Who's career and character do you respect more? Jon Jones' or Francis Nganou's?

But you're getting confused. You do know that it had nothing to do with money and all to do with Francis not wanting to fight in mma anymore, correct?
And considering that Dana is head of an "MMA" promotion, I ask again, what does Dana even have to do with this discussion?
Oh I didn’t know you were inside ngannous head.
And Dana and his company were the one negotiating with him. Bro just let it go

Dude will of made around 100 mil after 3 boxing fights . He will do 1 more after AJ likely Fury. Name a single mma fighter to get that for an entire career. Even Conor, Jones, GSP , Anderson, etc never did that. Conor did but that was off of Boxing and business ventures not UFC Fight Purses.

If Bones had a chance for that kind of money he would have in a heart beat. He fights one more fight after this he will of out made the entire combined top 5 mma career purse leaders.

After researching it .

Ngsnnou off 1 fight with AJ makes more than Conors entire career in mma and more than Khabib and Reems combined careers . Counting strictly Purses.
Can I ask you how you know what every fighter has netted over their careers?

Can I ask you how you know what every fighter has netted over their careers?

Just his Fury fight alone he made as much as DC for his entire career.

Didn't read topic nor replies.

Francis, end of debate, if there is even one. Other clown failed three drug tests. Francis flew his country by foot and became the HW champ.

Oh I didn’t know you were inside ngannous head.
And Dana and his company were the one negotiating with him. Bro just let it go
Right, and the UFC dodged a bullet by not giving into his ridiculous demands.
Are you saying that making the transition over to boxing wasn't the main priority in Ngannou’s decision?
The main sticking point was Ngannou’s demands to be able to box. And, wisely, Dana and company understood that he wasn't a big enough draw to do that. Add on top he had no intention of fighting MMA then yes, the UFC dodged a bullet by not chasing him.

Last edited:
How did he con me? By putting on exciting fights?
Once again they could’ve have structured the contract in such a way where he would have to come back to the ufc after a certain amount of fights or time.
I understand you love your daddy dana but please go cry to someone else about it.
I can tell from your replies that your ridiculous hate for a man you've never met is definitely clouding any business sense you may have.
Frank conned the PFL and you guys that believe he still wanted to fight MMA. And seeing how much money he made against Fury, considering how much money that card lost, I would say the MMA organization that is the UFC came out smelling like roses in this whole situation. He is just not a draw no matter what sport he fights and if you sign him to 10 million/fight YOU WILL LOSE MONEY.

I can tell from your replies that your ridiculous hate for a man you've never met is definitely clouding any business sense you may have.
Frank conned the PFL and you guys that believe he still wanted to fight MMA. And seeing how much money he made against Fury, considering how much money that card lost, I would say the MMA organization that is the UFC came out smelling like roses in this whole situation. He is just not a draw no matter what sport he fights and if you sign him to 10 million/fight YOU WILL LOSE MONEY.
I have no hate, but you can hate people you’ve never met it’s almost like you can judge their actions. It seems your love for daddy dana is overwhelming your mental faculties.
And also it is you’re

Right, and the UFC dodged a bullet by not giving into his ridiculous demands.
Are you saying that making the transition over to boxing wasn't the main priority in Ngannou’s decision?
The main sticking point was Ngannou’s demands to be able to box. And, wisely, Dana and company understood that he wasn't a big enough draw to do that. Add on top he had no intention of fighting MMA then yes, the UFC dodged a bullet by not chasing him.
Nah he brought more eyes and respect to MMA. You’re just too much of a boot licker to see.

Francis is an inspiration.
Picto is a big criminal.

only?

Ray Mercer actually won his foray into MMA
View attachment 1023977View attachment 1023978
And Mercer's accomplishment would have parallelled Francis if he had fought Fedor, Cain, or Big Nog in MMA and fought to a close split decision loss. I find it highly improbable that he would have been able to do that though.

There is no denying the uniqueness of what Francis did.

In the cage is by far Jon Jones and it isn't even close... you are asking to decide between probably the GOAT and a fringe top 20 best fighter...

Outside? I don't know Francis at all but Jon actually did shitty stuff and got caught so? Um Francis but it's not saying much dude just wanted to get paid and did everything he could to do it... that doesn't make you a good or bad guy... just a guy.

I met him and hanged around with him at the beach in Brazil when he was there as a guest over a decade ago. He was literally the nicest fighter I ever met, and I met a ton (thru Stitch). He did things that only a true nice person would do, like had just met me the day but made his way all the way over across the lobby to say bye to us before heading to the airport (Stitch wasn't around at the exact time).

I'm not the biggest fan of the shit he did, but it's like you said, I haven't seen what really happened and all. I just know my experience and that was it.
I met him a few times at the paradise warrior retreat and had this same exact impression.

And Mercer's accomplishment would have parallelled Francis if he had fought Fedor, Cain, or Big Nog in MMA and fought to a close split decision loss. I find it highly improbable that he would have been able to do that though.

There is no denying the uniqueness of what Francis did.
Hats off to Francis for sure

But Im not sure what you are trying to say, Ray was 50 when he knocked Silvia out

Henderson was 40 and a MW when he knocked Fedor out.. Who knows what the outcome would have been had Ray layed hands on Fedor at any age.

Hats off to Francis for sure

But Im not sure what you are trying to say, Ray was 50 when he knocked Silvia out

Henderson was 40 and a MW when he knocked Fedor out.. Who knows what the outcome would have been had Ray layed hands on Fedor at any age.
During the 10 years when he dominated everyone, Fedor would have destroyed any MMA novice; Ray had learned some skills because he had been training, but they were clearly not at the level of top HWs in MMA. Sylvia was an ideal stylistic matchup for a boxer crossing over; he was way out of shape and was never the kind of grappler that the other elite HWs were. Anyone with elite grappling would do what Randy did to Toney. Sylvia was more like Francis taking on a lower level contender.

Ngannou came out of nothing. Oh and he made more in one boxing match than what Jon Jones made in like 10 fights.

Respect.

Francis is an inspiration.
Picto is a big criminal.
You do know Francis has been to jail right?

Let alone we have no idea what happened during his years of homelessness in Paris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back