Who's the best boxer currently in the UFC? (First Semi-Finals)

Who's the best boxer currently in the UFC? (First Semi-Finals)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dustin without doubt.

Yan? Merab outboxed him

It's probably Yan. Yan is the one who can really box because he has midget arms. He needs to rely on technical skill.

For me this is between Poirier and Yan.

This is tough because Yan has the cleanest fundamentals and is the most versatile with his combinations. Very pretty technique, lots of feints, high pressure and the ability to string beautiful combo's while always staying balanced lots of these combo's do include kicks and elbows and usually taking slick angles after. The Sandhagen fight really showcased Yan's ability to use his diverse skill set to pick apart a fellow elite striker.

Poirier is more limited and can be prone to getting cracked by aggressive fighters when he's on the backfoot but his offence is far more sharp and potent despite his technique looking a bit ugly Poirier does a amazing job of cutting the cage off, using a high iq jab and letting massive combo's rip with crazy defence after. Poirier isn't amazing off the back foot but he constantly hunts for the counter to take control and once he starts leading the fight he's probably the most relentless and technical pressure fighter. The 2nd Conor fight is a perfect example.

I'm really torn here because Yan would definitely have the better style as a pure boxer to score points and outstrike other high level boxers but I'm also convinced Poirier would be just as effective with a Mexican style in breaking more traditional fighters like Yan. I'm leaning Poirier just based on the combo's honestly.

My first thought was Max, but then I remembered Dustin beating the snot out of him.

Poirier for me. Yans boxing is pretty tight as is rob fonts

I'd pick Yan as winner for this bracket and Pereira for the other bracket.
Yan 1
Pereira 2

Reactions: HHJ
I think Yan is the best boxer,but his style is actually better for boxing/kickboxing than it is for MMA.

Dont get me wrong,it obviously works,he was a mma world champion,but man. If someone can stifle his early lead,he struggles to make up the difference in time.

That being said,his skill level is fantastic,and he is a pleasure to see do work. That fight w Sandhagen was amazing

Back