Who's else is excited ASF to see Aaron Pico this weekend?

Definitely should throw the loss out the window, but it should be put in it’s broader context. A 20 year old debuting fighter fight a man who has 10 fights and is considerably bigger. If course no one will ever let you forget about a hiccup, but it doesn’t define Pico imo.
It does make up 33% of his MMA career so far though. I'm willing to forget about that loss if he starts beating better fighters, but at this point I'd argue that it is a significant part of what defines him.

Stoked AF

giphy.gif

It does make up 33% of his MMA career so far though. I'm willing to forget about that loss if he starts beating better fighters, but at this point I'd argue that it is a significant part of what defines him.
I find it ironic that you are seemingly aware of where pico stands at this point of his career, while being seemingly unaware of the type of fighters he should be competing against at this point of his career.

Who should a kid (whose loss makes up 33% of his career) be fighting? should he have debuted against chandler? should he be fighting someone like sanchez or weichel since dropping to fw?

serious questions btw.

he debut against a guy who was 6-2. he rebounded against men who were 7-3 and 12-3. if that isn't proper competition for someone whose loss makes up 33% of his career, then idk what is.

Last edited:
Sign me up as someone else more interested in Pico vs opponent I had to google than Bader vs Mo. Have never been excited to watch Bader fight even though he is talented.

What do you think of his opponent? I had to google him as well thinking it was just another can but when I did I found out that he;s been fighting in M-1 for the last 4 or so years and looking pretty OK against the monsters of the Russian regional scene

He seems to be real tough and can wrestler, grapple and also strike somewhat. The guy's he was facing were all way more experienced than Pico and all were well rounded..

This seems like a fight for Pico to lose real bad, this guy seems to be way better than Pico's 3 previous opponents who I thought were all bums

Also, this guy seems pretty big, like he cuts a lot of weight

I find it ironic that you are seemingly aware of where pico stands at this point of his career, while being seemingly unaware of the type of fighters he should be competing against at this point of his career.

Who should a kid (whose loss makes up 33% of his career) be fighting? should he have debuted against chandler? should he be fighting someone like sanchez or weichel since dropping to fw?

serious questions btw.

he debut against a guy who was 6-2. he rebounded against men who were 7-3 and 12-3. if that isn't proper competition for someone whose loss makes up 33% of his career, then idk what is.
I never said he should be fighting better competition. In fact I said above that he should be taking the kinds of bouts he's taking this saturday for the next 3 years so that he can gain experience and so that we can see whether he's legit or not.

My point was that those 2 wins after a loss don't suddenly prove he's some super prospect worthy of being highlighted. He's still only 2-1 vs. lower end competition.

Because of all the discussion I'll keep my eye on him, but I feel like he's still got a while to go.

I never said he should be fighting better competition. In fact I said above that he should be taking the kinds of bouts he's taking this saturday for the next 3 years so that he can gain experience and so that we can see whether he's legit or not.

My point was that those 2 wins after a loss don't suddenly prove he's some super prospect worthy of being highlighted. He's still only 2-1 vs. lower end competition.

Because of all the discussion I'll keep my eye on him, but I feel like he's still got a while to go.
100% he's got ways to go. He's only 21, but his skills are seriously insane.

I don't know if I would go as far as "excited as fuck", but I am looking forward to it.

Agreed overall.

Back