Who would you pick? Aldo vs Ortega. *2019*

That's easy to say but how would he finish him? A sub just plain isn't gonna happen and we just watched Aldo eats Jeremy Stephens best shots and not give a shit and instead walk him down and brutally finish him.
Frankie had never been finished in his life, and Ortega knocked him into orbit. Ortega would likely TKO Aldo as Max did once he tired him out, and he has the chin to survive until then. A sub is certainly possible as well, Ortega's chokes are just on a different level.

I'm not saying its impossible for Aldo to win, it could certainly happen. But I'd say Ortega takes it 8/10 times at this point in their careers.

I think Aldo beats Ortega. Aldo’s stand up is light years a head of Brian, and unless he can some how catch José in a standing sub he’s never taking him down and controlling him long enough to submit Aldo.

Aldo, but Ortega is a guy I pick against every time and I’m always wrong obviously.

Unless Holloway is out indefinitely or moves up I wouldn’t risk Also picking off another contender and forcing Aldo vs Holloway III to be a thing that happens.

He may not gass with these things playing a part

1. Confident aldo may have a better gas tank, new outlook.
2. Learning not to gass himself out like he did against holloway
3. Ortega not being able to push aldo like holloway did

This^^^

Pretty sure this is going down next year... Will Aldo be the man to give him his first defeat?
Ortega will sleep Aldo. In his prime I would pick Aldo but the Aldo of today is carrying injuries and has a weakened chin.

I'm not saying its impossible for Aldo to win, it could certainly happen. But I'd say Ortega takes it 8/10 times at this point in their careers.

Exactly. At this point in their careers, I believe Ortega has an edge.
And Aldo is MA BOI!!

Ortega will sleep Aldo. In his prime I would pick Aldo but the Aldo of today is carrying injuries and has a weakened chin.

Just ate clean shots off the hardest puncher in the division but Oretga would 'sleep' him? GTFOH.

He may not gass with these things playing a part

1. Confident aldo may have a better gas tank, new outlook.
2. Learning not to gass himself out like he did against holloway
3. Ortega not being able to push aldo like holloway did
Fair enough. I just feel like he doesn't have the gas in him to go a hard 5 rounds anymore. Those Holloway fights, he gassed out quickly, and they were kickboxing matches for the most part. Yeah Max was pressuring him, but there was no clinching, no grappling. The guy is shot, in my eyes. I honestly believe that if he didn't land that body shot, he would have gassed out and been stopped by Stephens too.

You think Ortega has the durability or striking skill of Holloway to replicate that? Wouldn't be surprised to see Aldo finish Ortega in the first couple of rounds Ortegas defence is so bad and Aldo fights so violently his last few fights.
No, i just have no confidence in Aldo's cardio anymore.

Classic Sherdog. If this thread was made prior to UFC on fox 30 everyone would be talking about how Aldo is done

Easily Aldo, he’s got the best jiu jitsu Ortega has faced and is a much better striker. People forget that both cub and Frankie, especially cub, were lighting Ortega up on the feet and Aldo has more power than both

I'm not doubting the FW G.O.A.T.

Going with Aldo here.

I don't think ortega takes this fight though, unless it was for the real belt. But i highly doubt they strip max, unless he can't fight anymore.

I still want to see aldo- Stephens run back, awesome fight until what happened (ref couldve given Jeremy, at least, another 2 Mississippi- made his way to knees and 100% lucid as he IMMEDIATELY got up to argue stoppage)

Anyways, Ortega walks around at 175 , can take a punch and gets better every fight. I'd actually put some cabbage down on t-city if that fight comes to fruition

Just ate clean shots off the hardest puncher in the division but Oretga would 'sleep' him? GTFOH.
And I am glad for him but he just got knocked out by Holloway twice before that... I wish Aldo had fought for a points win against Holloway in the second fight but he did the same shit as in the first one. It’s a shame as Aldo is a legend and one of my fav fighters, he just seems to lack cage IQ at times. A bit like Amir Khan in boxing...

I would hope anyone who actually watches MMA realizes just how awful a match up Aldo is for Ortega.

Back