Who is the greatest Wrestler of all time in the UFC?

He didnt outwrestle Hendricks
Both had some 3 takedowns(1 clear trip from Johny wasnt recognized for some reason) and Hendricks owned GSP in the clinch
Even if he didn't were talking about a GSP out of his prime and a Pre Usada Prime Johny Hendricks. It's still impressive taking hendricks down 3 times.

Some in this thread may not know this but GSP was viewed as the inferior wrestler going into his first fight with Josh Koscheck in August 2007. Pundits, fans and other fighters pegged Kos as the more proven wrestler due to his background and college career. GSP unleashed elite wrestling in that fight and began his legacy as one of the greatest wrestlers in MMA history. Whats more impressive is that GSP had no major wrestling training until he began MMA. There was talk that GSP was good enough to compete in the Summer Olympics in 2012 before his knee injury in 2011 ended those hopes. What an athlete!

0x0.jpg

Khabib Islam DC
GSP

GSP got taken down by Lost, lost 1 round.

Other 3 I don't remember ever getting taken down

DC got taken down vs JJ but that's JJ and he got up quick.

Also a mention for Cain.
How many fights has Islam had? And how many wrestlers has he fought?

If we're talking both achievements in MMA and wrestling, probably DC or Cejudo.

Askren probably deserves more credit, he is often considered a joke but I think he could've taken down anyone in the 170lb division and he is arguebly one of the greatest college wrestlers of all time. Relentless pressure, deceptively strong and great scrambler.

Randleman was also a NCAA D1 champion twice, not sure how many of those are in MMA, he also went on to win world tittles in MMA, he might have had one of the explosive shoots ever in MMA. He might be the best pure wrestling MMA but lacked everything else. He had the perfect combination of of speed and strength.

Askren beat more D1's than Khabib and never got shutout.

Took down everyone he fought save for Mas.

Lmfao @ anyone saying Lesnar

I just remember him struggling for dear life to get a 45 year old Mark Hunt and Randy Couture to the ground when he's juiced to the gills.

Seriously though, it was Mark Schultz easy. He fought Gary Goodridge at UFC 9.
As per wiki...
Mark Philip Schultz (born October 26, 1960) is a former American freestyle wrestler. Schultz was a 3-time NCAA champion, Olympic champion and 2-time World champion. In 1995, Schultz was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame as a Distinguished Member.[1] He is also in the San Jose Sports Hall of Fame, the California Wrestling Hall of Fame, and the San Mateo Peninsula Sports Hall of Fame.

I rarely post but this is the answer

Jones wrestling is only really good when he is much larger than his opponents.
Do you mean taller?
DC Rashad Shogun were heavier.
Bonnar, Bader, Vera and Gus were easier fights.

Either way, never heard of advantageous lankiness regarding wrestling.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here

RE: the thread title---

A GOAT wrestler doesnt go 0 for 13 on TD attempts against a career journeyman.

DC, Askren, Cejudo, Highes etc have no such performances.

RE: Your comment about Tibaus juicing---

He had already lost Melvin, Pellegrino, Joe Daddt, etc. Never special, roids or not

We good?

USA fanboys have problems to understand that freestyle wrestling is better than folkstyle in stand up grappling. Casually all the best wrestlers like Cejudo, Khabib, Cormier and GSP have freestyle base.

GSP blast double. No can stop.
I agree 100%, He even took down Johny Hendricks when Johny Hendricks was in his prime. I mean
Koscheck
Hughes
Shields
Fitch
Sherk
Diaz
Condit
Hardy
Alves
Bisping
Serra
Penn
Trigg

They all knew it was coming yet he took everyone down.

Back