Who's career and character do you respect more? Jon Jones' or Francis Nganou's?

Jon Jones.

More impressive to become a GOAT when ur snorting coke off a whores ass every weekend.

Jones's status meant sticking it to the UFC the way Francis did wasn't an option for him. He refused to bail out Dana for 151 he held out for years etc. What more do you want?

Also Jones is not a boxer it is literally the only combat related thing he is not great at.
Jones doesn’t have to box there are other MMA orgs.
Listen I don’t understand why you jones fans are getting to butthurt , it’s just like my opinion man.

Meh I don't ever see Jones sacrificing greatness for money and thats exactly what Ngannou is doing. If Ngannou loses to Joshua and goes 0-2 in boxing sure he'll have money but the whole schtick is dead at that point and 50 million is far from generational wealth

Bones has grestest career in mma history Frank went 1-1 with Stipe refused to engsge Beast and has maybe 4-5 other impressive wins. Bones has 15 years worth of fighting nothing but killers and never losing.

Meh I don't ever see Jones sacrificing greatness for money and thats exactly what Ngannou is doing. If Ngannou loses to Joshua and goes 0-2 in boxing sure he'll have money but the whole schtick is dead at that point and 50 million is far from generational wealth
Dude will of made around 100 mil after 3 boxing fights . He will do 1 more after AJ likely Fury. Name a single mma fighter to get that for an entire career. Even Conor, Jones, GSP , Anderson, etc never did that. Conor did but that was off of Boxing and business ventures not UFC Fight Purses.

If Bones had a chance for that kind of money he would have in a heart beat. He fights one more fight after this he will of out made the entire combined top 5 mma career purse leaders.

After researching it .

Ngsnnou off 1 fight with AJ makes more than Conors entire career in mma and more than Khabib and Reems combined careers . Counting strictly Purses.

Last edited:
Jones doesn’t have to box there are other MMA orgs.
Listen I don’t understand why you jones fans are getting to butthurt , it’s just like my opinion man.

And I said that could never have happened for Jones because hes Jones. The UFC was never letting Jones fight for another org. Dana is on tape calling him the GOAT too many times. If they couldn't reach terms Jones would have had to retire.

Jones is the best fighter in MMA history and Francis's resume doesn't come close in either quality or quantity.

And I said that could never have happened for Jones because hes Jones. The UFC was never letting Jones fight for another org. Dana is on tape calling him the GOAT too many times. If they couldn't reach terms Jones would have had to retire.

Jones is the best fighter in MMA history and Francis's resume doesn't come close in either quality or quantity.
Contracts end he coulda waited it out, best fighters in history don’t need to cheat . But sorry that’s a reality .

Well the thread is who’s career and character so you respect more, and I respect Nganou more for sticking it to Dana and the ufc. I believe dana has become detrimental to the sport, and every top fighter who sticks their ground to get what they deserve gets my respect.
I don’t know for sure Francis would have never come back to the ufc if the ufc would have allowed him to box, they could have constructed some sort of contract with obligations to MMA and they didn’t. So fuck em

Francis hasn't even returned to PFL despite everything they gave him.

But sure he'd totally have returned to the UFC after getting his boxing match.

Francis hasn't even returned to PFL despite everything they gave him.

But sure he'd totally have returned to the UFC after getting his boxing match.
It’s almost like contracts can be structured differently. But yeah I guess a smooth brain like you can’t understand that.

How is this even a question? Francis has a way more lucrative career and hasn't done much to suggest he isn't a decent guy, while jones has routinely acted like a total piece of shit. Prime Jones is the best MMA fighter i've ever watched and his career is decent but he fucked it up. He was supposed to be the michael jordan of MMA and even had a nike sponsorship but flushed it down the shitter.

It’s almost like contracts can be structured differently. But yeah I guess a smooth brain like you can’t understand that.
You mean like how Francis' PFL contract was that he got 1 boxing match and then had to fight for PFL by early/mid 2024?

And is now instead on his 2nd boxing match instead of fighting for PFL? As well as taking a 3rd and not fighting for PFL at all in 2024?

He conned you guys and it'll never not be funny how badly you all embarrassed yourselves rushing to present him as some kind of saint instead of someone just out for himself.

Some people are separating the two conveniently but i asked it as a combination, career and character...and when you weigh both Francis edges it out for me.

Back