Who is the most famous MMA figure?

Sure, but there are people from completely different spheres who have heard of Rogan. Every politically-minded person is aware of Rogan. He's arguably the biggest and most influential podcaster in the entire world.

I feel like Rogan is fully entrenched in the mainstream. Conor McGregor is very famous for an MMA fighter but he's still on the fringe of the mainstream.
Conor was literally everywhere during his peak though and had a ton of marketing. Especially leading up to his fight with Floyd. He's definitely mainstream.. even if it's not to the same level as Joe Rogan or Floyd. Also, here's an old article from 2017 that says Conor was the most searched sports athlete on google of that year.

Conor was literally everywhere during his peak though and had a ton of marketing. Especially leading up to his fight with Floyd. He's definitely mainstream.. even if it's not to the same level as Joe Rogan or Floyd. Also, here's an old article from 2017 that says Conor was the most searched sports athlete on google of that year.

Yeah, McGregor is famous. But it's also 2024, not 2017.

He's definitely still the most famous MMA fighter by a long shot.

But that's just but true. Hang around a few women and you'll realize that many know common Gregor but not Rogan.
I know lots of women. The mostly know both, but they all know Rogan.

Conor

When you've been on Conan O'Brien you know you are famous.

He is like part of pop culture now.

I found the opposite. Conor has been in celeb magazines and won fashion awards. That's media with an overwhelming female audience. Then you can look at European media in which Conor McGregor often get some page space. Incredibly rare to see Rogan get any page space let alone a mention.
It likely depends on what kind of media. McGregor is more involved in celebrity bullshit and gossip. Rogan is really well known in political circles.

Has anyone posted who is searched more on google between Rogan and Conor?

I’m too lazy and forgot how
Most of the year it was Rogan until Conor actually had his fight announced. Conor also just had his movie come out, which also inevitably boosted searches.
image_2024-04-30_204753250.png
This is however just seeing which name, rogan or mcgregor, is being typed more into google by people.
As
I found the opposite. Conor has been in celeb magazines and won fashion awards. That's media with an overwhelming female audience. Then you can look at European media in which Conor McGregor often gets some page space. Incredibly rare to see Rogan get any page space let alone a mention.
mentions, Conor gets more media attention in Europe. If we broaden search results to include articles/other media that includes Conor v Rogan, we see that Conor is far ahead thanks to his many mentions in Norweigan, Swedish, and New Zealand press apparently.
conrat.PNG

Last edited:
Exactly, and you don't get a 50/50 gender split in those circles.
I live in a very political city. It certainly seems to me that Rogan is more famous than McGregor, by a significant margin.

I feel like literally everyone I know is aware of Joe Rogan, and only most people I know are aware of Conor McGregor.

Conor C-list celebrity? Comon dude.. now you're just reaching.
Well, he's nowhere near A-list and he doesn't meet the criteria for B-list.

C-list celebrities are still famous, just not universally known.

Well, he's nowhere near A-list and he doesn't meet the criteria for B-list.

C-list celebrities are still famous, just not universally known.
Conor is at least B. He certainly does meet the critera if this is anything to go by.

B-list celebrities are usually television actors or less successful movie stars [2]. They are not as famous or well-known as A-list celebrities, but they still have a notable level of recognition [2]. B-list actors often do not headline films by themselves and are usually seen as supporting actors

I think it's Connor and it's due to the Mayweather fight. The promotion for that was everywhere and made him known to people who didn't give a shit about either sport, yet still wanted to watch the press conferences.

I found the opposite. Conor has been in celeb magazines and won fashion awards. That's media with an overwhelming female audience. Then you can look at European media in which Conor McGregor often gets some page space. Incredibly rare to see Rogan get any page space let alone a mention.
Yeah I said this earlier in the thread.

I have no doubt that Rogan may be slightly more famous in North America, due to the insane political climate and mainstream news channels like CNN doing hit pieces on him and the like.

But outside of NA and especially in Europe it's not particularly close. Conor is just straight up famous. People who don't even know what MMA is know who Conor is. Unless you are an MMA fan or are steeped in Internet culture and watch his podcast nobody here really knows who Rogan is.

Guaranteed if you went around any European city and asked random pedestrians if they have heard of Conor, majority of people will say yes.

If you ask if they know who Rogan is, you will get far more varied responses, way more people will have never heard of him.

Last edited:
So the most famous person to ever be involved with MMA is either Conor McGregor or Joe Rogan.

Who is more famous between those two?

Also, who is more embarrassing for MMA to be associated with?

Rogan is super famous but perhaps not in Europe where McGregor seems to be in the news a fair bit for throwing people off his yacht or whatever.

Rogan mostly gets in the news for denying the moon landing or propping up the conspiracy theory of the week

Who is bigger and why?
It's a three way race between Conor, Joe, and Ronda imo

Back