Who is your favorite 205 lb champ of all time?

Favorite 205 lb. champ?

• Total voters
john-lennon.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade.jpg
Nice!

rampage.jpg

michael-jackson-thriller.jpg

Top 5 would be...

1. Couture
2. Liddell
3. Rampage
4. Jones
5. Hendo

for now obviously The Iceman.

but Cormier is a close second.

anyways its Wanderlei for me. Hes everything that epitomized a true champion in combat sports

- fearless (bulking to take fights with purime Hunt and Mirko)
- highly skilled (he had a very underrated jab, way ahead of his time MT clinch that would even be advanced this days, one of the best defensive guards ever @ LHW) etc
- highly vicious/brutal (no explanation needed, dude is known for knees and stomps)
- long reign at the top (18-2 @ LHW in PRIDE, lost to Arona at top of his game and Hendo when he had the flu and was beaten out of his purime by Mirko, but heally wasnt the same post Hunt)
- highly entertaining, one of the most entertaining guys ever (multiple FOTYs, Hampage both feigtches, Mezger, Hendo, Yoshida etc)
- insane heart/will to win (been dropped/hurt many times to come back - not sure how many other LHWs would be able to take the shots he took from a purime Hunt and win according to most ppl
- demonic in ways (laughing and enjoying stomping on Hendos head)
- finisher (top 5 most (T)KOs MMA history among PRIDE/WEC/SF guys

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

SilvaRampage.gif

wandyfinishrampage2.gif

Champions like him are a dying breed in MMA and we never really had one like that hecently till Lawler won title.

Great post man. I agree with every word you wrote. Respect.

I voted Chuck because my favorite wasn't an option. Babalu was my favorite. Probably because I was in Denver at the Global Domination tournament and I saw him beat three great opponents in the same night to win the title.
He wasn't as exciting as a few fighters on the list, but besides being one of the most talented, he was my favorite.

this guy. but Shogun and Chuck were great too. anyways here are some random machida HLs (not all at 205).

zt9k7o.jpg

001.gif

Lyoto%2BMachida%2BBody%2BKicks%2Band%2BDestroys%2BCB%2BDollaway%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B58%2BBarueri.gif

tumblr_n8alq1cGZ21qaa8d1o5_250.gif

Last edited:
Shamelessly voted for Tito. He got me back into the sport after a hiatus and i have stuck with him ever since. When he beat Bader I went nuts.

Shamelessly voted for Tito. He got me back into the sport after a hiatus and i have stuck with him ever since. When he beat Bader I went nuts.

that was one of my favorite upsets ever. extra points for that comically lengthy gravedigger celebration, lol.

anyways its Wanderlei for me. Hes everything that epitomized a true champion in combat sports

- fearless (bulking to take fights with purime Hunt and Mirko)
- highly skilled (he had a very underrated jab, way ahead of his time MT clinch that would even be advanced this days, one of the best defensive guards ever @ LHW) etc
- highly vicious/brutal (no explanation needed, dude is known for knees and stomps)
- long reign at the top (18-2 @ LHW in PRIDE, lost to Arona at top of his game and Hendo when he had the flu and was beaten out of his purime by Mirko, but heally wasnt the same post Hunt)
- highly entertaining, one of the most entertaining guys ever (multiple FOTYs, Hampage both feigtches, Mezger, Hendo, Yoshida etc)
- insane heart/will to win (been dropped/hurt many times to come back - not sure how many other LHWs would be able to take the shots he took from a purime Hunt and win according to most ppl
- demonic in ways (laughing and enjoying stomping on Hendos head)
- finisher (top 5 most (T)KOs MMA history among PRIDE/WEC/SF guys

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

SilvaRampage.gif

wandyfinishrampage2.gif

Champions like him are a dying breed in MMA and we never really had one like that hecently till Lawler won title.
I´m your fan from this post on, sir.

Back