conor has never beaten anyone at his level or Andrei's or JDS's in terms of striking. I don't get why you are assuming Conor's boxing is better when he gets hit much more and isn't as accurate. He's got a better chin for his weight class but in terms of offense and defense I don't think he's as good as Overeem with his hands.
So Aldo is not at JDS's or Andrei's level of striking? And once again, kick boxers hands aren't great at all, it's pretty well known. Badri Hari would get wrecked in boxing. Pretty sure he hasnt even attempted pro boxing if I'm not mistaken. Conor gets hit a lot because FW can't hurt him. He'll take a shot to put a finishing shot on his opponent.

So Aldo is not at JDS's or Andrei's level of striking? And once again, kick boxers hands aren't great at all, it's pretty well known. Badri Hari would get wrecked in boxing. Pretty sure he hasnt even attempted pro boxing if I'm not mistaken. Conor gets hit a lot because FW can't hurt him. He'll take a shot to put a finishing shot on his opponent.

Aldo is the only one. Overeem has fought more high level strikers than Conor has and is far more proven. And you don't think Conor would? LMAO. Conor wouldn't do nearly as well as Badri Hari in boxing.

Conor got hit at WW a lot too.

Overeem has the advantage on striking accuracy, having beaten more high level strikers and on defense, Conor's chin is much better relative to his division though but that's not striking that's ability to take damage.

Aldo is the only one. Overeem has fought more high level strikers than Conor has and is far more proven. And you don't think Conor would? LMAO. Conor wouldn't do nearly as well as Badri Hari in boxing.

Conor got hit at WW a lot too.

Overeem has the advantage on striking accuracy, having beaten more high level strikers and on defense, Conor's chin is much better relative to his division though but that's not striking that's ability to take damage.
He got hit a lot against a guy who throws a huge volume of punches. With these gloves, there's only so much you can block and avoid. And I think both Conor and Badri would get wrecked in boxing. The idea that kick boxers have good boxing, well, I suggest you get that thought out your head. Conor has better boxing than Overeem. Alistair has the better striking overall.

You clearly dont know your kickboxing because K-1 is all about the manlet divisions nowadays.

Also, K-1 Max....
I actually forgot about it. Cuz it's the little fella division.

Like children's soccer in the local park. Compared to MLS.

He got hit a lot against a guy who throws a huge volume of punches. With these gloves, there's only so much you can block and avoid. And I think both Conor and Badri would get wrecked in boxing. The idea that kick boxers have good boxing, well, I suggest you get that thought out your head. Conor has better boxing than Overeem. Alistair has the better striking overall.

Conor gets hit way more often(I think it's funny how at FW it's cause he doens't respect their power and Nate only hit him a lot cause he's a high volume striker, what happens when he fights a LW that isn't Nate and gets hit a lot?) than Overeem and his accuracy is lower and he hasn't finished as many top strikers with his hands as Overeem has, Conor might have better hands but with what we know Overeem looks to have better hands. Conor wouldn't even be top 15 if he had a chin like Overeem's relative to his division.

Not all kickboxers are the same, you need to get that thought out of your head, some kick boxers are known more for their hands, Badr Hari is one of them.

Last edited:
Conor gets hit way more often than Overeem and his accuracy is lower and he hasn't finished as many top strikers with his hands as Overeem has, Conor might have better hands but with what we know Overeem looks to have better hands. Conor wouldn't even be top 15 if he had a chin like Overeem's relative to his division.

Not all kickboxers are the same, you need to get that thought out of your head, some kick boxers are known more for their hands, Badr Hari is one of them.
I grew up in a boxing gym, boxed from age 7-16. Maybe I sound like a boxing snob but I every time I see kick boxers, I can't help but to think how bad their boxing technique is. No matter how much they're known for their hands, their boxing is not good. I'd love to see something written by a reputable writer stating that isn't the case. And yes Conor does get hit more than Overeem but that has more to do with their divisions. Conor has a chin, Overeem doesn't. He can't afford to take the shots that Conor takes.

