Who is the 2022 Ricardo Arona?

What is bizarre is that the Gracies invented bjj so a weaker man can beat a stronger man but nowadays every top bjj guy is juiced out of their mind. Maia is the only exception I can think of.

What is bizarre is that the Gracies invented bjj so a weaker man can beat a stronger man but nowadays every top bjj guy is juiced out of their mind. Maia is the only exception I can think of.
Yeah, most grappling competitors are built like tanks. Which is why I wonder if mma guys can cross over and dominate today. Back when Arona, Kerr, etc enjoyed success in both. They were also the best athlete in both. Todays mma guys (at least in the eye test) look weaker than those Juiced monsters.

Ricardo Arona for those that don’t know is more than the guy who ended Wands run, bangs 10s on beaches while surfing and is featured in where is Ricardo Arona threads.

Arona is also the most dominant submission grappler in mma history. He won multiple ADCCs and in fact never even had a single point scored on him. Something no other high level grappler can claim.

Of all the guys in mma today: who can go into the grappling world and dominate those beasts so easily today?

khazmat? Bones? Usman? Balydes? Islam? Khabib (retired)?

“In submission wrestling, he holds an undefeated record of 13–0, never losing a single point in a match, and is a four-time ADCC Champion.[2]These achievements are what led to Arona being part of the inaugural class inducted into the ADCC Hall of Fame.[3] He has notable wins in both MMA and submission grappling competition over Tito Ortiz, Jeff Monson, Renato Sobral, Vitor Belfort, Mark Kerr, Kazushi Sakuraba, Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem, Murilo Rua, Jeremy Horn, Guy Mezger, and Dean Lister.”

What was the origin of the whole "banging 10s on the beach" part?

After PRIDE folded most of the stars ended up in the UFC but every 6 months or so there was an “Arona update” thread showing him surfing, 10s hanging all over him, and then a quote about him considering his options and looking into signing a contract.

5zg9QQBSyoc1CYGUA
For example

Guy had ultra heavy leg kicks too. Super stiff with his head on the center line, so not exactly polished on the feet. But those leg kicks were heavy as well.

Ya, I always remember him being super upright and super stiff with his standup. Chin straight up

WandArona-2.jpg

Arona-e1580550653309-1216x0-c-default.jpg

Never got KOed on the feet in a striking exchange somehow.
Probably because unlike most Brazilians he had pretty strong wrestling you had to contend with. Go too hard for his chin and he was getting you down.

I loved PRIDE fighting. I'm glad that they didn't care about who was injecting what anabolic into their ass.

Probably because unlike most Brazilians he had pretty strong wrestling you had to contend with. Go too hard for his chin and he was getting you down.
Remy Soko KOd him

After prdie got bought by ufc. Arona was no where to be seen, only updates and pics that ever came out after were all of him looking TST and surfing or just chilling on the beach.

First task: find out who is Arona; second task watching a couple fights to make an opinion; third task posting in the forum.

Too complicated. Just say that you want to start a post about pride

@ LHW Jailton Almeida is by far the best bet. Not saying much as LHW grappling (and HW grappling) is utter dogshite these days. Both Brazilian too

An underrated part of Aronas game were also his leg kicks. some of the best ever in MMA and he was even throwing calf kicks back in the mid 00s when these nerds thought it was just invented a few years ago lmaoooo
I have to rewatch some of Arona's fights. I think he had some powerful body kicks too. I thought Mezger got fucked over with the judge's decision in their fight.

Fedor Emelianenko (Russia) vs Ricardo Arona (Brazil) | The Last Emperor, MMA fight HQ

Very good fight, the sound of those leg kicks by Arona are insane!!, listen to those leg kicks, sounds like a gun going off

Back