Who the hell does Tony spar with?

Training by himself in the 4th dimension.

The guy has a top tier offense.

I agree with the poster who said his defense is his chin. Cowboy did tag him a couple of times and Tony still came forward like it was nothing. On the other hand you could argue going forward and throwing punches will open you up to a counter. You can't have it both ways I suppose.

So who does he train with? In an interview he said he has some training partners on call but I've never seen who or heard any stories from his camps. All his videos are just him dancing or doing weird shit alone

VainPersonalDamselfly-size_restricted.gif

Its incredible how he doesnt train at any major gym with elite fighters yet he is such a killer. ( Besides bravo which is only bjj)

Truly remarkable. Leads me to believe he could have a stellar career as a Coach/Gym owner once his fighting days are over.

He only spars in his mind.

Tony the type of guy to use his UFC fights as sparring practice so he can beat up his house.

I remember watching a video in the build up to one of his fights he was training with Gastelum, but yh probably a variety of Cali based fighters.

I imagine they have a smoke together too

He soars with pipes and what not...

Times change. I grew up playing football. We banged heads everyday, sometimes twice a day. Now, the players may bang once or twice a week for 1 drill. Smart MMA training is going the same way.

Tony is an anomaly in every sense of the word.

He's been saying "I'm on another level, you guys just don't understand" for awhile now. And other guys have said that about themselves too but with Tony...for the first time it might be accurate. He's just different.

NOTHING he does is the way you are "supposed" to do things. And armchair analysts here yap about his alleged flaws. And what does he do? Leaves a trail of highly ranked bodies in his wake.

Just sit the fuck back and appreciate what he is because we may never see anything like it again.

Tony is an anomaly in every sense of the word.

He's been saying "I'm on another level, you guys just don't understand" for awhile now. And other guys have said that about themselves too but with Tony...for the first time it might be accurate. He's just different.

NOTHING he does is the way you are "supposed" to do things. And armchair analysts here yap about his alleged flaws. And what does he do? Leaves a trail of highly ranked bodies in his wake.

Just sit the fuck back and appreciate what he is because we may never see anything like it again.

He has been dropped quite a bit, but everything else seems on point. If what other posters are saying is true about no sparring then that’s dope. I wish other fighters would do that.

This guy has like no team, no crew, no entourage he just trains in big bear alone, with who?
He's not Khabib or Conor. He believes in himself and that is enough to get the job done.

No sparring will make your career last longer. I think he said he's going to do sparring soon. He would be like khabib and wrestle bears but there too afraid. Champ shit only.

This guy has like no team, no crew, no entourage he just trains in big bear alone, with who?
Tony doesn't spar.
At the last presser he said he was actually about to start sparring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back