Who is the action movie GOAT

Who is the action movie GOAT?

• Total voters
Speed?
Point Break?
Matrix?

The Matrix is awesome for sure. Point Break and Speed don't really build a case for him. When you really compare his list, vs the list with the real top contenders, it just doesnt work. Don't get me wrong, I love Keanu, he's awesome. But when it comes to contenders for action stars, the goat of action stars, Keanu just isn't a contender. I'd probably put even Denzel (who I think is awesome) ahead of Keanu, but even he doesn't deserve to be on this particular list.

I hovered over the top 3 for a few seconds.

Tom cruise is a different kind of action movie star, hes got the longevity, some amazing stunt work, and probably biggest in the box office.

Stallone made rocky, that in itself puts him in the top bracket for me. But he's got lots of other iconic roles, Rambo, over the top, cobra.

But you have to give it to arnold. Quintessential action hero.

You need to replace Gibson and Ford with Van Damme and Seagal.

Say what you will about them but we grew up on their action films if your in your 30-40s.

Indy & Riggs > Van Damme & girly runner

There are no action stars without Arnold. He set the bar for larger than life heroes.

I think Stallone takes it. Arnie seems obvious, but Stallone was only the tiniest bit behind him and, unlike Arnie, is still pushing some quality stuff. Cruise is in the running too.

Arnold
Stallone
Willis
JCVD
Kurt Russell
Cruise IMDB is GOAT but not action alone

Arnold by far. Sly 2nd. Everyone else is quite a ways below them.

Jackie Chan, but no Jet Li?

Jet Li >>>>>>>> all to these clowns.

As for the current list, I would say Arnold, Stallone, and Chan are about tied, I give the edge to Chan.

edit: Quick google search is pretty interesting in that Chan, Stallone, and Arnold all are worth about $400mil

Chan: $400mil

Jet Li: $200mil

Stallone: $400mil

Arnold: $400mil.

source.gif

Nicholas Cage? Mark Walhberg?
UniqueExemplaryAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

Stallone might be close, but in the end,
GNfZ2AUhtZxMk.gif

It was a tough one for me between Stallone and Arnold. In the end went with stallone cause i believe he is the better actor. Either would have been the correct answer though.

There are no action stars without Arnold. He set the bar for larger than life heroes.

Thats not true at all

Action stars existed before Arnold

John Wayne and Clint Eastwood

They are not your prototypical action star but they definitely set the bar

Back