Who's actually gonna buy ESPN+ just to watch the UFC?

Depends on your service. I have boxes in 4 rooms and every channel, so mine is around $145 (with something like $70 in discounts per month). Showtime is all right, but what television I do watch is generally spread across the movie channels, so I want them all.

For sure. I only have two boxes. I always advise people to watch your bill and always call back to renegotiate. You have to get the retention or customer loyalty department by pretending you are going to cancel. I do the same thing with Comcast. I learned about this trick from a Comcast employee. These companies all operate the same. The normal customer service people can't do shit. They tried to offer me a $5 discount, and then I got over to the other department which gave me $50. To be fair, $43 is the lowest I've paid since my initial signup 10+ years ago.

DirectTv you get like Fox Sports 1, some other sports channels, but I have never heard of "ESPN Plus" before..

It isn't a channel
It is like DAZN or WWE Network or Fight Pass
it is what they call OTT (over the top)

It's 4.99 per month. Or 49.99 per year, which = $2.50 per card.

Yeah I'm going to purchase for the year. I mean the Brooklyn & Forteleza cards alone are better than some ppvs that cost $70. It's a steal honestly.

I just get a feeling they will dual broadcast these ESPN+ events with ESPN sometime this year...when they realize the number of subs is not has high as they were expecting.

People with TVs who don't have the ESPN app are going to be lost customers. Unless they know about purchasing a chromecast or media player that has ESPN App.

My LG OLED TV STILL doesn't have the ESPN app. It got DAZN right before it launched..and I was expecting the same from ESPN+... but nope.

I do have chromecast so I'm good...but again, it seems like the UFC will be losing alot of viewers who don't have the app on their TV or choose to not watch events on their phones/tablets.

Fuck no. Them already charging an extra $7.99 for "regional sports fee" ain't paying no $5 dolla for fights that should be free on fs1 to begin with it. Just saying...

I just get a feeling they will dual broadcast these ESPN+ events with ESPN sometime this year...when they realize the number of subs is not has high as they were expecting.

The whole point of the separate deal is to build ESPN+though.
They already have over a million subs (as of 3 months ago)
ESPN knows it will be a money loser, but they over-paid to build the OTT service

How long have you had DirectTV? I just called to renegotiate my bill and got it down to $43 which includes Showtime. That will last for 12 months. He basically gave me a $50 loyalty discount per month which was available. This was late last week. I'd give it a shot.

And to answer your question, yes, I am going to get ESPN+.
feel like I haven’t seen you in a long time

I am. I can't think of anything else on ESPN+ I'd want to watch. Don't know what else is on there.

I already pay for cable and netflix, and considering how many weak cards the UFC has been putting out, i'm not inclined to pay for another viewing service.
I personally think Netflix is overrated. No live TV, all old movies that you can just buy for cheap now or watch on cable anyways. Very little of their original programming is actually good. I think they will eventually lose out to the rise of the real streaming services. PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, Hulu Live, the new AT&T streaming service coming out later this year will all take over in a couple years.

I have a family, house payments, water bill, electric bill, DISH bill, computer bill and garbage bill each month. Never mind the groceries and whatever else happens in each month. I want to but I'm not exactly rolling in the dough.
DISH sucks. If I were you I'd call Directv and tell them your fed up with their service and want a better price. I recently called Directv and told them to give me a better rate or else I'm cancelling them... they gave me a $70 discount every month (for a whole year)! The only reason I ultimately keep them is their service is the best by far, excellent programming and great DVR space. I now pay little more than any other streaming service for superb quality. Getting $70 off my bill is convincing me I have enough extra $ to buy ESPN+.

DISH sucks. If I were you I'd call Directv and tell them your fed up with their service and want a better price. I recently called Directv and told them to give me a better rate or else I'm cancelling them... they gave me a $70 discount every month (for a whole year)! The only reason I ultimately keep them is their service is the best by far, excellent programming and great DVR space. I now pay little more than any other streaming service for superb quality. Getting $70 off my bill is convincing me I have enough extra $ to buy ESPN+.
What I liked about DISH is back in 2015-16 I got emails saying 'For being a loyal DISH customer this month's bill is on us." Now that would happen like twice out of the year but I was grateful and it's been a few years since that has happened. The only reason why I'm probably still putting up with DISH is my bill isn't quite as high cause HBO and SHOtime are feuding with them at the moment and I'm not being billed for those channels.

What I liked about DISH is back in 2015-16 I got emails saying 'For being a loyal DISH customer this month's bill is on us." Now that would happen like twice out of the year but I was grateful and it's been a few years since that has happened. The only reason why I'm probably still putting up with DISH is my bill isn't quite as high cause HBO and SHOtime are feuding with them at the moment and I'm not being billed for those channels.

Really?
I never heard that

Really?
I never heard that
I don't know what I did right to earn that kind of reward. Only thing I could possible think of is me buying the UFC cards every month but that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. Not sure why I lucked out. But it's definitely been a few years since I've had that treatment.

I have fight pass, and have a found a way to watch PPV at a very minimal cost (wink wink). What are we to do with ESPN+? Do you plan on paying for this or do you have another work around?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back