Who Is The Most Dangerous Fighter In The World?

There's a reason "pound for pound" was coined, because smaller fighters would get destroyed fighting at openweight. Whomever people pick for this question, it's undoubtedly a heavyweight, to pretend otherwise is denial.
I get that, I should have specified that I was speaking relative to weight class. I wouldn't have made the thread if I meant overall, because then the answer would be Stipe with no argument.

You make a fair overall point re Khabib, but I had a couple of thoughts in response to some of the statements in your post so I thought I would address them individually.

It's not exactly like no one cares... of course the majority will give fair due respect to Stipe for his achievements. It's just whether you consider his achievements to be on par with a certain more commonly referenced Russian heavyweight... After all, regardless of your stance on the Fedor debate you have to admit the last emperor still overshadows the division to a certain extent even in this day and age.

If you dig down into the basis of your original question, it's kind of irrelevant whether Bones is able to fight or not. You're asking who is the most dangerous fighter in the world... and I think there's a very strong case that JBJ is the correct answer, regardless of his official eligibility.

Given your valid acknowledgement of Conor's total domination over Alvarez, I struggle to understand why the fact he lost to a larger opponent on 7 days notice a year prior to this fight is relevant at all? Especially given the fact he went on to avenge that loss in dominant fashion within 5 months... In my opinion, the 'lost to a gatekeeper' comment holds no weight. It would've been much more relevant to mention his inactivity.
Avenged what with a dominant fashion?

I hope you aren't implying Wonderboy is scared of Woodley. I've said it once or twice in the heavies but Stephen was one of my first karate teachers at Upstate - I went to high school and ran track with his youngest brother.. so I'm a little biased, but if they match up a 3rd time I promise Woodley will lose that belt.

And I would fall asleep.

Stipe has the most HW title defenses in UFC history, but no one on sherdog cares
Bones Jones is possibly the GOAT, but the man isn't eligible to fight.
Romero is terrifying, but he lost by decision the fight before last
Woodley has killer power and excellent TDD but he is too tentative; ain't nobody scared of him.
McGregor is the most popular, and he punked Alvarez Nov. 2016 - but he lost to a gatekeeper 3 fights ago.

There is only one man who is undefeated in the toughest weight class in the UFC, and has welterweights praying that he never moves up - Khabib.

Just my opinion... bring on the hate, but let me know who you think is more dangerous than The Eagle.

He’s as unproven as he is unbeaten though, and hardly the most dangerous with a finishing rate of 64% with well over half the guys he’s fought not even having Wikipedia pages.

Also a lightweight who does not fight particularly often.

Stipe meanwhile is a HW champion who has knocked out 4 champs in the last two years.

Back