I grew up in a boxing gym, boxed from age 7-16. Maybe I sound like a boxing snob but I every time I see kick boxers, I can't help but to think how bad their boxing technique is. No matter how much they're known for their hands, their boxing is not good. I'd love to see something written by a reputable writer stating that isn't the case. And yes Conor does get hit more than Overeem but that has more to do with their divisions. Conor has a chin, Overeem doesn't. He can't afford to take the shots that Conor takes.

You can't kick box like a boxer though, they are different sports with different ranges due to what is or is not allowed, just like how you can't box in MMA like a boxer, in boxing guys are in clinches all the time and don't have to worry about takedowns or kicks or knees and they can block with big ass gloves, there are way too many differences too look it the way you are.

No, Conor gets hit more because his defense isn't as good. Conor is just able to take more punishment at FW/LW than Overeem can at LHW/HW, being able to take more punishment doesn't make your boxing better. Boxing is a skill where as chin is more of an innate attribute that you really don't have control over.

Look at Sakuraba vs Rubin Williams, boxing, MMA and kickboxing are very different and the fighters in those sports fight differently due to what they can or cannot do in their sports.

Rubin Williams was a pretty decent pro boxer and he got beat up by an old Sakuraba simply because he couldn't handle someone kicking him and lost quickly after it hit the mat.

Comparing what a kickboxer is doing in a kickboxing match to what a boxer is doing in a boxing match is silly.

You can't kick box like a boxer though, they are different sports with different ranges due to what is or is not allowed, just like how you can't box in MMA like a boxer, in boxing guys are in clinches all the time and don't have to worry about takedowns or kicks or knees and they can block with big ass gloves, there are way too many differences too look it the way you are.

No, Conor gets hit more because his defense isn't as good. Conor is just able to take more punishment at FW/LW than Overeem can at LHW/HW, being able to take more punishment doesn't make your boxing better. Boxing is a skill where as chin is more of an innate attribute that you really don't have control over.

Look at Sakuraba vs Rubin Williams, boxing, MMA and kickboxing are very different and the fighters in those sports fight differently due to what they can or cannot do in their sports.

Rubin Williams was a pretty decent pro boxer and he got beat up by an old Sakuraba simply because he couldn't handle someone kicking him and lost quickly after it hit the mat.

Comparing what a kickboxer is doing in a kickboxing match to what a boxer is doing in a boxing match is silly.
Again, there's a reason why they're in kickboxing and not in boxing. Seriously.

I think the K-1 Grand Prix champion is the better striker

Overeem is a K1 champ.

dismount from Conor's dick, please.

Again, there's a reason why they're in kickboxing and not in boxing. Seriously.

Most top kickboxers come from Holland or the surrounding areas that have a tradition of kickboxing. It's not as simple as you're making it seem, there are other reasons. Seriously, think more.

Most top kickboxers come from Holland or the surrounding areas that have a tradition of kickboxing. It's not as simple as you're making it seem, there are other reasons. Seriously, think more.
I can't help you if you think kick boxers are anywhere near boxers in boxing skill level. I mean, you should try thinking more.

3EAKx8vv6Gqke8ydJS.gif

I dont recall him throwing many kicks at all in his recent fights. Conor has better kicks as well imo. He won K1 about 6 years ago, because of an easy draw, so he can't live off that reputation forever. He is a much more passive striker in mma.
You think Conor has better kicks than Overeem?

Overeem is more complete when it comes to stand up fighting.

Overeem man. He's a very complete complete striker, who now does oblique kicks. Conor has nothing for him.

Easy answer: Overeem.

How can Overeems boxing be excellent when he has no jab, and no combinations, and throws about 5 punches a round? His boxing is crap, he just relies on his size and power, it makes me laugh how so many believe he has great hands. Conor is leagues better.

His hands are good enough to put his opponents to sleep with a few punches. He's at least as good as Conor with punching.

Coupled with the rest of his striking arsenal, and his much more impressive power, and his world championship belt in striking, he's easily the better, more complete striker.

Back