Who would you have preferred? Gamrot, or volk?

Who should have fought Islam on short notice?

• Total voters
It feels like Volk vs Islam 3 will happen now, regardless of the outcome of this fight.

If Volk gets hurt, dropped and tapped, I don't think so.

Not without some other mixup in the division and Volk winning multiple fights at featherweight or a title eliminator at lightweight first.

Islam hurt him with big counters multiple times and dropped him once. That was under fairly ideal circumstances for Volk. Now its spun around and Volk is disadvantaged. He can win of course but I think he'll fair worse not better, most of the time.

Objectively Gamrot and Gaethje made far more sense than Volk

I am glad Gamrot wont get a shot tho

Personally due to the fact it is extremely short notice I gotta go with Volk. Reason being most fans want this fight some other time. The man knew that window was closing so he hopped through it first opportunity like a G. Also if any other fighter list short notice that’s an excuse. There are no more excuses for Volk. Either beat him now or you can’t. You had two chances. I LOVE how this played out and plus Charles doesn’t have to do the Abu land thing which hopefully if he gets another shot it will be anywhere but there. If you can’t respect Volk’s approach here we just wont agree on a lot of things in life. Some of you fans don’t see the bigger picture

Volk is a better fight for the fans, but Gamrot I would have preferred just because Volk deserves time to prepare for Islam.

I’d be fine never watching Gamrot spam takedowns like a button on his controller is stuck for the rest of my life. With that said, what is the point of having a guy as a backup fighter if a need for a backup fighter arises unexpectedly and you don’t use him?

I think in this case it was to salvage what was likely going to be dismal PPV numbers. It's starting at a weird time, and both of it's big fights fell apart.

Still, it's horseshit that Gamrot is getting boned out of the exact thing he was training and working on a weight cut for.

I prefer fairness. If this is a true sport then there needs to be structure even if it means entertainment takes a hit. How are you going to get a guy to sign a contract, prepare for a fight, start dieting and prepping to cut, be the official backup in case, you know, this exact thing happens, but then give a phone call to someone else like they don't exist.

Anyone with yellows calling anyone a clown.
Finicky mods handing out yellows don’t make you a clown. Dick riding fighters to the degree that you’re giving them rounds they admit they lost makes you a clown.

I think Volkanovski earn this rematch and he is always fight ready. This is what makes the sport great, someone like Volk can step up and generate great hype. I expect a better showing from Volk this time, he will have made adjustments knowing this fight was coming. Volkanovski is a great champion.

For the divisons sake: gamrot.

from a fight fan perspective: Volk no doubt

I want to see where sherdog falls on this one. I get that volk is the bigger name, but he wasn't prepping -- he got arm surgery and was nursing his arm, then he took time off for the birth of his daughter. Gamrot was the back up fighter, he was paying in order to stay ready and travel to abu dhabi, and he just had a camp for a five round fight against a southpaw. Oh, and Gamrot is a ranked LW. I really would have liked to have seen how islam would deal with someone spamming wrestling at him, someone who can scramble for days like Gamrot......

I am happy to see volk get another shot, but oh boy the disrespect for Gamrot here is insane. What is the point having a backup if they are actually second backup?

The more i think about it, Gamrot.

I'm really intrigued by the rematch but it just feels like it's squandered on a short notice fight shortly after Volks Surgery. Not to mention it's now on an Abu Dhabi card that airs at 7am where I am and I have to work that day. All the wrong and weird circumstances for the one rematch I actually care about. My best hope is just to avoid spoilers till I get home and catch a replay. How am I supposed to sherdog ? Utter horseshit.
<KhabibBS>

Said Gamrot but would prefer Tsurukeyan

Gamrot, just because he was the backup and deserves it more.
Islams beats both anyway, but Volk’s fans already got an excuse.

Back