Who Should be next for Mairbek Taisumov?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Although it isn't confirmed, I expect Taisumov's fight with Dunham to soon get canceled because of visa issues.

He is still only 29, and has more opportunities to hopefully get a fight in the USA/Canada.

But.. assuming he doesn't, where does he go from here?

Top 10 fighters like Chiesa duck him - Chiesa knows he would get knocked out.

Will any worthy opponents travel to Europe/Asia to fight with Taisumov?

I expect him to fight in Russia later this year, that is almost 95% confirmed I guess, although it would be nice for him to have a fight before then - maybe in Ireland. He would have been a good addition to the UK event too.

I do not think that when not ranked he should get a top 10 I may be wrong Yes he is very close to top 15 with this Dunham fight. But he’s still unranked.

I do not think that when not ranked he should get a top 10 I may be wrong

So how can anyone get into the top 10 or fall out of it if you don't let unranked fighters fight ranked fighters at some point?
All this is doing is keeping divisions stagnant and protecting Top 10 fighters that might not even belong there.

He's on a 5 fight TKO/KO winstreak. He should get a Top 15 opponent at least.

So how can anyone get into the top 10 or fall out of it if you don't let unranked fighters fight ranked fighters at some point?
All this is doing is keeping divisions stagnant and protecting Top 10 fighters that might not even belong there.

He's on a 5 fight TKO/KO winstreak. He should get a Top 15 opponent at least.
Yes I said he’s close to top 15. I just think that a fighter can get a top 10 fight once they get in top 15. And yes exceptions happen all of time but that is just my opinion

Yes I said he’s close to top 15. I just think that a fighter can get a top 10 fight once they get in top 10. And yes exceptions happen all of time but that is just my opinion

I get it, I'm just saying I remember times when ranked guys actually had to fight unranked guys sometimes - especially after a loss - just to prove that they still belong in the Top 10.

Nowadays everyone with a number next to their name seems only interested in fighting higher ranked dudes - and it just doesn't work that way.

I would watch him fight Poirier or Gaethje, but they fight each other.
Trinaldo or Michael Johnson would be fun.

wat, so you're just randomly assuming his fight won't go through?

The fight is rumored since about 3 months and nothing happened. No official comment from either the UFC or Dunham or Taisumov. UFC 223 is not that far away, either.
Seems like something didn't work out that well, again.

sucks if tausimov ends up not fighting at 223 which seems to be the case. what about tausimov versus david teymur (who recently said jim miller declined to fight him)

Chiesa and his weak body wouldn't last a round against Nightmairbek Taisumov.

James Vick would be a hard fight for him though. And for anyone in the division really...

Well, we haven't heard anything. This event is only around a month away, Taisumov hasn't posted anything suggesting that his application has processed successfully; he has been declined multiple times before - there is some reason as to why he gets declined. Even Bibulatov - Kadyrov sponsored fighter - gets accepted to fight in the USA and Taisumov no.

I wish that he would get accepted, but just basing it off past attempts and the time it is taking.

there is some reason as to why he gets declined.

There really isn't, though. That's the weird part about it.
Taisumov already had a VISA for the US in the past, he already fought in the US in the past and has no criminal record either. So no idea why he can't get it anymore.

Dunham will outgrapple him if they do fight

And then you’ll all jump ship

Lol at top 10 fighters ducking a guy because he murdered Alan Patrick.

He desperately needs a stepup in competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back