Who Was Anderson’s Best Win In Your Opinion?

His biggest win for his career would be the Chael II fight. That was still one of the biggest, most promoted fights in the history of the sport.

Most accomplished opponent would have to be Hendo.

Most impressive win would be moving up to embarrass the former champ in Forrest.

Just looking back at the Spider’s fights on FightPass and I wanted to know what you guys think is his best win. I’m going to highlight some of his most notable wins in my opinion!

I’m taking into consideration things like if his opponent was a champion in an organisation before the fight too.

Let me know yours!!!

No. 1 Hayato Sakurai

Accomplishments: Shooto Middleweight Campion, ADCC bronze medalist & silver medalist 1999, record 19-0 + one NC before Silva fight.
I'm glad you said Sakurai.

He was actually ranked #1 P4P when Andy beat him.

As for the PED allegations during his championship years (alleged PEDs in alleged home videos allegedly), many guys he fought were also busted for PEDs or used TRT. At the very worst, it was PED vs. PED. In addition to practically everyone in Pride and a clearly juiced/jacked Lee Murray, known UFC PEDsters included:
  • Marquadt
  • Belfort
  • Hendo
  • James Irvin
  • Chael
  • Bonnar
  • Leben

TRT Vitor
TRT Hendo
Franklin

Leben was gonna send him back to Japan to crush cans

<6>

Franklin was my favourite one. I remember back then being a pride :eek::eek::eek: and ufc. The ufc fans back then were insufferable pricks who thought Franklin would demolish Anderson. Even when the fight was announced ufc fans were crying foul including Franklin. To see silva mash up franklins face who was a dominant fighter at the time was pure mother fucking magic. It legitimised prides claim to have had the best fighters at the time.

Dan Henderson or Rich Franklin

He ragdolled guys worse at LHW and these were heavyweight LWS's. Truly the GOAT no one comes close.

Just looking back at the Spider’s fights on FightPass and I wanted to know what you guys think is his best win. I’m going to highlight some of his most notable wins in my opinion!

I’m taking into consideration things like if his opponent was a champion in an organisation before the fight too.

Let me know yours!!!

No. 1 Hayato Sakurai

Accomplishments: Shooto Middleweight Campion, ADCC bronze medalist & silver medalist 1999, record 19-0 + one NC before Silva fight.

No. 2 Carlos Newton

Accomplishments: UFC Middleweight Champion, Canadian BJJ & Pankration champion, record 12-6 before Silva fight.

No. 3 Chris Leben

Accomplishments: WEC Middleweight champion, Gladiator Challenge Middleweight champion, record 15-2 before Silva fight.

No. 4 Rich Franklin

Accomplishments: UFC Middleweight champion(2 defences), record 22-1 + 1 NC before Silva fight(21 finishes too!!)

No. 5 Dan Henderson

Accomplishments: PRIDE MW, WW + WW Grand Prix champion, UFC MW tournament champion, Strikeforce LHW champion, Rings 1999 tournament champion, multiple amateur Greco Roman wrestling medals and championships record 22-5 before Silva fight.

continued in next post!!
Newton wasn’t MW champ, he was WW champ.

To me it was Vitor. Back then, Vitor was murdering everyone and knocking them out cold. That was his prime. I never seen him that devastating before. That Vitor would have murdered Couture, Tito and even Chuck if he had faced them then IMO. I remember the anticipation for that fight, much bigger than his other defenses at the time. Against Anderson he was the one that got knocked out cold.

Looking at those stats: Sakurai, Leben and Franklin were very underrated wins. When fighters start losing and keep fighting after their prime, we tend to forget how good they were in their prime.
True man that Vítor was a force of science.

I'd add Marquadt as well. See my edited post. He was an underrated fighter and I forget he also became the SF champ by finishing Woodley
I’ll absolutely do that in the morning my thumbs just need a bit of a break and i need some sleep lol.

As for the PED allegations during his championship years (alleged PEDs in alleged home videos allegedly), many guys he fought were also busted for PEDs or used TRT. At the very worst, it was PED vs. PED. In addition to practically everyone in Pride and a clearly juiced/jacked Lee Murray, known UFC PEDsters included:
  • Marquadt
  • Belfort
  • Hendo
  • James Irvin
  • Chael
  • Bonnar
  • Leben
I allegedly have a beer in the background of one of my videos, but my ex-wife CGId it in there to ruin my clean reputation.

MW wasn't overall very good during this time; not nearly as good as the fighters GSP had to contend with at WW.
While GSP is my personal GOAT I do think this is a thread about Anderson and his accomplishments.

I’d be very happy to make a GSP thread though any chance to gush about one of my favourite fighters I’ll take!

Back